List of Changed Levels in AB2 (Updated 5/22/2018)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum List of Changed Levels in AB2 (Updated 5/22/2018)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • Replies
  • RizDub
    @rizdub

Finally got the list updated for the 2.6.1 update. (If anything changed with the most recent 2.6.6 update, it’ll be included alongside the 2.7 update list.) Only a few levels have changed, and they’re all minor changes.

This took a while to get working. My main computer stopped working recently, and so I had to re-download everything I had on there onto a different computer.

Taistelusonja
    @taistelusonja

I cant update latest version of AB2, can someone help me? I’ve tried everything..

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

What kind of error are you getting, Taistelusonja?

RizDub
    @rizdub

So I just got the list updated for the 2.7.1 update. And holy cow, there were a lot of changes. All five categories have multiple new entries.

One notably major change is that the third chapter (Eggchanted Woods) now has a fourth boss level. Level 55 is another fight against Foreman Pig, and so the final room has been completely redone.

@admins
    – Two pairs of levels have been switched, the leaderboards should be changed to reflect this.

RizDub
    @rizdub

The list has been updated for the 2.8.1 update. Many levels have been changed significantly, but almost all of them are in the first three chapters.

For some reason the third chapter (Eggchanted Woods) has SIX boss levels now (like later chapters), instead of three (or four, as in the previous update).

@hank
    Is there a reason you keep changing so many of the levels in the updates?

RizDub
    @rizdub

I just updated the list for the 2.9.0 update.

Compared to previous updates, this update barely changes anything. The only change I was able to find in this update involved five levels (specifically: 14, 18, 32, 41, and 63) in the first four chapters. They are now called “Score Levels,” and the objective is to obtain a certain score, rather than to pop all pigs in all rooms. Once you reach this score, the level is passed regardless of any other factors.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Score levels sucks with whistle. Totally pointless. You can’t beat your score even if you want to do it.

RizDub
    @rizdub

The list has been updated for the 2.10.0 update.

No major changes in this update. The only ones I’ve found are all in Eggchanted Woods; most of the levels no longer have the special pigs (Polymorpher Pigs, Balloon Pigs, Umbrella Pigs, and Golden Pigs) in normal playthroughs.

One other change that actually doesn’t affect gameplay directly is that the low feather rewards from map chests in Pigsyland onward have been increased dramatically. Where they used to award, say, twenty feathers, now they award one or two hundred.

RizDub
    @rizdub

The list has been updated for 2.11.0.

Several major changes, but they’re all in the first four chapters.

Many levels in Feathery Hills (3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, and 13) have updated tower constraints. Level 14 has been reverted to the non-Score Level version, and the first boss level (level 5, against Chef Pig) has been slightly redesigned.

The first room was removed in New Pork City level 28 (this level seems to get a lot of changes).

The levels in Eggchanted Woods (which I mentioned in the previous update) now have special pigs again – except the Polymorpher Pigs have been replaced with Gravity Pigs (Helmet Pigs sometimes appear too).

Finally, Chirp Valley level 64 introduces the Ring of Fire earlier than normal, and most of the other levels in this chapter feature a Ring of Fire in one of the rooms.

For some reason, although Gravity Pigs and the Ring of Fire have been retconned to be introduced in earlier chapters, they only appear in those specific chapters. The Gravity Pig appears in Eggchanted Woods, then doesn’t appear again until The Hamalayas (level 581); the Ring of Fire appears in Chirp Valley, then doesn’t appear again until Hamberg (level 661).

Soon I’m probably going to reorganize the list to make it a little cleaner.

RizDub
    @rizdub

The list has been updated and revised for 2.12.

My original three categories – “Major Overhauls,” “Adjusted Constraints,” and “Minor Changes” – have been changed. “Major Overhauls” is now called “Major;” “Minor Changes” is now called “Trivial;” and “Adjusted Constraints” has been split into “Moderate” and “Minor.” (Yes, the term “minor” refers to larger changes than it used to; this tripped me up a little bit.) Some levels have been recategorized to fit better into these new categories.

The only major change to the levels is in the first level of Feathery Hills; it has been moved to a “tutorial level” that is only playable the first time you open a game. Level 1 has been completely renovated. Three other levels have Trivial changes.

RizDub
    @rizdub

Finally got the list updated for the 2.13 update.

