Internet use

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Internet use

• Does anybody have an idea of how much internet (data) the app uses?
    Is it too much to use when you don’t have wifi or unlimited internet?

Thanks!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • KillerKea
    @killerkea

If you have an iPhone, I know there’s a way to find out the usage stats for each program. I just don’t remember how to do it. Please let us know what phone and OS you are using.

Matticus
    @matticus

Thanks for your reply

Yes I do have an iphone. And I only play when I can use a wifi network.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

On iOS6 you’d need to download a program to track your data use for each app. For iOS7 go to settings/cellular to see your data usage for each app. You can drill down further by going to system services to figure out what programs are using your data plan the most, but this program wouldn’t use those.

Matticus
    @matticus

Thank you very much for that!
    The thing is it gives me data used via 3G or edge but not via wifi and I only use wifi as I dont want to spend all my data on this game (even to try and look at how much it uses…)

abirds954
    @abirds954

Well isn’t that what you want to know? Who cares how much Wi-Fi data its using? Are you in a hotel or somewhere that bills you per GB of Wi-Fi?

You should play for a day without Wi-Fi and see what it uses in data, then extrapolate out.

Matticus
    @matticus

OK let me explain better:

-I only play when I can use a free wifi.
    -I never played using 3G because then I pay per data. So I never tried and don’t want to.

Some other people however pay per month and have unlimited internet. So they can use the 3G as much as they want.

So I’m asking those people who don’t pay per data how much data it uses when they play Angry birds epic (more or less per minute, just an estimation).
    Then, depending on how much it uses, I (and other people in the same situation than me) can estimate if I can afford playing Angry bird with the 3G or not.

Thanks!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I play on my wi-fi only iPad 3 so I have no idea how much data it uses. I doubt it is much. If you only play on wi-fi, then you have nothing to worry about since wi-fi is generally free. Turn off your wi-fi and try playing an hour on your 3G if you want to know how much data it uses.

burbman
    @burbman

@matticus – I just looked at my Data usage, and my phone looks to use approx. 1KB per minute on average during periods of time where I am off wifi, but playing the game. I have an iPhone 5s. Not sure how much of this is the game vs. other usage. Hope this helps.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

1k/min is only 600k for 10 hours or 6 meg for 100 hours so play as much as you like on 3G. Just don’t do something like download the update over 3G if you are worried about your data plan.

Matticus
    @matticus

Thanks everybody.
    I don’t have wifi at hope so I only play where there is wifi..

Anyway, so I tried for 2 minutes (charging the game and 1 fight against the golden pig) and it used 387k.

Hope it will help others

Cheers

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

I am playing on Android and use 3G/4G connection to play Angry Birds Epic every day for a little over an hour. My usage is about 10 MB per day which is a little over 170k/minute.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Internet use

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.