Help! ABGO won't run any more :(

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Help! ABGO won't run any more :(

• Been playing ABGO for a few weeks, am in the stunt phase and suddenly today it won’t even start. I get the Rovio splash then “calculating download” for about 30 secs and then “Download failed check your internet connection and try again”. I am posting this from the same device (so internet is fine), I have disabled WiFi to force it to use data connection, I have rebooted, force-stopped the app and even cleared the cache (but not the data ad I don’t really want to have to start all over again). I was playing as guest just basic play (no multi player, no purchased items). It literally worked one minute then did this next time I went in. I am on a 2 month old HTC one mini box standard (so android) what can I do please?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • burpie
    @burpie

I’ve had the game hang on the second download message many times… The one where it wants to download crap before starting an episode. In those cases, the game would still open rocky road, and after playing a track the later episodes would open again.

I never had the game fail to pass the first test.

I suspected that my AdAway settings were getting in the way (I blacklist cloud.rovio.com) but I never bothered to investigate.

Oh wait a second… I grabbed the update from Google Play today and now the game won’t start for me either. It crashes after the first in-game update… the one where things go wrong for you, too. Um, I guess I’ll restore my TB backup and take it from there. Did you happen to update the game today, too?

I already completed the game as guest on a 2-year-old HTC One X – still running Android ICS.

FixItDik
    @fixitdik

Hi Burpie, I admit that I let apps update themselves and, yes, I think it did an update. Gosh darn it, sounds like I should cross my fingers Rovio are going to put up an update that fixes this soon as I don’t run a backup regime. Thanks for at least letting me know I’m on my own in this :)

FixItDik
    @fixitdik

D’oh, just looked at Google Play, everyone is reporting this (whew) Rovio must be working on a fix by now.

platium
    @platium

ipad air cant play!!!!

but lucky my ipad 4 is ok!!!

wrw01
    @wrw01

About 6-7 days ago I reported to Rovio the problem of not getting “Challenge” credit in the form of the “check marks” at the end of the challenge and also in the form of counting the “numbers” lets say if one has to crush another racer three times. These occurred in Rocky Road, Track 1 in two different Challenges and on two separate levels.

After they added the “Target” power up in the last update these problems started to occur. The problems may also have been at the higher levels and were realized when played.

Rovio responded yesterday and said there are some “Challenge Level” issues and will solve them in a future update.

I have also had situations were the folks pictured in the top right corner did not show up along with their scores and names. They mentioned for me to delete the game from my iPad and reload it. The cloud will restore my scores, which it did, and also the other players, which it did. But then after I logged out for the day the same situation returned the next day. Followed their advice and everything was ok until I logged off and shut down again the next day.

I have cut back on my playing time for GO until the next update arrives.

platium
    @platium

Yes they need to solve some of their impossible challenges.

Especially avoid 10 stone when there is only 8. I already use all sorts of methods. Like Hal bringing the stone down, but still won’t works.

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

I had this issue recently after the update last month – the app would not even start after the splash screen.

As I read on some iOS gaming forums though, turning on the wifi or playing with a data connection enabled seemed to fix the problem somehow.

Sir Falcon
    @flying-falcon

That is true. cannot understand why.

Jojo
    @jo369

This exact thing is happening on my sons Kindle Fire HD, has anyone founda solution yet, I have already gone so far as deleting the whole thing and starting again and it still won’t have it, I even DE-registered the Kindle and started that from scratch and it still won’t work… Grrr getting more than a little frustrated now, my son has all the telepods which of course he now can’t use!!!

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Help! ABGO won't run any more :(

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.