Game progress

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Game progress

• I have started maybe 3-4 weeks ago. I noticed that the level of my enemies have been linked to my experience level, so resisted the urge to farm the resources to build each new item as I progressed. That being said I have played through as far as I can it seems. I have reached magic shield-1 but I’m at lvl 30 so regardless of the team I assemble, I either get 1 or 2 shot by the boss. I have read that this is an issue concerning the game. Basically, the mastery of my bird should play a higher part, but doesn’t. Fortunately, I have the dojo open but I don’t see how I would fund it without also raisingredients my lvl and therefore the enemy lvl. Any suggestions? Should I focus, on one team to defeat the rest of the world? Is there a was to farm snoutling without raising experience?

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

Farming Cobalt Pig Castle will provide a good snoutling and mastery reward without paying out very many experience points to help you to re-balance your flock.

Just to confirm, your team is at experience level 30? What is the mastery for your different headgear?

Prior experience has been that if you can keep the mastery of your birds between about 40% and 50% of your experience level, you should be able to effectively compete with difficult opponents. I have not had a chance to test this theory out with Version 2.0 though.

nickname
    @zaqxsw

magic shield 1-5 is pretty easy with treasure hunter and the yellow one who has support ability to let other bird attack one more time
    in case you dont get th yet, just grind A LOT of chilis and stun pig every single turn with blue bird

Timothy Fallesen
    @timothy-fallesen

@Burman @zaqxsw my mastery is as follows;
    RED knight L1, Guardian L6, Samurai L11, Paladin L8
    CHUCK Mage L2, Lightning Bird L4, Ranbird L9
    MATILDA Cleric L9, Druid L12, Princess L9
    BOMB Pirate L1, Cannoneer L8, Capt’n L2
    BLUES Tricksters L5, Rogues L9, Spies L5

So farm castle for snoutling and buy chili cakes to knock out the boss each round?

Side question, I’ve avoided dungeons to this point avoiding experience, bUT do the dungeons lock in at the lvl you defeat them like the standard boards? If that’s the case I should be trying to defeat them now before they get harder as well…

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@timothy-fallesen I believe the dungeons stay at the level you found them until you beat them for the first time.I’m not sure if its changed now as it was a long time ago when I beat the dungeons for the first time

burbman
    @burbman

Wow! You need mastery, and a lot of it! Farm the castle for both mastery and snoutlings before you progress any farther. Those strong levels drop a lot of experience and will put you even farther behind.

Dungeons scale with the level of your birds, so there is no reason to play them sooner rather than later.

nickname
    @zaqxsw

you are so behind there is no reason to farming mastery tbf
    i was 40+lvl with <10 mastery and what i did was saving lc and getting 70 ASAP(since then you will only get better and better compare to pigs+you can use lc every month the 18th). just get as many 60+lvl friends as possible and grind chornicles caves/daily dungeons using those high lvl birds. the solution might not be pretty but the mastery system is so messy its kinda digsusting
    also most importnant thing, get golden chili- it is REALLY helpful

Timothy Fallesen
    @timothy-fallesen

What I don’t understand is that All I did is play through. I was trying to avoid experience from grind materials. But I still found myself unbalanced.

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

Yes, I don’t understand the Mastery balance thing either, and I don’t think Rovio gets it. The only way to get Mastery is Dojo (expensive), Events (occasional), or just fighting which will cause you to level.

My team is max level (70). All I do these days is grind Mouth Pool over and over and over to gain mastery and snoutlings. Every time I log in, I go to the Dojo and literally buy every mastery that costs snoutlings. I have been doing this for a couple of months and still my Mastery levels are only as follows:

RED: Knight(31), Guardian(28), Samurai(29), Avenger(28), Elite Paladin(36)
    CHUCK: Elite Mage(29), Lightning(31), Rain(32), Wizard(32), Thunder(30), Illusion(31)
    MATILDA: Cleric(28), Druid(32), Princess(36), Priestess(28), Bard(30), Witch(28)
    BOMB: Pirate(30), Cannon(27), Berserk(29), Captn(33), Sea Dog(25), Frost(24)
    BLUES: Trick(35), Elite Rogue(35), Marksmen(32), Spies(36), Treasure(21)

There is nothing more I can do short of playing 24/7. I already spent far too many hours a day as it is. Now, don’t get me wrong, I win almost every battle I fight and I have cleared every level of everything – including all Chronicle Caves. There is nothing left for me to do but gain Mastery and Snoutlings, and to try to get set items and Elites.

In other words, I am not UNDERPOWERED for what I fight, since I nearly always win. My point is that all I do is grind and grind and grind and grind masteries and still they do not seem very high! It just takes forever, compared to how important masteries are to winning battles!

burbman
    @burbman

The mastery imbalance appears to have been improved with 2.0. Mastery required to upgrade at the lower levels is much less than it was under version 1.5.7. Unfortunately, the only device I have low mastery on and version 2.0 is now not strong enough to play the game without crashing every minute or so, so I am unable to test how much these changes may affect game play.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@e5c4p3artist It might go faster for you to grind mastery in the caves. CC 4-5 is particularly effective, in my opinion, for mastery per minute on autoplay. It’s also not terrible for snoutlings since you get the merchant pigs every so often. If your birds can’t deal with 4-5, try 1-5. It’s not as good, but it’s not terrible, and will clear faster than Snout Pool so your mastery per minute will be higher.

It takes forever to level up everything. My strategy is to pick the classes I use most and level them up all the way. That way there is tangible progress even when there is a long way to go on all of them. Plus you have some high mastery/level birds to use for events and so forth.

Timothy Fallesen
    @timothy-fallesen

Do the cave levels lock in once you defeat them?

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

@jamairoqui – Thanks for the tip on CC 4-5. The level is very is easy for me to beat even with only two of my own birds. It seems to give more mastery points with a 5 wave battle (around 90) than Mouth Pool does with a 10 wave battle (around 70). It does not put nearly as many Snoutlings in my purse, but for grinding Mastery it is definitely superior. Thanks!

Timothy Fallesen
    @timothy-fallesen

Where is my best resource to learn stuff about the game as it is now? The Google searches I’ve been doing and the search engine here on the forum seem to be pointing me to info something 2 years old…

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 I miss your mastery thread… :-(

Mastery_March_6_2017.jpg

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    Congrats mate!

BTW the Mastery topic is back up again. There was a problem which had to be fixed.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@angryde

Many congrats from me too.

Joey
    @joeyba

Does anyone know how many ranks is :
    – Pompous Pig Cherry Juice?
    – Delicious Fruit Cake?

angryde
    @angryde

@joeyba

Pompous Pig Cherry Juice Rank 5 – Heals for +5175
    Delicious Fruit Cake Rank 4 – All Birds Heal for +3000
    Infernal Veggie Cake – Rage Chili Filled by +90%

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

not sure if, aside from dojo, events or Caves, tournament classified matches give mastery or not

thanks
    maxx

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Game progress

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.