End of week surge

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum End of week surge

• So here we go again, final hours and players start moving. It is like people sort of settle into certain spots, but stay close to those in higher spots. Then in the final hours they start playing like mad. Anybody else see this kind of behavior?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Barely clawed back into 5th place at the last minute. So close.

Here we go again for a new week. Think I am going to lay low and stay out of the bottom three and see what happens.

Mancala Parakin
    @mancala-parakin

Sounds like instincts to me. I saw it and, sadly, fell for it. Today at 4:59 Pacific time I was in first with 1,507 points, whilst Dodgy (formerly Igor, spelt Игорь) was in second with 1,456. At 5, the tournament ended with Dodgy in first with 1,528. How is it possible to score 72 stars within a minute? Maybe Rovio “froze” his score to trick me into believing that I would finish in first place.

Soren Hecht
    @sorenhecht

It’s just more fun this way. Smth like “I’m gonna crash this party”. Never saw it doing by the others but done myself (and read on forum about playing out all spared tickets at the end). Last week I climbed from the 9th place to the first in the last day just to lose in the last hour to another competitive diamond player by couple of stars.

Anonymous

How is it possible to score 72 stars within a minute?

Play across 2 devices and don’t sync the score until the final minute. When playing across 2 devices it seems to only sync upon reloading of the game you scored the points on…..so don’t reload until the final minutes. FYI That also includes not returning to the main map.

To verify that you could try logging in with a second device, and notice that the score has not carried across to the arena unless you reloaded the game on the device you scored 72 points on.

snappy
    @snap

Yes. Same thing every week. I tried to do the same but find less time to play on Saturday than any other day of the week. So it works better for me to just build up a lead to deter the next guy from overtaking. Works some days. Other days, kudos to the ones overtaking fairly.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@snap That is assuming you can build up your lead enough against those wallet warrior ticket spammers.

By beginning of the week I usually decide where I want to stay. Enough to get few black pearls? Can I keep up with those who seems to gain hundreds of stars when I slept. Or just try to get to the bottom and go with a lower league.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello flingers!

We have recently become aware of a slight issue with how data is uploaded to our servers. You will actually only upload your star count for the leaderboards when you leave the Nest -screen. So if you play multiple Arena runs in a row and stack up on stars, you will upload them all at once. This is not optimal and will lead to confusion, like mentioned, when a player climbs faster in the leaderboard than anticipated.

We are investigating if we have time to fix this for the next update.

P.S You don’t have to worry about your scores not being uploaded unless you leave the Nest -screen in the last minute of a tournament, your saved local scores will be included when determining your place in the league.

/Hank

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@hank Any chance to bring back the leaderboard shuffles? It used to be there early in the summer.

It is the best way IMO to solve many of the arena inequalities complaints we have. These mid-seek onward shuffles used to group players of similar star counts together and make the competitions meaningful again.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Thanks for the update, Mr. Hank. Question, by leaving the nest do you mean returning to the map or do we need to exit the app?

Edit: Well, now I guess I am going to have to play a bit more than I planned this week because I can’t trust the scores I am seeing.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

@hubert-lo

Could you explain more in detail what you mean? What was your experience from it?

@captstern

Like you first mentioned, leaving the nest and entering the map.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@hank

Leaderboard shuffles

– This features used to be in the Arena until about beginning of August.
    – The 1st shuffle usually happens on the Wednesday, about 3.5 days before the end.
    – The behavior of the shuffle tends to group players of similar stars count together into the same arena. That means if I am at #5 with 300 stars and the players above me are at least 200 stars or more than what I have; after the shuffle (it seems to just happen when I go into the arena) I will be in an arena where the top 10 are usually have similar stars counts as me.
    – There are usually 2 shuffles each day in Thursday to Saturday to balance out the Leaderboard.
    – Because I am competitive again, it makes more sense for me to use gems to buy tickets for the realistic chance to win the tournament or stay in top 3.

My experience
    – Essentially it makes the playing worthwhile again because I have reasonable chances to get somewhere.
    – Currently if I am behind by 100+ stars below the last player that will get rewards there is almost no incentive to catch up. I probably need 15 wins to catch up since getting 9 or 10 stars are very rare unless I want to use spells.
    – The awards below rank 5 is so meager that I can get more by playing daily challenge and gifts. Without the shuffle I just give up comes Monday (mid week the latest), just play once every 3 hrs to continue the win streak and get the free tickets.
    – If you know what “leaderboard shuffle” is officially called at Rovio, please bring it back.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum End of week surge

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.