Game freezes right before Battle

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Game freezes right before Battle

• Really getting tired of game freezes right before a battle. In the arena you get a loss for a battle you never even get to fight. In the events you loose stamina on a battle you never get to fight. This has been going on for months. Rovio blames it on the game engine needing an update. But they do nothing to give you back the stamina or credit for battle losses.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • firedragon
    @mingkee27

I think the game isn’t that Lollipop friendly. The frequent freezing makes the game nearly unplayable.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

It happens on iOS too, although maybe less often. Those freezes are caused by the in game ads, so they won’t be quick to fix it. They’d rather the players be upset than the advertisers.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Not exactly true.

Rovio have a FAQ about ads on their site which states that they are gotten from a third party so Rovio have very little control over what ads shows up in the games. They do take ads that breaks the games very seriously and are usually quick in blacklisting the ads that creates freezes, however they must be informed about exactly what the ads are since there are severel thousands of them and they are distributed by region (as in a player in the US does not get the same ads as a player in France).

To make a long story short; if an ad breaks the game, report it to Rovio through their support and it will usually be gone from the game within 48 hours.

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

There will always be bad Ads. Rovio needs to stop putting them right before a battle or make the game smart enough to know that these game frezzes should not cause any loss for the player. I have missed out on meeting dailey objectives and moving up to the next level in the leagues because of them. Right now I have two game freeze caused losses one more and I could miss out again on moving up a level in the leagues. This is unaccecptable no matter what the root cause is.

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

Just got my third game freeze with 7.5 hours to go. I am in third place and only 500 points ahead of the fourth place player. If he grinds out enough points I am screwed again. This will be the last time I play the Arena until Rovio fixes this crap.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@cosmicdebris I know that many people don’t want to spend money on this game. It is after all a free game. However, a number of us have found that purchasing the smallest amount of LCs (pouch of lucky coins) has removed the ads.

I had the same problem as you, with the freezes after ads causing me 3 losses in a day and preventing me from continuing to play in the arena. I find it is great to be free of the ads. And if you want to justify it to yourself, this game is free and to pay an extra $1.20 to have an ad free version of the game is a bargain.

I have not had the game freeze inside or outside of the arena since removing the ads.

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

@kerravon What platform are you playing on? I am on IOS and see no mention anywhere that ads will be removed by doing as you say?

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@cosmicdebris Have a look at the thread “Forced ads before battles” on this page. I was skeptical 3-4 months ago, and also asked where it was written. I wish I had continued to try to get rid of the ads then. I am also on iOS.

I can’t guarantee this will work. You might even have to try a second time.

I purchased the smallest amount of LCs 4 months ago and it did not work. But I purchased another small amount of LCs last week and it did work – I was getting tired of the arena freezes and burbman mentioned this trick again. I also purchased the smallest amount for my secondary game last week (level 18) and it also worked. @m-ich also tried a couple of days ago and also had success – I not sure what platform.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

My case may be unique for Lollipop with Asus tablet.
    When I fight the gold pig, if the gold pig isn’t defeated on the first round, the game freezes. Moreover, the game also freezes when playing Star Reef Castle.

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

@kerravon So Took a chance and it worked no more ads spent 99 cents. thanks

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@cosmicdebris It is certainly a worthwhile investment. I am glad I could help you out.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Game freezes right before Battle

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.