Daily quest annoyances

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Daily quest annoyances

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • Replies
  • Phillips
    @phillips

@ramonpontes I don’t have the destroy 5 walking mortar towers as a set it is random but agree on the other two. One you haven’t listed but almost seems like a set one for me is collect 30 energon cubes.

The only time I struggle with the missions is when there is no event on and having to try to find a run with a decent number of flying pigs of tnt boxes (normally desert is best but I normally play where my 6th transformer is) but once found exit and redo until I have finished.

Joel
    @joel687

I’m so glad that I haven’t seen the dodge a monolith in slow-motion, earn pointts in slow-motion, or earn points in fast-forward. Those always drove me nuts

Deszaras
    @deszaras

I have constant problems not getting to run pig city nodes on the daily quests when needed. I’ll run nodes all over the map and still get none to pop in pig city. Basically, if I need 4 pig city runs, I never see pig city all day long. It almost seems deliberate.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@deszaras

You are not alone, I’m testing a device and not very far into the game and yesterday like you I had Pig City x 4, not open to me yet and Today Sharkhogs x 10 Valley not open yet so it does happen a lot.

Xenohart
    @pcguru

Problem is happening for a lot of people. I timed the number of appearances in all areas during the last competition and on average, 4 – 5 TFs appear in all areas except those on the daily quest. That forces players to play the competition when the DQ is to visit an area or kill x number of sharktihogs. I had 2 TFs sitting in cobalt valley before today’s DQ, and on today’s competition: 2 sharktihogs appeared on 1 map, and 0 on another. For 0 sharktihogs in cobalt valley – it’s not rocket science to figure out there’s a setting timed with the DQs (especially with the competition off and no other way to get to cobalt valley). I have played more than thirty rounds – and no TFs have returned to Cobalt Valley – but just during this DQ. The same for yesterday’s DQ and no TFs loading in pig city after more than 55 rounds. Just more scamming from Rovio … *surprise!*. I wonder if they’ll ever open up the rest of the map … or if “coming soon” will actually mean, “soon”? Hmmm…

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Looks like they got rid of the “visit” quests. I haven’t had one since the soft update that activated Smokescreen.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sntrooper No offense to those but it seems like people with common sense are very few nowadays. This was one of the easiest quests to complete and now thanks to the incompetence of some players, those are removed.

Seriously, was this so hard to figure out that you just needed to “visit” and not “complete” the nodes? Apparently so.

nykki
    @diamond72

I have noticed this as well. I can complete all daily requests in just a few minutes except for at least one. Most of the time it’s the shark ones. Today I have run that twice already and popped one only. Don’t think it’s just a coincidence

Joel
    @joel687

@sntrooper – I also noticed that the visit quests have disappeared since the last soft update. It makes me wonder if it is safe to go and play all the nodes in the regular game that I have been saving. It would make thanking 5 buddies much faster if I don’t have to wait for the sixth node to reappear each time

I am paranoid that they will reappear the moment I do all the nodes I have been saving…

Phillips
    @phillips

@joel687 I have a Cobalt valley node that I have saved for ages (probably before Thanksgiving). As it has (had) just about everything in it to complete the daily quests. It has shaktihogs, TNT boxes, slow motion and fast forward, it is cobalt valley, falling monoliths to dodge, a fair few Energon towers and flying pigs. Probably the only thing it doesn’t have are walking mortar towers. With the changes in quests it still helps with a number of them but the ones that caused me most grief damage in slow motion and fast forward and dodging falling monoliths in slow motion I don’t know if it is still needed and I can finally complete the quest.

Asen_77
    @asen

Forum is done to help people with same interest. Here is forum to help Rovio to screw us up. We should stop writing down ideas how to get daily events, or how to go true levels. Our ideas are turning against us. I am expecting soon Daily Events to become worst and undoable. I don’t know how, but soon we wont be able to finish it, unless we are didn’t buy tousend of gems, or spend money for this game. Again Rovio – this is Game and it supposed to be FUN for us, not to screw us. No event is CNY and it supposed to be Big Event, but NO – this is event that is worst then previous. I am afreid to thing what will be on next event that will provide us new bird? Probably will be impossible to collect enough token to get it …

Joel
    @joel687

Call me an optimist. Maybe this works in reverse. Instead of tthem reading this and using it against us, maybe they use it to help?!? Maybe the reason why the visits are gone is the level of frustration people showed here. Maybe the removal of the slow-motion monolith challenge happened due to our complaints here…

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I had the 10 Sharktihogs in Cobalt Valley today, so I’m glad I resisted the urge to use that spot that gives me seven per run.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

They got rid of the easiest challenges, dodge the falling monolith in slow mo, and play so many times in a certain area.

Now I have to grind out 100 TNT boxes every day. This sucks!

