Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 396 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@partshade @Mistychristie — Any suggestions about which birds to use for Desert Pig’s Castle or Star Reef Castle.
    I’m now level 33, which is not an advantage for Desert Pig’s Castle — Couldn’t get through it on autoplay, because my birds were too strong. Only Matilda could attack Prince Porky. Will have to equip them with weaker gear.
    Star Reef Castle. It sometimes works on autoplay, but not always.
    So far Desert Pig’s Castle seems to give ~80 snoutlings
    Star Reef Castle gives ~120 (without a wealthy rogue even).
    King Pig’s Castle now gives ~40 — Pathetic

Anonymous

@mvnla2 For Star Reef Castle I would recommend Druid, Tricksters, ( For Wizpig’s attack increase ) and Samurai for defense. For Desert Pig Castle you should do Druid, Skulkers ( If you don’t have it do Rogues ) and Samurai ( If it’s too powerful do Bomb’s Cannonear ) You can also substitute any bird for Rainbird.

Anonymous

If you have ALL the set items then you should use different birds. If you do have them use Wizard ( Twin Lightning ) Tricksters ( Beep Attack ) and Druid ( Sweet or Perfect Balance ) for BOTH castles.

MistyMissChristie
    @mistychristie

@mvnla2 … I like including players on my team that can either hit with low points or has a rebound feature to cause Prince Porky damage after he attacks. Then I make sure I have someone who can heal (or helps to heal) the damage Prince Porky inflicts.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Playing Bottomless Pit today with McCool. In the 4th wave there is a level 33 Cave Shaman who heals for 1141 every 2 turns. It appears that you might not be able to clear this level on autoplay with McCool, which means you can get >>100 snoutlings. Oops, McCool just bit the dust.
    Hmm.. Second attempt only got to ~85 snoutlings. Didn’t notice if the Cave Shaman was there; got through to the last wave. I think the difference is that the first time I lost bomb before the 4th wave. May want to use less than your most powerful birds. I am using Princess with sweet, Sea Dog with rock, paper, scissors, and Mc Cool.

greatleo
    @greatleo

Hi @mvnla2 (we’re friends here and on Facebook). I just started a new topic that relates to Bottomless Cave and to racking up snoutlings: “Lightning + Sea Dog + Skulkers = Max Power”. This could solve your problem if you have a FB friend with one of the 3 birds. With luck, I might even be one of them.

I’ll quote my article, to save you the trouble of going there:

“I have been using the combination of Lightning + Sea Dog + Skulkers for a few weeks now, and have found it extremely useful against strong single opponents. I’ve also used it to blast through the Bottomless Cave without taking any damage.

‘When Sea Dog is Ganged Up, if you use Skulkers’ Tricksy Trick on him, the first hit is 35%, but the second hit is full power.

“Against a single opponent, first hit it with Skulkers to get the 30% damage multiplier. In the Bottomless Cave, apply Tricksy Trick on Skulkers so both pigs have the multiplier.

“If you have the Golden Chili, use it on Lightning. You’ll get 2 hits with Lightning, 1 hit with Skulkers (a good amount of damage), and 3 hits with Sea Dog.

“Then, on the next turn, using Lightning’s Lightning Fast and Skulkers’ Tricksy Trick, you can get 5 full power hits with Sea Dog, plus 1 35% hit. That’s a devastating amount of damage. Over 2 turns, it’s much more powerful than Wizard + Pirate + Skulkers.

When dealing with pigs that charge up for 3 turns, if you have a spare turn where you won’t take damage, make sure Sea Dog stays Ganged Up.

I’ve also used this combination on Wave Pool to knock out Spirit Caller 7 or 8 times in 10 waves. When you have the rested bonus, it’s a good way to level up your birds in a hurry. You also get around 160 snoutlings. If your spin gets the treasure chest, you get two Greater Vials, needed for Pig Cherry Juice.”

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@greatleo — Actually, I’m not trying to beat the daily dungeon so much as use Piggy McCool to extract the maximum number of snoutlings. But I’m sure many people will find your advice useful. I don’t even have Skulkers myself, maybe should try borrowing a few times, since I don’t really know how to use them.

greatleo
    @greatleo

@mvnla2 Skulkers are very useful. With Matilda Druid, drag Skulkers onto her and she’ll attack a random enemy, but all of them get affected by Thorny Vines. This works well in the Bamboo Forest with all the ninjas.

In fact, if you use Skulkers with McCool, it’s as if he hits all enemies at once, so you’ll get even more snoutlings.

