Happy Holidays – New Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Happy Holidays – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 235 total)
  • Replies
  • jasebree
    @jasebree

I hear you. I went Spark happy on E.G. at first. Now I plan to only promote TFs who will help unlock TFs. So for accessory comps, I’ll probably not promote anyone new.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Ohh, I just had a buzzer beater. Did a recharge with a half hour left to take 3rd, about three runs (based on my run average) ahead of 4th. With 10 minutes left, he started making a charge, so I did another recharge and kept just ahead of him. I think we both had a Unicron run since we both made a big jump. I did one final run with two minutes to go. Wouldn’t you know it, but it was a long desert run. I did most of it in driving mode only stopping to shoot gold blocks. As I entered the Astrotrain, I was frantically hitting the screen to get out of the event just as the clock on the DVR went to 7:00. I’ve compared the times and it’s barely a second ahead of the event timer. The present showed up, an I had 2nd place. I’m still shaking. Why, though, it’s just a stupid game. UUUGGHHH!!!

Today, I encountered Unicron three times and Boss Pig twice.

Phillips
    @phillips

Had Unicron twice. Haven’t seen him for he first 4 days and get him twice and they were crap levels. 1st time was a bit slow transforming Energon Grimlock into vehicle to pass a falling monolith and despite being near full health it killed me. Leaving me with Soundwave who despite being level 15 can only destroy blocks for about a third of the stage. Finished with a pre-bonus score of 1200. 2nd time there was so many falling monoliths could hardly shoot Unicron so despite having Energon Grimlock for the full level only had a pre-bonus score of 1000. Rovio Exient either need to make Unicron runs longer or get rid of all the falling monoliths. For the past month or so I am yet to defeat Unicron if I have to use vehicle mode even if it is only for a second.

Otis Nyandie
    @otis-nyandie

Am I the only one who got to know about Happy Holidays Challenge today 19 December? And I have been playing ABT on a daily basis for minimum 2 hours daily for the last 4 days, 2 months actually. Never did I get any notification to update game or a New Challenge in the News Tab. Am I the only one

coolbug
    @coolbug

I just bought the pudding hat since people have been saying it was for a lot of characters and I only seen about five of my transformers got the hat.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@elpapam So how has Wheeljack played?

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@otis-nyandie What device are you on? Supposedly Fire tablets didn’t get the update at the beginning of the event.

@20qmindreader
    Sometimes too much.

Phillips
    @phillips

@deszaras Has anyone used him as a trial character or has everyone stuck with their promoted characters?

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@deszaras lvl 8 with 10% Damage Grenade Accessory and 10% Explosive Force Rocket Launcher (shoulder accessory) Seems too bad ass same weapon style like Sunstorm same technique of open fire but with WAYYYYYYYYY more power and more rockets at the same time. Takes down WMTs just like Riccochet.

Otis Nyandie
    @otis-nyandie

@milforce2k I am on a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, i.e the latest of the Notes since Note 7 literally bombed out.

This is a UnHappy Holiday Event for me. Its not just this (no notification about live event) problem but my frustrations with this game have been growing and one of these days I wont even need a straw to be broken. The refurns after stratergising and spending so much time and sleepless hours have numerous times made me to evalhate and reevaluate why I tolerate all the game’s issues. Lately the nerfing of jewels has meant that going to the Lab is almost pointless. As noted by many why bother getting accessories if the same can not be used in live events? I could repeat many of the frustrations, game crashes regularly and at the most inconvenient ot times. I now just restart game after every 4 runs in live events, when crashes are more prevalent.

So one acquires Wheeljack a pointless new character what then? I guess logically it will be getting the outstnding nexf character. But is my time really worth these issues. With resolutions coming up in a two weeks Rovio better do some serious damage control because the frustrations are now way way too many. Afterall ABT is also in competition with so many other issues of life. Its wins must now be finally reevaluated.

Phillips
    @phillips

@otis-nyandie I didn’t know about it either. I only knew that a new update was out by reading it on here.

