List & Pics of All Energonicons

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum List & Pics of All Energonicons

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 230 total)
  • Replies
  • aVIP2u
    @avip2u

I think “RARITY”, if it means how useful they are, is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I used PHOTOBLAST (3 stars) and pretty much only that one, until my bots were 12+. Now I use GOLDBRICK (1 star) almost exclusively. Occasionally for defense I use SHIELDOR (2 stars).

The 4-stars, I don’t use at all any more. For a little while I did use GLASSOR but not any more.

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

With regards to whether each lab outcome, has an equal (20%) probability …

Here and on ABTDP, there have been some “wonderings” about that. What we need, to figure it out, is careful data collection. People would need to repeatedly run the same recipe and record which item number, 1 to 5, they receive on the first spin. We would also need to compare a recipe that yields, for example, SR/Gems (which you might think would have lower probabilities) vs. a recipe that yields more common items (AC/BP, followed by AG/DG and then BI/PI).

To make matters possibly worse, they could easily program in some kind of dynamically changing probabilities (one example, the more full your silo is of that item, the lower the probability), or even include a totally random factor.

The math in the Excel File that is easily accessed on ABTDP, assumes 20% across the board but there is now a spreadsheet in the workbook that is fairly easily customized if you know Excel.

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

@20qmindreader

Easiest is post results here. If it is a file, post to ABTDP.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

Interesting.

Today I spent some time playing around in the lab.

I didn’t keep track like you did, but in ~10 spins using 1xDG + 2xBP, I did not get a single first or second spin 3xSR result.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

In particular SR, I think. That’s a huge limiting factor for upgrades since we can easily earn the other mats through nodes and missions.

Also did you notice that 1xSR = 50 gems now when upgrading? Used to be 25 gems.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Here’s the result of my lab trials yesterday. It does appear that it’s not an even probability for each reward. I’m on Android 1.6.31 and at level 344. I had just started an upgrade and had some material to play with. My goal was to increase my gems. I forgot to keep track of my starting gems, but easily netted over 1,000 gems after this trial. I mainly did DG;2-BP. If I got SR, I did AG;2-SR for gems. When low on DG, I did PI;2-BP. When low on AG, I did BI;2-AC.

Lab Trial.png

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

@birdleader

The guide is no longer pinned? On purpose or oversight?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@avip2u

I wonder if it had something to do with the issue of the thread being locked-down every time you posted something to it?

As you can see, that doesn’t seem to be a problem any more.

Chuckles
    @chuckles

My high yield gem recipes are no longer high yield. I top out now at 14 gems max. Ugh.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Is it only the gem payouts from the recipes that have reduced, or have the amounts of materials and coins from recipes dropped also?

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

@chuckles @optimuspig

So far just the gems have been reduced 60% (to 40% of the prior).

Some analysis of the impact is on ABTDP (link in main post)

kwc
    @kwcs

I’m having a problem getting Goldbrick. I’ve tried all the combinations shown in the spreadsheet several times and it just won’t appear as any of the possible rewards in the lab. Does Goldbrick randomly appear in the lab like the 4 newest TF’s in the medium mission portal?

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

@kwcs

It’s not random, if you don’t have it, one of those should work.

Unless Rovio has messed up the recipes along with the gem-yields?!

Unfortunately if one already has them all (the EnergonIcons), one can no longer test recipes, so I’m afraid we cannot help you if recipes have been altered.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

“This renders the materials and gem strategies…virtually unusuable”

@avip2u
    sad but true. It seems like the probabilities have been adusted as well, such that you rarely land on gems in the professor’s slot machine. Of course the gem costs for respins has not been adjusted down accordingly. It’s as shame because the professor’s lab made what is otherwise a monotonous game interesting.

Although the materials and gem strategies worked well, they required a significant time investment. But isn’t that what Rovio wants — people spending a lot of time playing the game? No, apparently they just want people to spend money.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

That’s interesting. It feels to me like the probability of gems coming up has actually increased now that Rovio cut the output by 60%. On the other hand, the chance of rolling SR seems to have dropped significantly.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I’m getting more coins than anything else as well. After this latest update, I had a slightly positive gem yield with one additional spin after a coin result. Today, I netted -40 gems. So, no more second spins. Since it’s getting getting too hard to get gems for an early upgrade, I’m no longer watching videos to double coins since my balance is quickly growing and ignoring gold domes. Only videos I’m watching now are the forced ones and end them when I can.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I still have a good stash of gems from when I was farming them, and I continue to pick up gems here and there from missions, random chests, and recipes. But the thing that was blocking me the most on the road to 435, especially in the last 20 or so ranks was coins, so I’m really focused on that now. Just trying ton convert all mats into coins, and harvesting when I remember to do so. I don’t re-spin anything anymore, I’ll just take whatever the first spin gets me.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I’m pretty sure the lab has now been rigged to land on coins in order to force users to use gems for respins. Afterall, they’re now claiming they have removed the “updating process” code that DELIBERATELY reduced the gem count (among other things) evertime the lab was used, so this is there new way (by causing users) to decrease the gem count to make purchasing more attractive. Still, it’s unethical to rig the code to manipulate the users instead of having had a clear strategy for monetizing the game from the outset.

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

Main thread updated w/ October 21st v1.8.9.0 info.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

3xSR changed with the 1.8.14.0 update.

Used to be: 12,000 / 15,000 / 12,000 / 20 gems / 12,000

Now it’s: 12,000 / 15,000 / 20 gems / 20 gems / 12,000

Also, why isn’t this thread stickied anymore?

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

The Christmas update has brought us one change to the lab:

– You no longer auto-exit Prof. Pig’s lab after crafting.
    – In lab, more space between retry/collect buttons, and font for COLLECT is bigger.

Yay! This was a suggestion from players and they listened.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@avip2u What version do you play on (i.e. Android or iOS)?

I’m playing on an iPad, and not all of those changes have been implemented, it seems.

– You no longer auto-exit Prof. Pig’s lab after crafting – YES
    – Removed 2nd “Collect” button, only need to do this once – NO
    – In lab, more space between retry/collect buttons – YES
    – In lab, all materials show, without scrolling – NO

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

@optimuspig

Agree. I edited my earlier reply.

bigorange
    @bigorange

And the 3xPi or 3x Bi issue is fixed, if you already have the Energonicon, it no longer appears as a possible prize.

Nehuen
    @nehuen

WOW! I didint known some energonicons needed specific combinations!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum List & Pics of All Energonicons

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 230 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.