Facebook Friends for Angry Birds 2

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Facebook Friends for Angry Birds 2

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 164 total)
  • Replies
  • SweetP
    @sweetp

Thanks @mvnla2 for helping answer @waimea’s questions. Been busy at a seminar and didn’t have access to the Nest.

I am currently on level 102, and it’s been a bit of a struggle to get 3*. I did send a gift to both you and @gelfling, but I don’t think you received it. I will have to try again when I get back to AB2 sometime today.

I’ll be done with this seminar at 10:00, so hopefully I can figure out why I can’t send anyone gifts!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@SweetP — I got another FB friends request from you today and accepted it, but I don’t see you on level 102, or anywhere close. Will send you a new friends request also. Maybe we both need to delete each other as FB friends and start over with the requests. I might have accepted you before I could sign in to FB???

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@SweetP — You are on my FB friends list in FB, so I can’t invite you from FB again. Will try from AB 2.

SweetP
    @sweetp

Thanks for accepting my request. I don’t think you need to do anything else right now. I can’t connect to FB from AB2, but strangely from AB Pop…
    I’m now in level 110 if that helps?

waimea
    @waimea

@mvnla2, @sweetp Thanks guys for all the help and encouragement. But after spending the better part of 2 weeks trying to get this facebook friends/present sending/page leaderboard scores sorted INSTEAD of flinging and enjoying ourselves (actually driving each other to maddening frustration..lol) we have solved the problem. We have now deleted our facebook accounts and since we only compete with each other, presents are not a problem if neither is getting any and we can use the nest leaderboard for our scores! Now, finally, we can concentrate on playing the game! But thanks anyway. (:

SweetP
    @sweetp

Well, @waimea I don’t blame you. I am logged into my FB account, and still cannot connect to AB2. It’s frustrating to say the least. I tried shutting everything down, and restarting my device but the best I could do was to connect from AB Pop. Grrrr…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@SweetP — Have you tried asking Rovio (to ask the obvious)? They have frequently sent me instruction on what to try on Epic.

kwai-long
    @kwai-long

Please feel free to add me as a FB friend. FB details is available in my profile.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@waimea @mvnla2

In mvnla’s suggestions, it seemed that the last one, “You may need to then invite your [facebook] friend from within AB 2,” is the one whereby mvnla and I were finally able to exchange gifts. On the other hand, @sweetp and I are still struggling and when I accepted @kwai-long’s invitation that person was connected instantly. Maybe kwai knows what s/he’s doing?

If you obtain any clarity about this other people would doubtless appreciate an addition to this thread.

One downside from succeeding in this is that you instantly got to compare your scores with your friends. Wow. Some people are really kicking butt. I have finally got at the top of my leaderboard more than a few times, but mostly I tried to be inspired and not feel intimidated!

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@waimea – LOL after two weeks of trying to get this set up properly I would throw my tablet into the garbage. I guess in order to succeed at this game we have already tested and proven our persistence, what more do they want? :-)

waimea
    @waimea

Too funny @gelfling! When @bikkit and I finally realized we were spending inordinate amounts of time trying to get our ‘friends’ situation resolved and not even playing the game, we decided that was totally counter-productive and taking the fun out of a great new game. As we really only play against (and with) each other, we don’t need a lot of friends for gifts, and we can always look at the ‘Nest’ scoreboard to compare out scores. So Facebook? Meh…

I will say one thing that bothers us, and I probably could find the answer if I went back and read every post in the AB2 forum, but we couldn’t figure out why we could both come in first in the daily arena tournament, and also not seeing each other in the daily rankings. Even though we are both still in the Vanilla league, the obvious answer is there are many, many scoreboards in each league. The fact that we compete with each other from half way around the world makes that almost logical. And it IS kind of nice that we can both be #1 on the same day. It’s a little frustrating as it interferes with our competitiveness. But it’s still a fun game.

Now we are concentrating on learning the ins and outs of the game and not worrying about all this ‘hookup’ mess. Much more fun. But for those of you still trying to sort this mess, best of luck my friend.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@waimea

Damn, damn, damn. I had a nice long, chatty, exceedingly clever response for you that was just eaten by the Internet. When will I learn that I need to write my response someplace else and copy and paste?

This time I will be succinct and hope that the Internet gods smile on me. I totally agree with you on the capriciousness of tournament scoring. I talked about that, documenting with screenshots what happened, in my bogus Facebook page here.