Sunnysal
    @sunnysal

Volcano Cliff has a rogué spawn almost every two runs for me. I can do 500 snoutlings an hour since i kill each wave
    with two hits on the average. Try it you will like it. T

Sunnysal
    @sunnysal

Just for the heck of it, I went to volcano cliff and racked up 500 snoutlings between posts, 30 minutes Nuf said. T

Tman
    @tman

Besides the daily dungeon, I play the Desert Pig Castle 1-2 times a day. Porky gives you 100, and you’ll earn some throughout the waves. Paladin, rain bird and Matilda with thorny vine works well. The second wave has a cactus pig that ignores damage below a certain amount, so you need a heavy hitter. With the golden chilli I wait to use it until the second wave and give the cactus a raged hit.

Anonymous

@tman its not just Desert Pig Castle its also Star Reef Castle. Use Tricksters Druid and Paladin.

Tasslehoff
    @tasslehoff

Looks like Western Cobal Plateaus changed. There is 4 pigs, 2 big one gives 7 snoutlings not worth it.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

Star Reef Castle still gives out 100 after the latest update. I use Paladin,Wizard,and Trickster (personal preference).

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Sunken pyramid is an almost perfect place to rack up snoutlings on a lazy Sunday. At least if you want to read the Sunday paper, have a leisurely brunch, do a few chores, etc. Just got over 600 snoutlings playing the dungeon on auto-play with McCool, master Paladin (7), and elite cleric (5). Nearly gave me a heart attack when I looked at it ~2 hrs after it had started, and Epic had crashed. I did get the snoutlings, but can’t use McCool again for 10 hrs (~12 hrs from when I started).
    There was some strange behavior before the crash also. A little before the crash, when I looked at screen, auto-play seemed to be off, and took several taps to turn back on.
    You may want to pay a little more attention, and maybe stop at 500 snoutlings and restart with McCool.

Pinkenstein
    @pinkenstein

@mvnla2 I have skulkers after reading here – they’re a very useful attack. Incidentally if you use the Skulkers on themselves in the first round all the pigs take more damage. I tend to do that even before autoplaying through a dungeon.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Pinkenstein Thanks for the tip, but I don’t have skulkers, and my objective is to use McCool to increase the number of coins I collect, so I can’t borrow yours.
    Do you know how many coins you get / time. If you pretty much are guaranteed to lose, you can keep replaying, but if you win, that’s it for the week, and in a single round McCool will have collected more snoutlings.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

The Ghost Ship dungeon is also a good place to rack up snoutlings on auto-play with McCool. So far have >150 snoutlings and it seems unlikely that I will finish the first wave, but my team doesn’t seem to be dying.
    BTW — I got 42 mastery points each for my Paladin and Princess when I played to win with a borrowed Sea Dog.

gamersayshi
    @gamersaysh1

i found an afk way to gain snoutlings and made a youtube video

Rhino
    @rhinofreak

well your post would be meaningful only if you post the link to the video, duh.

greatleo
    @greatleo

@mvnla2 Wow! Thanks for your two suggestions; Star Reef Castle and now Sunken Pyramid. Picking a team that neither wins nor loses is a brilliant idea. I’ve racked up thousands of snoutlings over several weeks with Star Reef. Now with Sunken Reef, I don’t have to spend a lot of time restarting the level. There must be a cave somewhere that has lots of Mummies like Sunken Pyramid, with the advantage that you don’t have to wait until Sunday to play.

The only additional suggestion I can make for Sunken Reef is that if you have the Pickpocket set pair for your Bomb bird, use them instead of Paladin to rack up even more snoutlings. My trio of Cleric, Cannoneer and McCool have been stuck in Wave 1 for over an hour now.

Again, thanks

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Another method to rack up snoutlings fast but is boring is to use Old Nesting Barrows 4 and kill the Spirit Sword repeatedly using the golden chili on Red and restart before you get to the wheel spin. You get about 5 snoutlings for each kill and can kill him 6 times/minute when you don’t have to watch advertising so I’ll say you can average 1500/hr with the advertising.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Anyone know of a cave with lots of mummies / undead as @greatleo suggested?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@greatleo — Cave 6 has lots of undead. Right now I am playing Cave 6 Level 9, which for me has 4 undead in the first wave. So far it’s going pretty well on auto-play with McCool. Not sure you get much if any mastery though. Wouldn’t it be great if you got a lot of mastery along with the snoutlings? Caves 2, 3, & 5 have a mix of dead and undead, but haven’t tried them for farming yet. Haven’t looked at the last few caves either. Not sure that opponents in videos are the same as current opponents.
    Played Cave 6-9 for a couple of hours on auto-play with McCool and got >600 snoutlings, but zero mastery. Not sure 6-9 is the best level, I think the undead may be a little to strong, so McCool spends a lot of his time healing instead of collecting snoutlings. But at least you can play it as much as you want any day of the week, as long as you don’t intersperse battles with any other activity.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.