Phillips
    @phillips

@pandaczar12 it sucks when there is no event on. When there are events I only need to do spots on the map for the thank 5 buddies. All other quests get done just playing the events.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@pandaczar12 That’s another one I have saved. I have Lockdown sitting on a Pig City node with 19 boxes.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

I believe the longer you leave the map node, the “richer” (more targets) and sometimes the longer that node becomes.

Therefore a map node that just spawned would be less rich.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@armourbender The three main ones I keep have been exactly the same the last month or two that I’ve had them saved there.

Xenohart
    @pcguru

I don’t think the DQs themselves have ever really been an issue. It’s when Rovio messes with the DQs that’s a problem. For example, popping 10 sharktihogs … no problem. Modifying cobalt valley missions during that time to have zero spawn sharktihogs or preventing missions from spawning there … problem. Dodging monoliths – no problem (a little challenging depending on the transformer). Messing with the transformers and changing how they function so that it doesn’t work the same … problem. So, when I see DQs with the cobalt valley, I’ve started giving up. I don’t have 18 hours a day to commit to just angry birds just to get the number of spawns needed … no one would (I assume). What’s sad, is this is another testament as to why Angry Birds is not a game anymore. Now, it’s just as much a time waster as something stupid like candy crush (that I will never play out of sheet stubbornness and self respect). Games have parameters of functionality that aren’t changed by system updates (ie, big red in the original did the same thing and his functionality didn’t change just to mess with the players for no seemingly good reason). Game missions are clear so that I don’t end up sending the wrong transformer into a mission whose apparent ability to explode every target on the screen except for walking monoliths or the big pig head boss, isn’t an issue. Games have goals that aren’t changed by suddenly adding a need to buy add ons (even games with purchasable dlc have a core operations that functions consistently without it and dlc acts as an expansion). The creators have spent so much time adding on their cost value, that they’ve done nothing in creativity for that terrible music, for the cookie-cutter transformers, for unlocking the island (or going back to achievable transformer unlocks like they used to have … that was enjoyable and closer to angry birds), for opening up the “coming soon” add ons (that I dread based on the way they’ve handled the game thus far), providing variations in levels so it’s not so monotonous, and so on. The challenges are fun … sort of. However, it’s quickly becoming excessively boring and seemingly impossible to get to the top (at least for me, I can’t speak for anyone else). If I’m at #1 with a 10,000 point lead 3 hours after the start, by the next morning, I’m in position 15 and the leader is ahead by … 65,000 points (from just the #2 position) – which would be completely impossible to achieve without paying for gems, and so, I’ve given up ever thinking I can reach that top. Thus, the joy in those challenges is gone (and I am still not convinced it’s real players). The ability to choose transformers to accompany on missions is okay, although it’s sad we can’t select from our own list of transformers. The cost of crystals to change transformers for map challenges is a waste of all those worthless coins that should be used for it, but it’s not overboard at this point. Sorry if this is too much for this topic, but it seems that one thing leads into another and into another. Maybe a moderator can bump it if they want :)

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@millforce2k
    Surely there’s a limit to each map node’s richness.
    I believe that a map node that is just spawned will be less rich.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@pcguru
    You made some interesting observations.

ABT turns out to be a very challenging game because it is constantly tweaked… and this “developer intervention” is beyond Rovio/Exient’s “balancing” technology.

ABT is not a static game that never changes, like those old games that came on ROM cartridges. We only paid once for those cartridges…

What needs improving urgently is the game must be thoroughly tested to be as bug-free as possible before release to the customers.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This is beyond ridiculous. I need to snag 15 gold bricks, and in six runs I’ve netted three.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Uugh, what are the odds. Well, that’s kind of rhetorical since we know how Rovio like to stack the deck on these quests. I have all 45 transformers. Three are permanently positioned at the meadows, Pig City, and Cobalt Valley to help me with the quests. Another two are in the desert and beach. The last one floats around. I only play and complete the node with a bot where there’s two in a location. Today, I had two missions complete and I didn’t want to start them up again until I completed all of the quests. The third mission has three bots and still 3.5 hours left. Guess what three bots are sitting in my “usable” spots. I just need to thank one more buddy. I didn’t plan on collecting the quest prizes until after the event start time since one is probably starting tonight, but still, out of 41 available bots (Chromia is upgrading), it picked the three on mission.

Craigtbest
    @craigtbest

@millforce2k
    Feel for you mate happens all the time wish the lottery was as predictable

Jay Kew
    @jaykew

@millforce2k I’m pretty sure that you can change the bot assigned to any node by selecting the run and tapping the green circle with the arrows at the bottom left of the pop-up. I think it costs you 1 Gem every time you change character. That way you should be able to leave your bots on their mission but still complete the run.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Daily quest annoyances

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.