Also, if you’re willing to give it a go, you can try this process with me. The reason that I bring that up is that you two spent a lot of time on this. If that did not work with me at least you would know that it was a new intellectually creative mistake that you guys came up with. But I totally understand if you want to let that go (blech! Bad taste in the mouth).

My understanding is that there will be two parts, first we would have to become Facebook friends, between our two bogus accounts, and second one of us would have to invite the other Facebook friend into our leaderboard from within AB2. The end result being is that you could then see my puny Ab2 scores and feel superior. :-) Let me know if you want to do that. It would help to be friends at ABN so that we could talk about the process.

Agh. My natural loquaciousness ran away with me. I am sending this before the inter-net God munch on my bytes.

waimea
    @waimea

@gelfling, re internet eating long, wonderfully thought out posts: ARGH! Happens way too often. I’ve found that if I get on a roll, and I’m writing more than a paragraph or am being incredibly eloquent, I hit ‘copy’ in mid post. That’s saved me a few grey hairs.

Thanks for the ideas, re leaderboard. But frankly, I’d just rather fling and have fun. There are too many goofy things going on with this game to try and sort them. (;

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@waimea – I am always so happy to run into somebody who also shares my excellent sense of humor. Mouth “on a roll” is an excellent synonym for loquaciousness.

Like I say, when I am wise I create my posting elsewhere, usually in Evernote, and then copy and paste. But it always seems like the effort is not worth it or what I am saying is not worth recording. It is funny what you say about “copy” though, synchronicity even, because I did try that today for the first time ( if I understand you correctly, periodically copying the entire text) . Unfortunately I am constantly copying and pasting, and when I went back the clipboard was only one item deep and I had written over it.

And as for myself, a few gray hairs here, a few gray hairs there, in context of a rapidly graying head a few aren’t worth counting .

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mighty-red-1 — I can see you on my leaderboards for individual levels, but I can’t see your avatar on the map, and you aren’t on the list of people I can send gifts to. Any idea what’s going on?

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@mvnla2 Don’t know what’s up with me not appearing in the gift list. Maybe it’s the same problem as Epic where you have way too many friends and some are removed from the list?
    As for me not appearing on the map, it’s probably because I completed all 240 levels.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 – it strikes me that if @mighty-red-1 has finished the game that this might answer both of your questions.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mighty-red-1 @gelfling — I asume Mighty Red is still playing because he’s working on walkthroughs, but it could explain why he’s not on the list of people I can send gifts to. It could also explain why I don’t see him on the map; however, I’ve always been able to see him in AB Pop, sitting at the last level. And although he’s finished the current levels, there are more to come.
    Not sure where comment was, but you can see people who are ahead of you on map, just keep scrolling to the end.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@mvnla2 I was creating the AB2 walkthroughs on my iPad playing as a blank player (no Facebook, no Game Center) whereas my original progress and Facebook connection remained on my Android, so there’s no reason I should have disappeared from your list.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mighty-red-one — Can you see me on the map or on the list of people you can send gifts to?

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 – are you still (I assume) @196? You are in the list of people I can send gifts to, but I can’t see you at all. I do see @kwai-long at @153 so this works at least in part for me.

Can you see me @55? I am further than that, but hanging out there because I’ll be damned if I’m not gonna three-star this level.

Apparently I am late to this party, but I’m not going to zoom through this. I am basically living at the tournaments and I’m improving a lot.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 – scratch that, I see you at 212, so you should be able to see me.

I tried this idea of farming, and blew all my five lives trying that with nary a gift in sight (levels 7, 8, 9). No gem gifts for my friends today.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — Strange — I don’t see you at all. Have you gotten any gifts from me? I haven’t gotten any from you, but I did send you one.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 – please read my p.m., this is a filtered version.

Yes and yes. My memory is that we became friends at the very beginning of all this, when we were both trying to figure out how to do this. I sent you my first gift and that may have been before you started keeping track. I believe that’s when I received one from you in kind.

I get gifts within the game rarely, maybe 2-3x a week, and I have been receiving gifts from @achimenes-crataegus 3-5 gifts a day . The #gifts discrepancy between us has made me wonder what Rovio is trying to reward. Achimedes is going through very quickly, and me stodgy like. They want us to keep moving?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Facebook Friends for Angry Birds 2

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.