Ideas for Future Chronicle Caves

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Ideas for Future Chronicle Caves

• Anyone have ideas for the handicaps in upcoming Chron Caves? A few I thought up:

– Pigs go first at start of every battle
    – Pigs get two turns in a row every X rounds
    – Across the board X percent drop in all birds’ stats
    – Birds’ weapon special effects (stun chance, critical chance, etc.) nulled

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Replies
  • Red7827
    @gulgor0

My idea for eigth cave:
    Desert of Cough
    Downside: During every battle, for start only one random pig is visible, birds can only attack that pig, after killing it, the next pig shows up and so on until end of leve. Every other pig covered by sandstorm can also attack birds.
    Also, every multi-hit class/weapon (Like spies) is nullified here.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I challenge you to try doing levels with only 2 birds and no potions if you have nothing left to do.

Red
    @james1562

I don’t have a name for this cave.

Bosses block your criticals, stuns, dispels.

Pigs go first.

Bosses cheat. By cheating I mean bosses interrupt during your turn if trigger their cheat. For Example. There is a boss that heals by 500 HP if you shield or heal (You can only heal every 2 turns Paladin’s heal does not count) If red shields a bird the boss interrupts and he heals. If you used Matilda to heal the last turn and you heal this turn the boss heals by 500. There could be way more cheats than this.

No potions, veggie cakes, or Mighty Eagles dish.

Bosses Attack power goes up by X% and your bird’s attack power goes down.

A cave that casts a flame on all birds that does overtime damage forever until you finish the fight. The Flame attacks your birds the second round and attacks every 3 rounds. This can’t be cleansed.

abirds954
    @abirds954

No items seems like a guarantee at some point; I’m actually surprised they haven’t used it yet.

How about a cave where your classes are randomized when you enter battle?

cheeky
    @cheekyorth

god that would be a nightmare
    imagine going in with your best classes and end up with chuck rainbird, red knight and matilda cleric

marce_r2001
    @gx-d

Autumn fall
    the birds receive 50 damage every turn and the chili is locked for all the level

marce_r2001
    @gx-d

i have other idea
    stun all birds for 1 turn every 3 turns

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

I doubt they’ll do a no-items cave. Items = cash for Rovio. There’s no way they’d discourage you from getting more of them. What they might do instead is make items (and possibly other healing) 50% effective so you have to use more of them.

I could see messing around with the party-structure – you only get 1 of your own birds plus 2 hirelings? Or only 1 of each? Maybe even a 1-on-1 for the whole cave? Or go the other way – allow 4 or even 5 birds, but make the battles much harder so you NEED to bring a large group. (It is possible to have 4 allies at least – it currently only happens in the 2nd wave of Wizpig Castle.)

Permanent undispellable ghost ability on pigs? Force you to miss half of all your attacks? Or maybe just randomly ghost pigs every other turn?

Randomly put undispellable counter-effects on pigs? (Lightning Shield/Thorny Vines)

One evil combination would be repeatedly blocking rage abilities while simultaneously giving all pigs Wildling ability and making the rage bar fill up faster. Even better if you can’t dispel the rage-block so you have to wait for it to wear off while the enemies get the advantage of the full bar for longer.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

I love to see a cave where all the Damage over time effects on pigs are negated.
    Another would be a 25% damage reduction on all Birds attacks.
    All healing is reduced by 25% for the duration of the battle.
    Another would be all debuffs done to birds can’t be removed by healing effects.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

The first of those already exists – any battle with all pirate-type enemies are all immune to damage over time. And there’s one cave where at least one debuff can’t be removed. In the caves where your birds get stunned every few rounds, you can’t remove the stun effect via cleansing.

Red
    @redftw

I have a good idea for a cave.

Name: Steel Corridors
    Help Affect: Iron Wall: Increases all pigs defence by 100% for 1 turn every 3 turns, making it so the birds attacks don’t do any damage to the pigs that turn.

Boss of the Cave: Titanium Guardian (Royal Guard Costume)

Health: 40753

Attack: Unbreaking Strike: Charge 2 turns. Deals 2578 damage. 75% to cast a shield that reduces damage of birds by 25%. Lasts 5 turns.

Boost: Reflect: Any damage the birds do, it gets reflected back at them, dealing 100% damage. Lasts 2 turns.

Passive: Ironclad

This cave’s enemies would be based on both ironclad enemies, and dodging enemies (ninjas). This is like this so people would have a challenge, using low power classes for the ninjas (Samurai, Druid, Rogues, etc.), and have stronger classes that deal a lot of damage (Sea Dog, Paladin, Cleric, etc.). Or just using low/high power weapons. Other pigs included in this cave could be:

Apprentices (stick pigs that can cast barriers)
    Shamans
    Nature Pigs

This cave will be a cave based on travelling by foot (or whatever the angry birds use to walk). This is just an idea. I might add in more ideas later if I think of any. Feel free to leave feedback for me. I would like to know what you could change, or if you like the idea. Thanks.