Otis Nyandie
    @otis-nyandie

@phillips so now you have the unenviable taskmof trying to get 7500 for Wheeljack in 6 days. That on avearge needs being in the top 3 everyday. I had a hectic time doing it last night. Only jumped from 4th to 2nd in the last 15seconds. High adrenalin of course, which I guess is what one would look for in a game. But then one remembers the frustrations and issues.

In my case live events end at GMT +2 so its not pleasant to sleep after 0200hrs everyday.

sheepybach
    @paul13

I just had the BBG and I found that his shield dropped for a few seconds and was back up. I can’t remember it this bad before??????????

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

The GEMS are back in Professor’s Lab.
    Just discovered this 21 Dec 2016 at 0:10 UTC / GMT.
    Try 3x Anger Chip. :) :)

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

RE: Professors’s Lab 3x AngerChips

However when doing RETRY apparently the first 2 retries gave coins. So that’s 5 plus 10 equals 15 gems.
    Then the next few retries give you either 10 gems, 5 AngerChips, or 1 Super Rarerium.

Other combinations can give gems at the first roll or 1 retry, i.e. Autocog AngerChip AngerChip.

Your mileage may vary
    Best of luck :)

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Oh yeah and its updated version 1.23.3.4

I really hope that Rovio / Exient has listened to our pleas and given us a better enjoyable version. In the spirit of the Holidays / Christmas.

Now THAT would be a real bonus :)

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@armourbender I would be nice to bring them back and the Accessories real power. But for now i am satisfied even that we have the gems back at the Pig Lab.

Beauregard
    @beauregard

As stated in a previous post, the more you promote a TF, the less points you receive per run. And rovio believes people will be spending more gems to get them, unreal.

ranoverray
    @ranoverray

Did you ever figure out which hats go to which characters?

Soundwave
    @soundwave

For the first time since the competitions began a year ago, I will not be getting a character. To date, I believe I have won or purchased with gems every character and accessory offered in a competition.

However, I just can’t commit to the level of play required in this new competitive structure. I’ve found that if I can’t commit to playing every possible recharge interval, plus some gem recharges, plus close out the day playing during the final 15 minutes, then I may as well not play at all on that given day.

I frequently end up in 1st place for a lot of the day, then life happens and I miss playing for a few hours, then I end the day in less than 15th place. The end result is that I pretty well wasted all the time I invested during the start of the day, because in the end I just ended up at the 100 token level anyway.

This may not happen EVERY day, but it happens ENOUGH days that I just haven’t bothered picking up my phone to play this time around.

Phillips
    @phillips

@otis-nyandie I have been playing since the start of the event. I was just saying the only reason I knew about the update was reading it on here. Didn’t receive any notification from Rovio/Exient that a new update was coming out/available and would be required for the new event.

Phillips
    @phillips

@soundwave from the start of the event you only needed to average 625 a day I’ve found it quite easy. That is on a low level commitment of play. Can’t play every hour of every day so pay for a few recharges a day (max 3 most days only been 2) and have made the 100 token level (550 for the day) plus the lowest possible reward from the leaderboard is 100 so that is 650. Plus there are tokens in the daily quests. Today was the first day I failed to reach the 100 token level but the past few days just by reaching the 100 token level has had me finish top 5.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

@phillips Thanks for the info. But averaging 650 every single day, when I have to really duke it out to get above 100 tokens from the competition, takes a lot of time with no room for error. I just haven’t had that luxury this time around.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@soundwave I’m not bothering with getting him either. I’m tired of event after event; especially with the state the game is going. Some of the characters they’ve put out have been great like Richocet. I was surprised how much I like Ratchet too. That being said, I loved Acidstorm and Sunstorm but when their powers or accessories get nerfed, I really think about what a waste of time it was to get them. It reminds me of my days of frustration with MMORPGs when I’d have put all this time playing and they redo certain things that require you to relearn how to play the class or when they get nerfed so bad it’s not worth playing anymore. At least with those games, they added new areas and content regularly.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I just love how we had a story about unlocking Transformers frozen by the egg bots in the beginning. But now, they have abandoned the story in favor of random events. One half of the island will forever be locked under clouds.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Happy Holidays – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 235 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.