Impossible scores

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Impossible scores

• I have recently been promoted back into diamond league after being disenchanted with what appeared to be impossiblee scores by others at the top when I was in diamond league before. Some of the disenchantment was down to my poor knowledge of understanding the value of using wingman with some other power ups, as I progressed through the levels without using powerups. Nevertheless, despite using powerups and wingman I still see some outrageous scores which look impossible to reach. Could players be possible cheating?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@ragdolls Have you checked your scores against our leaderboards? That may give you an idea of how “impossible” those scores you’re seeing are.

SenorVP
    @senorvp

Here is an example. In level 1 of this week’s Friends tournament (180) the highest score on the leaderboard is 323,660. Here is the top of my league:
    Nedim 404,980
    Claudius 403,390
    Ashraf 402,620

323,660 would give you a lock on 3oth place. Unfortunately, I think this is primarily caused by Rovio’s profit design. Selling the bird coins instead of just charging for the software or a license fee puts competitive people like me in a bad spot. There is no way I am spending $79.99 on powerups. But you need powerups to be competitive. Solution? Find a source of free powerups. For most people this is the leethax.net plugin. You start out using it just to avoid paying for powerups (you always have 99 of each) but then, when you find people passing you by by using the facility for unlimited powerups, you get ticked off and start using 1 or 2 extra, then a few, then as many as it takes. I would love to see Rovio create a NO powerup, NO special sling league with a fee for the software. I would play something like $5.99 for a membership or maybe $.99 per week. Their exorbitant charges are at least partially to blame for this mess.

john-ohearn
    @john-ohearn

I have been playing AFB since it started (AB fanatic). I am one of those ones that purchases coins to obtain my power ups. I took the approach that when competing in the Leagues that all others were doing the same and that this leveled the playing field and only left ingenuity and perseverance to figure out the best use of bird and power up combination. This past week (181 – 4) my average score was around 190,000 and my best score was 227,000 (which I think I got a lucky bounce from Wingman). I’m at a loss as to how others can obtain scores better that that by 70,000 points. There are only 5 birds in the level. I’m getting a suspicious feeling that I’ve been duped into actually buying coins and others are rigging their scores with cheats. If this is the case, I want my money back. If the leader board scores are true, I’d like to see how it was possible to obtain. The Angry Birds Nest top score was 293,780….how can you get a score that high on this level?

burbman
    @burbman

@john-ohearn – Nesters are usually pretty good at detailing the strategies used to get those super high scores. Check the walkthrough comments in the link below for an example on the level you referred to above.

Angry Birds Friends 2015 Tournament Level 4 Week 181 Walkthrough

Plumps
    @plumps

In my opinion it is cheated here!

Alan
    @alan-leon-wautier

I too am an older player who’s been slinging birds since day one and just very recently discovered the nest & vast AB online social circles. My initial impression was the top recurring ABF impossibly hiscores could only be obtained through tweaking software or flatout falsifying one’s game progress which really was disconcerting to say the least (especially considering I blow anywhere from 20-60$ on PUs a month!) But for the most part I think the majority of players here are legit and their savvy comes through sharing strategies, closed AB groups etc..etc Sure, there’s always gonna be disingenuous underhanded cocksuckers that must resort to cheating in whatever ways I rather not even know about..And Rovio’s sole interest will always be its revenue..first and foremost. That been said..I’m gonna continue enjoying this game to the fullest.. and competing between my kids and a small pool of co-worker fellow AB addicts keeps it real..it’s great fun..why let some cheating low lifes ruin it I say……Game on!

Plumps
    @plumps

If, however, I see that players have thousands of Coins? This is unfair towards paying players and must be prevented by Rovio.

Alan
    @alan-leon-wautier

@plumps, to follow up & hopefully help, I was graciously let into AB pro strategy Facebook closed group recently, and began hooking up with lots lots of ABF friends.. By always making sure I reciprocate everybody that gifts me daily (or more) I now have 1K+ in free PUs,coins and growing….check out the thread here on how to apply.
    Good luck :)

Ludmillia Jones
    @ludmillia-jones

One can get coins by sharing and helping friends. WE shouldn’t have to pay for a game that is rigged, anyway. I still want to know why I can leave crumbs in a scene and still have a score lower than my first try.

Alan
    @alan-leon-wautier

@ludmillia-jones though I agree with you that Rovios prime motive is filling its coffers, Im not entirely convinced they deserve the full rap for every @$k# insane hi-score we see that defy all universal laws and leaves us feeling homicidal. There’s been ongoing glitches in various levels for the last few tournaments since the release of a new game update last Dec. it favors android platforms hi-scores to the big dismay of PC only users who originally had the edge. The choppy visuals & other distortions occur on some levels at random. We continue flooding Rovio with greivances who sound apologetic but no real fixes to date.It doesn’t look intentional,perhaps just sloppy programing. Also, theres alot of dirtball cheats that jack the scores up beyond reach using unlimited pwrups through illegal plug ins & other shady tweaks I dont even want to know about. If you suspect one email Rovio support asap, and theyll terminate his ass. If you’re intrested theres a 100% legal way to get almost unlimited pwrups through FB mass gifting.There’s a post on this forum that outlines how. its easy and so so worth it.
    Hope his helps, Good luck :)

Ludmillia Jones
    @ludmillia-jones

Thanks for such a thorough answer! I do get help from friends, but the Wingman, for example, doesn’t do any special damage.

As for the scores, I’m on Chromebook and will leave crumbs, but with no additional points to account for it. I understand people who pay-to-play with boosters deserve more points, but there should be rewards for getting better carnage on our own.

For me, it’s just more fun to develop the strategy and get some points for it. All of these games, however, are rigged to make you lose unless you pay for cheats and boosts. Some are really obvious, but they have to let you win eventually.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I never purchased bird coins and now I have 24k.
    Generally I wouldn’t go on the top position until I am ready (it cost me around 3000 to buy bunch of power ups to achieve that). I would get 3 stars on every stage and call it a day.

jodelson
    @jodelson

I agreed.

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@plumps @ludmillia-jones @jodelson
    What Alan @alan-leon-wautier was referring to regarding our “semi-secret” closed group of ABF friends on FB is entirely correct. The more friends you have on FB who play ABF regularly, then the more freebie bird coins and power-ups you’ll gain. If you have ever noticed, many Nesters have thousands of bird coins and power-ups. You can, too. Fully legit and sanctioned by Rovio. For more info on how to join us, click this link and follow the instructions: https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/earn-thousands-of-bird-coins-power-ups-free/

Happy Flinging!
    –MB :)

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Impossible scores

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.