-Red

Mindset
    @mindset83

How about power switching with the pigs. This forces a new kind of strategy and actually has you choose classes you think are weak due to the pigs switching classes with the birds. This allows us to play around with the pig attacks as well.

redbird
    @redbird456

I’ve got a few ideas:
    Polluted Airs: All healing is reduced by 25%

Power Switch: All birds take 30% more damage and all pigs get 30% more strength

Undead Night: once a wave has been defeated, 1-3 pigs will revive.

Me First: 20% chance that all pigs will have an extra turn after attacking

Unfriendly Days: All supportive abilities are disabled every 2 turns

Pig Rage: Pigs get to use the rage chili instead

abirds954
    @abirds954

@redftw Great cave idea, and yeah what are they doing when they “walk”? Hopping? Are their wings damaged and they can’t quite fly? If so, that’s sad.

What about a switch a la Bad Piggies — your party must be made up of pig allies (Porky, Pigdiana Jones, Piggy McCool, and let’s say they throw in a shaman for healing and one of those giant pigs as a tank). That’s your five, and you choose three for any given fight?

Rhino
    @rhinofreak

My idea :

Bad Luck cave..

Every 3 turns a random bird gets either poisoned/stunned/damaged/heal-blocked/rage-blocked
    OR
    The chances of us getting all bad effects are 50% higher.

Might be really tough to clear such a cave.

Red
    @redftw

@abirds954 I like that idea with the Pig party theme going on. But there might be one flaw to that. Since there is a 12 hour wait time after you use your helpers (Piggy McCool, Porky, Pigiana Jones), and with those added pigs you talked about (shaman and the brute), you will only be able to use three pigs, and then two of them (if the birds are not allowed to fight in the cave). I still think the birds should be able to fight in the cave. But still, I like the idea, but I think that people without bird help from Facebook would be taking a lot of time to finish the cave. But it could be a great idea for another cave. With the pigs making up the party. Or maybe we could have a cave where the birds are captured (sort of like bamboo woods).

-Red

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

Love to see fights against Cloned versions of your birds , like the 1 on 1 fight with Red in Old Nesting Barrows 4 , but they have different powers or effects from their counterpart and higher health.

abirds954
    @abirds954

@redftw Very true; I guess that idea only works if the “one friend per 12 hour” rule is relaxed.

What about a Star Wars-themed cave? Trying to think of other Rovio tie-ins now.

And what about a “test your party”-type thing against the Mighty Eagle? Where his HP is essentially infinite and he gets progressively harder every X turns and you see how long you can last against him? Every say 5 rounds, you get some snoutlings. Every 20 rounds, you get a lucky coin.

Red
    @redftw

@abirds954 That would be a good idea for getting extra lucky coins and snoutlings. But people might start playing that more often than the game itself. It could happen. Maybe we could have something like that except it switches your classes and birds after each wave so you can get used to each class and bird and maybe change up your strategy.

Sir Falcon
    @flying-falcon

Cave 8- Endless snow

Mass winter- All pigs take no damage every 5 turns.

Boss: Giant Frost Pig

Health- 84300

Attacks- Shards of death- Deals 5x 108 damage. Heals for 30% of dealt damage.

Winter Frost- Charge 2 turns, deals 900 damage to all birds. All birds take 10% more damage for the next 3 turns.

How is it? Good?

abirds954
    @abirds954

@flying-falcon 8 million health? Please tell me that’s a typo. Although even 800,000 or 80,000 health is quite a bit more than any enemy currently has.

cheeky
    @cheekyorth

@abirds954 to be fair over 8 million health would almost me impossible to beat, also the first attack of the giant frost pig (shards of death) is the same as Poseidon pig except with lower healing. lower the health of the giant frost pig and it could happen

pip
    @crabface

I’d like to see a cave that replaces your healing with damage points on every third turn. It could be a bit tricky to find health that would only help you out when you want it.

Maybe no potions?

Sir Falcon
    @flying-falcon

Anyway I edited the post so it became 84300

And posidon pig- who is he?

cheeky
    @cheekyorth

@flying-falcon he is in the maelstrom, which is the whirlpool level, he does 5x 108 with healing of all the damage dealt, which would be 108 unless you use a shield of some sort, you can beat him with mage (or archmmage), knight and princess, just bring lots of potions. the strategy is attack with princess to direct Poseidon pig to red, make red shield himself and make mage shock shield red. whenever the shock shield or red’s shield disappears just refill it and always heal with princess, attack with red or chuck or both whenever you can. if red’s health gets low just use a potion and heal with princess. this strategy works really well with set items. try it

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Ideas for Future Chronicle Caves

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.