Holiday Hat Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Holiday Hat Event!

• I saw this started last night for me, but I wasn’t going to pay 60 gems to play since I knew I would be paying to win the hats.

I was able to get the first three, but since I hit the 200 gem pig I decided to give up. I ended up paying over 300 gems because I received 58 gems from the game, pretty good. Not sure if I will try for any others because I hit my first pig on the second floor so we’ll see…

The first two level didnt have pay to play but it showed up after the first prize for me. I’m on level 4 and even though I received two ME spells I can’t seem to beat it. I’ll try again in a bit…

How is everyone doing?

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Replies
  • Dezsike
    @dezsike

Reached level 4 with 2 birds. Can’t seem to pass it, barely get through room 2.

Buster
    @doulgas

You’re all doing better than I. I can’t even complete the first level with only red and blue.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Got to floor 20 on the TOF, and only got the hat for Red, which I think it pretty much automatic if anyone hits Floor 5.

Tried it once, no way I see to do it with Red alone unless just major luck so I’ll wait to see if I can get some more birds.

SB311
    @sb311

I made it to level 5 and I dont’t think I can get past the first room without another bird like bomb or a spell (ME or chili) because there is one pig within the lower right hand structure that I can’t get to without using all my birds. And I still can’t pop it.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

You could get that pig with red as well, but that would require you to destroy the middle strcuture almost completely so you could hit the structure in the right angle. I agree, that this is alomst impossible with those three birds.

SB311
    @sb311

I was able to get through the first room once with no birds left and once with chuck left but the next room requires blues.

It doesn’t matter now since I picked bomb’s hat today, but I think a double feather event might be coming up so I’m waiting a couple of days to try the 5th level again.

Buster
    @doulgas

No luck getting these hats. Got zilch on 20-30-40 on TOF.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

@doulgas @aggieguy if you remember which card they were on write it down. They’re always there for you in every hat event so if you get there next time you’ll know which card to pick to not miss a hat.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@dezsike, I tried that several times, but it never worked for me! The expected hat cards turned out to be “something completely different” and hats were shuffled at every ToF run for me. I’m getting a ugly feeling that Rovio “experiments” affect more areas of the game than I previously thought.

A friend called today to tell he’s going to visit me before the end of the year. Somehow it came up that he plays AB2, too. I promised him that when he visits, I will tell him things about AB2 he does not know yet. Oh, boy… is he in for a rude wakeup or what! Already told him not to put any real money into game, no matter how small amount…

Dezsike
    @dezsike

My hats are always on the same cards since this ToF thing is added. For Red it’s on the 3rd card (from left), for Blues it’s on the 1st and for Chuck it’s on the 2nd card. The fast forward thing picked it once for Bomb but I forgot where it was. Never reached further than that.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Dang… no clear choices there. Main account had (starting from left) Red at 2 and Blue at 1, FTP account had Red at 1. Those are all I’ve gotten so far. :(

Edit: Yet another day later, no new hats.

SB311
    @sb311

Has anyone finished the holiday hat event? I finally had to pay 60 gems to get past level 5 (I didn’t want to play it anymore) and got to the last room in level 6, but had no birds left. I was contemplating paying 60 gems again just to get through it, but there is no option to pay 60 gems to continue. It seems they are forcing people to get most or all the hats in the TOF in order to finish this one. :/ And level 6 has six rooms.

I don’t see myself wasting anymore gems in the TOF going after these hats so I don’t think I will be finishing this event. :|

SB311
    @sb311

I made it to the last room of level 6 with two birds for the first time, but I had one pig stay unpopped. I thought I was finally going to beat it with my four birds but nope. Wish I would have received bomb instead of chuck as my last replenished bird card.

Buster
    @doulgas

Even with all the birds I still needed 60 gems to finish off levels 5 & 7. I could have probably kept whacking away at it but it got boring after a few tries and I just wanted to grab the loot. I’m not sure I get the rationale behind making you wait 5 minutes between attempts. Maybe they think it’s a way to keep you logged in but it has the opposite effect on me.

SB311
    @sb311

@doulgas, yeah, I usually only get 4 to 5 birds, and it is a lot cheaper to pay the 60 gems then to try and get all the hats in the TOF at least for me. It seems like they figured that out and took the option away from level 6 so you would need to keep trying and spending more gems to get more hats to get past it. :(

Buster
    @doulgas

Sure. You also have to consider what the payoff is vs what you spend to get it. I do think a lot of the fun is figuring out the best approach given available resources and I like that the scenario is the same each time you play that level so you can try different things. At some point though I find myself in f**kitville.

SB311
    @sb311

Well, it took forever, but I finally beat level 6 with my four birds. :) Definitely needed bomb and chuck as my last two birds in room 6. On to level 7.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Holiday Hat Event!

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.