enchant shards

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum enchant shards

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 70 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

@grimmjow I know, any unenchanted item or items acquired after update gives shards.

Jake
    @bjacob1

Does anyone else feel buying yourself higher levels with tons of real money is really good for the game? In arena battles, I scroll through lots and lots of players that have beefed up their bird’s stats so high with money and enchantment shards that no one can compete fairly. Angry Birds Epic will never be the same, only the rich can compete.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

I do not sincerely think that it is about a real PvP.
    The opponents are generated by computer and it assigns it at random a photo Facebook.

All this to persuade you that a real person really has to spend some money to have a high-powered team, also inciting you thus to spend on making level you.

And opposite it is similar, it is your photo which serves to persuade that you possess a high-powered team (while you spent nothing).

Beautiful manipulation.

Anonymous

Rainbow Shell is the most powerful ingredient! With only 50 rainbow shells you can make already 4-5 ranks!

auressaion
    @auressaion

@donewithpigs: “only 50 rainbow shells” ?!
    I think I did not used much of this resource, and I have only 19 of them. Sure I did not grind for those either, as it is the rarest resource and item-crafting resources are fairly useless when you have set items anyways.

… after some Rainbow Shell crafting (from Corals), it appears that the first 5 grades (on a level 52 set item) are worth 75 Shells. To achieve the same result with Seastars costs 186 of those (and 1086 total to get the whole +10 grades). For those who grinded Star Reef Castle (don’t look at me… uh, well, ok, I did it), it could be the most convenient resource to enchant items. Well, aside from the rarity of Enchantment Shards, that is.

@grimmjow
    : Never occured to me that Arena could work that way. I see plenty of 10 to 12 mastery level birds. Rarely I run into a level 1 Red with the starting gear, all alone – e.g. the bird of someone who left the game early. Thinking to it, I almost never encounter mastery 2 to 8 birds. Until then I was thinking that this was the result of the match-making algorithm (occasionnally suffering a hiccup ;) ) and that the birds selected for the fight were the ones that their owner last selected, included their gear.
    But your theory might be correct as well, cannot tell. :)

Anonymous

Yes and with 200-300 you can make max enchant lvl.

auressaion
    @auressaion

@donewithpigs @all: Same is true for Metal Bar and Squarewood, actually – they all have the same “enchanting power” :)

About this “enchanting power”, there is a simple relationship between resources actually :
    – Floatsam, Wood, Seashell, Stone have the lowest “power”. Level 1 is 25 of those, Level 2 is 70, L3 140, L4 250, L5 465, L6 865, L7 1290, L8 1740, L9 2215, L10 2715. (figures are cumulated totals to go from level 0 to level N, not the number of resource needed to go from level N to level N+1).
    – Cobalt Stone, Limestone, Seastar, Corals, Fossil, Ore, Slingshot Twig, Paper and Bamboo have middle “enchanting power”: you need 2.5x less of those as compared to Tier 1 resources.
    – Squarewood, Metal Bar and Rainbow Shells have the highest power: you need 6.25x (2.5² :D ) less of those as compared to Tier 1 resources.

Anonymous

Correct @aurresaion, loatsam, Wood, Seashell, Stone have the lowest “power” cause they are basic resources, Cobalt Stone, Limestone, Seastar, Corals, Fossil, Ore, Slingshot Twig, Paper and Bamboo have middle “enchanting power” cause they’re advanced resources, Squarewood, Metal Bar and Rainbow Shells have the highest power cause they’re high end resources

Note: Rainbow Shells fills a lot faster than Squarewood and Metal Bar.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I think it is real PVP. The ABN opponent’s I’ve seen in Arena (Angryde, Kea, burbman) correspond to what they say on the board.

auressaion
    @auressaion

Doh? You met in the Arena some people from here, for real? Amazing! :)

Anonymous

Cool!!

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

They all are real teams (except for some automatically generated to avoid not being able to face someone in certain hours) but they’re ALL used by the CPU, that’s why sometimes they make some dumb moves allowing you to win.

So yes, technically speaking it can be called PvP, but you’re actually facing CPU controlled teams.

It’s been like this since the start (Season 1) they just have been improving the way the CPU reacts to your own moves (not by much to be honest)
    I rarely get wiped out and my team is mostly birds with 10/11 mastery, I only get screwed if the enemy procs 2 o 3 Time Jumps in a row, otherwise it’s only a matter of who grinds the most points by the end of the week.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

OK, so for the time being, getting shards requires LC (and a lot). You get 1 per scrapped arena set item. Is there any other way to get them?

Pointless
    @pointless

@mvnla2 you actually get them from any set item now. And they have been added to the daily calender rewards. There is also mention of shards being awarded from the arena wheel, but I guess we’ll have to wait a few hours to find out.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Even the old set items?

Atom
    @atom

There will be an update later this month that will change it so old set items will scrap for enchantment shards. Currently old set items still scrap for friendship essence.

Anonymous

Now you can get enchantment shards from the sets. Now the enchantment shards are dropped depending on the set item’s enchantment level, for example: At max enchant level 10 it gives you 17 shards.

Pointless
    @pointless

Sorry, unclear on my part. Set items obtained prior to the update on the GPM still give FE when scrapped, but GPM set items obtained post update do give shards, do they not? I seem to remember this but don’t have one to scrap at the moment to test.

Anonymous

@pointless Correct. Any newly obtained set items since the update will scrap for shards. Sets obtained before the update still gives FE which will supposedly change next update.

Fluffy
    @fluffyjesus

Just to clarify then. Will FE now be exclusive to Piggy McCool, FB friends and the calendar?

If so, then that would be rather difficult to work with.

Pointless
    @pointless

@fluffyjesus how many set items were you scrapping for FE that this might be a problem?
    Seriously though, FE has always been primarily earned from FB friends…5 a day.
    Of course, adding a new resource such as the Shards will definitley make others scarcer from the different sources (assuming these shards actually do become available in the other ways as hinted)

Fluffy
    @fluffyjesus

@pointless
    a sizable portion of the ABE players do not play with FB friends. I, for one cannot be bothered to add strange players to my personal FB.

If I make a throwaway for ABE, it’s likely that I would have to verify it with my irl identity as I travel to another country a few times a year for study, and FB would flag the account for strange login behaviour.

Edit: spelling

Pointless
    @pointless

@fluffyjesus then I see your dilemma. You must be treating those little purple hearts like gold. I know many people choose to play with no FB friends and I guess this represents another challenge, along with the cave/dungeon/gate levels. A personal choice, however. It is called Friendship Essence after all

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@fluffyjesus You may still get FE from the chest in the cave randomly.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

The number of shards available from the calendar is pathetic, considering how many you need to do anything. Not clear if shards are that necessary unless you play the arena, and I’ve stopped playing that anyway. One could ask why I keep playing Epic at all. I seriously wonder myself.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum enchant shards

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.