No major changes in this one. Most of the floating towers in the first three chapters have been removed. Also, the second tutorial tower for Red has another TNT in it, but this is in the tutorial level that’s only playable once, so I didn’t include it in the list.

hpmini2009
    @mightyebird

How do I upgrade slingshot? I’ve only upgraded hats for one bird, in the 100 pearl range and see no performance improvement. In Greenerville king pig gets stuck revolving through Level 164?

Mike
    @mikelandau

Level 646 has a significant change.  The walkthru needs to be changed to reflect the new tower.

RizDub
    @rizdub

@mikelandau What’s different about it? I’m looking through the files (I haven’t gotten that far in the game myself yet) and don’t see anything different since the last update. Could you provide a screenshot maybe?

Mike
    @mikelandau

In the third room, the walkthru shows two towers.  In the map, there is a third tower on the lower level between the two towers. And it’s hard to get to.

RizDub
    @rizdub

@mikelandau Ah, okay.

Nothing in the level file indicates that any change was made, so I assume this was a change made to the terrain layout used in that room. I can’t read the terrain layout files, and nothing in the level files indicate these changes, so I don’t include terrain layout changes in the list (this does not include changes from one layout to another) unless they’re in a boss or tutorial room, when the tower changes as well.

Also, if a terrain is changed, it will be changed in EVERY level with this layout in it, and I don’t want to have to scan through every level to find these terrains.

RizDub
    @rizdub

So after trying to figure out a way to extract the level files from the new version of the game (which uses a newer version of Unity that the extractor I usually use doesn’t work with), I finally managed to get a list prepared for the new update.

And… barely anything has changed.

Nothing that actually affects gameplay directly has changed. A few levels (as well as the new ones) no longer have given “estimated average score multiplier” variables. This is one of the variables used to determine a level’s 3-star score (for instance, if a level has 5 rooms, and its estimated average score multiplier was 4, then the 3-star threshold would be 75K x 5 x 4 = 1,500,000). Without this variable, the 3-star threshold is essentially 0.

The affected levels are:
    Eggchanted Woods levels 39 and 47;
    All of The Hamalayas (levels 581-620);
    All of Missispiggy Rivers (levels 1021-1060); and
    Got Ham City level 1113.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

@rizdub Better edit the list for 2.15.1!

RizDub
    @rizdub

@christian-cosgrove I didn’t find any level changes in 2.15. (I only update the list when a major update is released.)

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

@rizdub There are levels that have been changed to be in DC and KPP. Also, you can just update for the clans version 2.15.

RizDub
    @rizdub

No changes in the 2.16 update.

RizDub
    @rizdub

The map chests for the chapters Lichtenswine and Porka Rica (levels 1341-1420) have all been changed in 2.17. Formerly they all awarded 20 feathers for Red; now they award 100-200 feathers for different birds.

2.18 has no changes.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@rizdub – Thank you for your efforts.  How do you identify differences between updates?  It cannot be easy to do.

RizDub
    @rizdub

@jwgardenwiz I use a Unity extractor to extract the level files, then compare those with the files from the previous version. It’s actually not that difficult – the hardest part is how long it takes to compare 1400+ levels. I used to do it manually (by selecting all text and using command-F to find it in the new file), but I eventually switched to a program called TextWrangler, which can compare files automatically (WAY faster).

After doing this the hard part was finding a new extractor that would work; when the game updated to Unity 5.5 the extractor I had been using stopped working properly.

RizDub
    @rizdub

I didn’t notice any changes in the 2.19 update, but for the 2.20 update…

The birds are unlocked differently now. Previously, completing certain levels would give you a colored key, which can be used to unlock a specific bird (e.g. after completing level 1 you would earn a blue key, which is used to unlock the Blues). The next level on the map would then contain one or two tutorial rooms for the bird.

This is no longer the case. Now, completing those levels will give you a generic key, which can be used to unlock ANY of the birds. After doing this you will play a standalone tutorial room to practice with this bird; the map campaign would then resume.

The map levels that formerly contained these tutorial rooms have been changed, and now they are just generic rooms. Unfortunately, three of the birds (Blues, Chuck, and Silver) had TWO tutorial rooms instead of just one, and their respective second tutorial rooms are no longer playable.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum List of Changed Levels in AB2 (Updated 5/22/2018)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.