losing steam?!?!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum losing steam?!?!

• Based on the traffic of this site, a couple Facebook pages, and downloads of the app it appears that ABT is on a serious downward slide!!! Is this the best Rovio has…. a weak update changing the color pallet and charging people for new content (Nemesis Prime). Does anyone else see this as the beginning of the end?? Has ABT run its course? I’m afraid personally unless there is a MAJOR game overhaul in the next month that we won’t be seeing much of this app after the new year.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

But after everything, does the app really deserve to live?

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I’m certainly disappointed with the halloween update, especially since I still can’t play the game.

I wondered the same thing when Rovio changed the map to remove most of the “Coming Soon” spots and decrease the cloud-cover a few months ago. I thought this signaled the end of the app, or at least a dramatic reduction in resources and scaling back of the end-game. In hindsight, the nail in the coffin was probably the poorly thought out professor’s lab and mission portals that were much more lucrative than actually running nodes, which dealt a serious blow to their attempt to monetize the game.

Today they started using ABT to basically tell you to go play AB2. I own AB2 but I don’t play because I’ve been playing ABT since the beginning and all of the issues, particularly the way Rovio has responded, have soured me on the franchise. Really, I should give-up this game and stick with flinging. In theory ABT is a fun, addictive game, but the business development motives were bad from the outset and they have never recovered.

Traveler
    @traveler

I agree with Pampeans, in that Rovio has let this game lag in terms of making it more inviting for new and existing players. I am on IOS and have held off updating for the Halloween revision since there so many issues with the new version. I have been playing for almost a year and find it hard to give up the game, especially since I am close to having all of the TF’s at level 15. However, the game has strayed far from what made it so addicting in its early stages. Perhaps I am also losing steam since all of the nodes and scenes are just repeated over and over again. Sameness becomes dullness after a while.

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

Actually, I think the pumpkins challenge is a good thing as it gets you back killing the pigs.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

Back in August Rovio had a layoff (+/-30%) of their studio. Plus they are doing that movie (eye roll). So who knows how many resources are even allocated to supporting or expanding existing games. Given the length of time that known problems have gone unchecked, I would suspect very limited resources. I’m sure they’ll be looking at the numbers that issuing a new TF generated to see if it is worth it to do again. If not, the game could potentially stay unchanged for a very long time

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum losing steam?!?!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.