Disappearance of arena league members

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Disappearance of arena league members

• When I checked the latest ranking of the 15 players in the arena league I am currently competing in (legendary, 5th day), I noticed that the player right below me had disappeared from the league. In fact, I noticed that 3 players from the league had disappeared and there are only 12 left.

I have been playing AB2 for about two months and competing in the arenas league all the time. I don’t remember members disappearing during a league before. Would anyone know how this is possible (other than the same 3 people from the league I am in being banned at the same time or suddenly deciding to quit the game – if quitting the game is possible at all). Thx!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Replies
  • Buster
    @doulgas

Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. I was running 3rd in Legendary, way behind 1 & 2, as in not gonna catch em. One morning I saw they had disappeared and I was now the leader. I put a post up here and got only a couple of replies, suggesting they were cheaters who got reported and booted out. My first place glory only lasted a day because the next morning they were back.

So, not a clue….

Patrick12
    @patrick12

Clan playerwhen I logged in today, this guy has come from nowhere overnight, Everyone on my leader board are around 300 bird power yet this guy with 160 is up near 500 points in less that 12 hours!

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@patrick12, I’ve experienced that, too. It’s puzzling how an “opponent” can suddenly appear from outside of the list and gain huge amounts of points in very short time. Sometimes the time can be literally unbelievably short, even if every game won!

I got tired of those “surprise superstars” popping up every now and then, so I’m going to drop lower leagues for now on.

Patrick12
    @patrick12

Definitely some hack, it’s took me a week steady playing 5/6 times a day to get to nearly 400, and a flock power almost 3 times as much as him! There is no way someone with only 160 flock power could accumulate that many points in 12 hours.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

To above, 500 points in less than 12 hours is totally possible. Especially for low FP players. I used to gain 800 points a day, well, less than 12 hours actually. All you need to prepared is sufficient tickets, roughly around 300 tickets.

Buster
    @doulgas

True. I usually stockpile spells until I have 500 or so and 10K+ gems, then go for the arena wins. You can accumulate a lot of points in a short time if you fling 4-5 spells in every round and have gems to spare if you fall short.

Patrick12
    @patrick12

I could understand that, but where would you get 300 tickets, especially if your star rank is as low as 17,  flock power is only at 160, his highest bird rank is only 27 and that’s after accumulating 476 points! He would have needed to have started with a star rank of 7, have at least 100 tickets won almost every battle with a lorry load of spells to end up with those stats. Just doesn’t make any sense.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Seeing something weird today.

Yesterday I was leading my tournament. This morning I was in second place to someone who was not in the tournament until today. He was sitting at 216 points.

Now, every time I restart the game, a different person is leading the tournament, but they always have 216 points. No one else seems to be earning points except me.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@aggieguy, that is weird! The name of the leader keeps changing, but other than that and timer, the screenshots seems just alike. Bug or one of those infamous “experiments” from Rovio? Did you file a bug report?

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

@rawdatasystems I haven’t.  I’ll see if it continues after the new tournament starts tomorrow night.  I’m wondering if perhaps the new updates just bugged the current tournament, and it will clear when the new one begins.  It all started after the updates came out.

The timer changes just because the time it took me to shut down the game and restart.  The leader only changes when I do that.  I finally took the lead, and that player dropped to second, but continues to change names with each restart.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

100 USD could buy 13000 gems? 900 gems for 35 tickets….300 tickets is relatively easy.

anything weird?

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

lol, is Rovio telling you that the arena maybe rigged? it just doesn’t matter who has the 216 stars, and name doesn’t matter? I wonder if you have a chance to contact the guys of 3-15, they may have a different list of players in their league.

Buster
    @doulgas

I’ve seen this happen from time to time — a player whose name changes several times a day. The image, FP, clan membership etc. stays the same. It doesn’t seem to affect the results at all, but it’s a puzzle.

You can change your name for 100 gems any time you want, as often as you want. So maybe this is somebody’s idea of fun.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

It’s not the same person changing their name.

The name changes every 20-30 seconds as I close the game and reload it. Clicking on the name, all the details are different.

