"Epic Matching?"

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum "Epic Matching?"

• Well… you see, there’s a problem when I play Epic PVP. The game keeps putting me with people much more powerful, for here’s an example:
    1. Banner Health (me): 7999 Birds: Bard, 1090, Samurai, 1500, Spies 997
    2. Banner Health (other person): 10800 Birds: SeaDog, 1800, Paladin 2,480, Bard, 1,600
    What?! How?
    My league: Iron
    Their league:Diamond
    Result: LOSE!
    Is that supposed to be normal?
    And when I put up my best classes for my birds to fight, they somehow STILL get defeated!
    Can you please tell me why they match like this and some good bird combos?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • Red7827
    @gulgor0

@badpiggies16 Same here, I can’t even get a single victory, because all of the birds I face are like three levels stronger than mines!

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

If you want higher chance to win, get the Golden Chilli first. It really helps a lot!

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

The best place to look for tips for playing in the arena is in the Epic Master Tips thread. There is a section under the heading “arena” with links to some useful threads.

I will however let you know what you can do if you are given a difficult opponent. You can go back to the arena nest, click on Piggy McCool on the totem pole and start a fight with his arena bird team. As soon as the coin flip is completed, stop the battle and go back to the arena nest. You will have a new arena opponent.

TooWeirdPerson
    @badpiggies162

Thanks!

Red7827
    @gulgor0

None of the tips are really helpful…
    1. It doesn’t matter if I have Golden Chili or not. My all birds are Level 5, and everytime I face birds with Level 8 or higher. My attacks are not even good to kill any bird, regardless of Chili!
    2. The Piggy McCool skip trick doesn’t really work either. Sure, you can avoid a battle with Level 8 birds, but then the game finds you another battle but this time with Level 9 birds, and then the cycle repeats…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Then the solution is simple: Farm snouts to buy mastery. How hard is that? :D

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@gulgor0

The more experienced epic players have their bird teams at exp level 45, with mastery ranks of 9 or 10 for each bird class. Many also achieved mastery ranks of 9 or 10 when the experience level cap was 41.

The best combination for playing in the arena is a low exp level and a high mastery rank. Players who have started playing EPIC more recently can get their birds experience level up to a high level without having appropriate mastery ranks. e.g. exp level 41 with mastery 6-7, or exp level of 35 with mastery ranks of 5-6.

It sounds like your birds have a high experience level, but low mastery ranks.

Another thing that assists with competing in the arena is having up to date set weapons and offhand items.

Golden Piggie
    @goldenpig

I must spend too much snouts on mastery cause im level 22 and my highest birds are rank 6-5, my priestess is rank 3, marksmen 2, avenger 2, other non lc matilda classes are at rank 6, first three for red are at 6, paladin is at 5, wizard rank 5, other chuck classes are at 6, pirate is 6, all others 5, spies 5, all others 6.

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

Well I only have the mastery 4 (with only 1 mastery 5) at lvl 23.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

How is that possible? D:
    I’m at Level 35, and most of my birds are now still Level 5 and some are even 4!

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

My arena team is level 21 with mastery ranks of 7 and 8.

I also have a level 45 team, with mastery ranks of 10 for all classes. But I only used this team in the first arena season. Playing with my level 21 team was much more fun.

My level 21 team has pretty much only been used in the arena. I have slowly worked it up from level 12 to 21. I have only reached the start of the first cave. The most important part of the island to open up was the Mighty Eagles Training Dojo. I basically just compete in the arena and use the snoutling prizes from arena battles and from the leaderboard for buying mastery. I also carefully control my effort in the special events. I try to get as high as I can on event leaderboards without gaining too much experience. This can mean I just aim for a position to gain 2 stars.

There are quite a few players who have done this. I have seen quite a few teams with mastery 6, 7 and 8 at my level. There are also a few players who have paid money to get their bird classes up to mastery 10. So exp levels from 17 to 25, with mastery ranks of 10. Many of these have also gained access to the lucky coin classes Sea Dog and Skulkers. So most likely they have spent real world money.

Golden Piggie
    @goldenpig

@thisepicplayer, @gulgor0, well, i farm for snouts and do ME’s dojo alot! also plays events

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum "Epic Matching?"

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.