How can I add a print screen to a post on iOS device

Home Forums General Discussions Forum How can I add a print screen to a post on iOS device

• when I press the paper clip or picture above it asks me to type some info that I have no idea of what it should be.

i have searched here for a forum guide or answer in a post but can’t find.

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • grammyK
    @grammyk

@admins, I have no reply, can you help? No problem if you are too busy.

SweetP
    @sweetp

Sorry no one has answered your question @grammyk. I would help, but I don’t use an iOS device. I’ll see if I can find someone that does, and can lend a hand.

@bernersenn, @birdleader

Kathy
    @kathy

@grammyk I also use Android, but I’m in the search as well for someone with IOS to help, hang in there!

Kathy
    @kathy

@grammyk I found this, not sure if it will help, but I’ll keep trying to find someone who knows.

hopefully this link even works ¿

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200289

Kathy
    @kathy

NP @sweetp Hope it helps 😉

grammyK
    @grammyk

@kathy, @sweetp, lol, I can do the print screens on the device, just can’t figure out how to get them in a post. It’s easy to put them in my album but this forum software works quite differently:-)

Kathy
    @kathy

ohh @grammyk sorry I misunderstood

ok here goes, I’ll do my best to explain how i do it

go to your album, click (maybe hold and press) on the pic you want to upload

it should enlarge the picture and you’ll see 3 or 4 links below,

click on the ‘copy link text’ or Embed thumbnail’ hold that  until part of it turns blue, and and’ up top ‘select all ‘  copy ‘  then wherever you want it to be, go there, press and click paste.

Yes that was quite rudimentary instruction, but if I can do it, you can! I’ll try to get a screenshot of the screen with the links lol!

@sweetp help?

hold on brb.

Kathy
    @kathy

in this case I chose ‘text link’

Screenshot_2019-06-04-21-44-51.png

but see the links? you have to click and hold one, ‘select all’ ‘copy’

then go where you want to post it, press and hold a blank spot on the screen and then select ‘paste’

Practice here if you want , it’s your forum after all lol

ohh @grammyk

grammyK
    @grammyk

Best arena win maybe

Cool copying from the album works great thanks @kathy @sweetp.

Kathy
    @kathy

Yay!! Happy i could help @grammyk 😁 !!

grammyK
    @grammyk
    1. Cool leaf in early autumn
    2. @kathy, @sweetp, this one straight from iPad. Feel free to use me as a resource for this if any others have questions. Thanks again for help!
    3. <span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>Cool leaf early fall</span>
    Kathy
    @kathy

Beautiful @Gramnyk ! I wondered if iPad had that ‘copy link’ thing , but i didn’t know, i can do that with music on Android, wasn’t sure about pics!

@sweetp perhaps you can leave this forum open for others who might be experiencing the same questions?

grammyK
    @grammyk

And I will write up clear directions – illustrated haha @kathy, @sweetp , tomorrow!

Kathy
    @kathy

lol @grammyk Please do, my instructions are at best, basic, And most likely confusing, happy you you figured it out!

G’nite

SweetP
    @sweetp

Ah, I now see what you meant @grammyk! And thank you @kathy for stepping up and explaining the process, you’re my hero!
    @kathy, I thought we had the same instructions in our FAQ page? I’ll take a look and see if it needs updating.

Edit: I knew we had it written in the
    FAQ
    page, under the Commenting section.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@sweetp, @kathy, Now that you pointed it out I see it under “Commenting” (groan). I just looked under “Forum” sections. So now that I have figured out how to put it directly into the forum post I’m not sure if you want to advertise that. Either way a picture is stored on a server. So in my case I would put a once only pic directly in the post and a link in the post to a pic in the album that I might refer to more than once.

Anyways, thanks for the help, a few laughs, and a learning experience for the day! 😁

Kathy
    @kathy

Happy that’s all sorted @grammyk @sweetp

and happy i could help! guess it was a learning experience for all of us 😁

Home Forums General Discussions Forum How can I add a print screen to a post on iOS device

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.