This morning, they now have 232 points, and are different names than last night, but still changing names if I restart the game.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Whenever I take the lead, and exit the game, I am knocked back to 2nd place by a newly added player who is 10-20 points ahead. My score does change,  just a new guy with a higer score appears.

Edit: After each match I play,  the glitched player will increase his score by 13-20 points, even if I don’t exist the arena, much less the game.  Looks like I cannot overtake this bugged character.

Edit2: My score does change, didn’t notice autocorrect got it wrong.

Buster
    @doulgas

Yikes, that’s a different story altogether. Bizarre. It’s as though your score is being stored locally but you’re not connecting to the same data on the rovio server.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Looks like it has stopped once the new tournament started.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@aggieguy, so… it was just bugged Rovio bot “player”. These kind of weird things happening suggest that Rovio is misleading players even more than they we imagine.

Certain similarities with The Matrix are surprising. :D

Patrick12
    @patrick12

I’m really starting to question the integrity of this game as a whole. Playing today on the last/10th battle for the legendary chest, the guy I was playing was half a million points ahead of me with only one bird left, I had two. Then with his one bird he went from half a million ahead to 9 million in front, this was AFTER I had used one of my last birds! As others have been saying about this whole game it’s either rigged to get you to buy as many gems as they can or there is some serious amount cheating/hacks going about. Think I will be going back to candy crush to pass my time as soon as my gems run out.

Angry Turd
    @puffs

Never worry about your opponent in Arena play. Focus solely on your own game. How Rovio maps a recorded scores to pace your score has no impact on your ability to seek maximum destructive points.

Viking Birds #76330 = 1000 FP (or higher)
    Viking Birds II #190105 = 850 FP (or higher)
    Viking Birds³ #212732 = 700 FP (or higher)

____   ___.__ __   .__                __________.__           .___      
    \   \ /   |__|  | _|__| ____   ____   \______   |_________  __| _/______
     \   Y   /|  |  |/ |  |/    \ / ___\   |    |  _|  \_  __ \/ __ |/  ___/
      \     / |  |    <| | | / /_/ >  |    |   |  ||  | \/ /_/ |\___ \ 
       \___/  |__|__|_ |__|___|  \___  /   |______  |__||__|  \____ /____  >
                      \/       \/_____/           \/               \/    \/ 

Official Clan Rules: rules.vikingbirds.com
    Discord Group Chat: join.vikingbirds.com

Meme324
    @meme324-2

I gave up playing in the arena because of stuff like this. I got so tired of being frustrated playing against someone with a lower FP and I have a few spell cards and they win by 20 million. I’m sure you all see the higher you progress, the higher your opens score so by the last level they have FP 100 greater than your and all the spell cards. Lately playing hasn’t even been listed as a daily quest item. I also found if I play the last couple levels with no spell cards, got tired of wasting them in there, even though my opponent has them, oddly they are usually trailing the entire time by a few million of course until the last room, then suddenly they are a few million ahead. I get free bird and alway less than a million shy of winning. Now I just play for myself and when I lose and start all over it’s no big deal at least I played faired unlike my opponent.

Buster
    @doulgas

Here’s a way to approach the arena. Build up a decent horde of spells. Play only the early rounds — forget trying to finish the streak. I almost never play above 5 unless I have a numerical advantage, but I’ll always at least start just to see how the opponent is doing and maybe I can steal a cheap one (I’ve seen plenty of high FP players get really bad scores).

And I finally discovered that if I pick a spell but don’t use it, it’s not deducted from my stash. If I find myself hopelessly behind, I just concede, saving the spell for another battle.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Had to write the reply again, as it was lost into void. Perhaps some brain dead filter killed it or whatever… :(

@doulgas
    , unfortunately that is one of those undocumented Rovio “experiments”, which are not available to everyone. Like the “Video Option” at certain areas of AB2.

Alper
    @alper

Thank you for all the replies! I figured out later that what had happened to me might be related with a major update to the AB2 app that occurred around that time. After the app on my phone was updated, the missing 3 players reappeared in the arena.  I reckon Rovio made some changes to the software running on their servers at the same time but those changes did not go as smoothly as they expected.  Happy slinging!

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@alper So… you updating your phone killed Rovio servers just now? :D

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Disappearance of arena league members

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.