Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@snowbirds
    It’s a known bug, and it will be fixed eventually. But feel free to enjoy it while it lasts! =)

Anonymous

@bankler Instead of just fixing the bug, why don’t you ask the devs to make it an actual thing? All this glitch did was give you a “checkpoint prize” for not fully finishing the challenge. As hard as they are, it would be nice to get something for getting as far as you did.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Seems the prizes and number of rooms in the Daily Challenge vary from player to player. For the record, for today’s (April 25th) I was rewarded with 100 red feathers, in the red chest 100 yellow feathers, ( previously got 250 from the chest so not so good) and the same spells as ever, a duck and a chilli. The boss room for me was 6 rooms.
    What are other players getting? This is assuming there are others still playing – an alarming number seem to be quitting the game altogether, not just the Daily Challenge, which is a real shame when they have been playing far longer than I have and invested a lot more time and energy in the game.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

My first level was 3 rooms, second level was 4 rooms and boss level was 5 rooms. Foreman Pig where you threw objects at him – played it as a regular level before. Was really easy.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@smwforever45- thanks for your reply, which confirms the Daily Challenge varies between players – my rooms were 3, which I think is standard for everyone, then 5 for the second and 6 for the boss. Perhaps it varies randomly or depends what level you are on the map for the normal game (I’m now stuck on 503 which is why I played the DC for light relief!)
    I’d be interested to know what rewards you got too.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

2016-04-25 Daily Challenge for me: 3 rooms, 4 rooms, 6 rooms. Balloon pigs, parachute pigs, indestructible micropigs.

Chef pig got wedged against the plateau at the bottom of the screen and buried by the rocks that slid off the ledge at the top right (which didn’t kill him- yes I’m not kidding). So I had two additional challenges: get birds that can make a hit behind a wall and that can also destroy the rocks that are protecting the Chef pig. >:( Fortunately I got one Mathilda (Silver was the only other one who can do this).

Cost me 140 gems to defeat the f*cker. As a reward I got 100 red feathers, a ME spell, a duckling spell and a chili spell. Totally NOT worth it.

I think once I get my birds to level 8 I’m going to quit as well. The game lacks all sense of fun the higher up your flock/challenges get, and this “different rules for different players” thing is really cheap. Plus the ‘rolling gameplay rule changes’ are getting a little bit tedious.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@djangosmum
    Me, I got 200 Red feathers, three Golden Duck spells (two of them were in the chest), one Blizzard and one Chilli.

@djlarryt

I struggled with miner pigs. I swear I’m starting to hate them more than balloon pigs.

Also you got ME as a reward? Think you’re the first since so far it was always one of the first three spells! Is Rovio finally learning to add variation?

Damn. Before I know it I’ll be the only ABN player left on AB2 XD

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@smwforever45 I never get over 100 feathers anymore, even if I decide to splurge on a premium chest. I’ve been paying attention to this for the past 2 weeks and it’s always 100 feathers or lower.

I think it’s just another one of the different rule stipulations that Rovio placed on my player account. Either that or they’re still tweaking based on player level (I am at 42 stars and finally got my flock to level 7 birds). I guess my next stop is level 8, diamond level birds so Rovio is obviously trying to keep me playing by making it take longer to reach the highest bird status.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@djlarryt 20 stars, 3 Lv. 4 and 4 Lv. 3 birds for me so far so I’m not that far into the game. It’s possible that the feather amount is adjusted according to your birds’ levels – but IMO you should get MORE feathers if you play harder levels and have higher-levelled birds not LESS than me as someone who started playing two weeks ago.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Another totally doable DC for me.
    3 rooms first level, 4 rooms second and third level each. Took me 2 tries and no gems. Got Blues’ feathers and too many Blizzards…

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I got through it on my first try, no gems. The treasure chest gave me a chili pepper. I now have 37 of those things. I really don’t need any more and wish I would be lucky enough to get some feathers from it.

It would be nice if we could reach back and grab a spell while playing a level (not in the arena). They would be much more useful than selecting them ahead of time. Sometimes I would even trade a bird for a spell like the chili.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Reward: 100 blue feathers, 250 Bomb feathers (!!!), a duckling spell and a chili spell. I was wrong, I take it back about being limited to 100 feather rewards :p

And it proves what I said in another thread… my Bomb always advances first ;) (Which is great because it’s my favourite bird and does the most damage in almost any situation)

Today’s DC contained lots of beanie (balloon) pigs… and INDESTRUCTIBLE. MICRO. PIGS. FROM. HELL. A couple of them took three direct hits to finally get rid of.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@captsternn
    Hey bud, how about a swap? 10 Chillis for 10 Blizzards? How’d that sound? :)

@djlarryt

My Silver gets the most feathers… Silver is great for single pigs when you can’t pop them otherwise, but I’d prefer more feathers on Bomb or Mathilda!

Micro piglets were my trouble in today’s DC too! Check the Glitches and Bugs thread, I modified the micro piglets a bit at @david-martin’s suggestion. :P

David Martin
    @david-martin

@captsternn – I have no idea what it’s like to have spells in excess. I’d imagine if I was in that situation I’d just use a Chili every time I played the Arena or was trying to get through a very difficult level that I was having trouble passing with the number of birds available. It doesn’t replace a bird. You effectively get an extra bird. Chili can be unreliable when there are a lot of pigs far apart on screen, but it’s great in situations where you only have one pig left or several pigs clustered close enough together that detonating even the one at the top of the stack would certainly kill them all. Use that in place of a bird and then you have the bird for when you really need him. (I really hate being forced to use a powerful bird just to clear the last pig from a screen, then finding out immediately on the next screen that the exact bird I just used would have been really helpful.)

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I won’t use spells in the arena, David. I do use them in the levels but only when I get them during the play of the level. The chili is fun when the last pig left is the teleporter. Reminds me of that scene in the Matrix where Trinity says, “Dodge this”.

Youshi, I would trade for some blizzards just for the heck of it. I think that is the only spell I don’t have in the bank. 12 ducks, 7 inflators, 3 MEs, 37 chilis and not a blizzard to be found.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@captsternn – Are you avoiding spells in the Arena to be a conscientious objector? I’d never buy them for that purpose, but if I have them lying around, might as well. Even for an opponent I can probably already beat, it might earn me an extra star or two.

If your angle is that the people who buy all five spells to inflate the Arena scores and make it virtually impossible for anyone else to beat them are annoying, I’m with you there. However, I’m starting to find that some of these people have basically bribed their way to the top and aren’t actually as good bird-for-bird as the people who got there without using spells all the time. Beating some of them is more of an attainable goal than it looks like at first.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@captsternn
    I’d be happy if I had these spells in this quantity on my bank! Blizzards are useless to me, I’d love to have more chillis, or just a single inflator or ME!

Now only to figure out how to trade ;)

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Yes, David, I am kind of a purist in the arena. I don’t battle those with spells. I am not judging, except when somebody has all the spells and all their birds. The only advantage I use is being picky about accepting opponents. Since I learned that trick here my scores are getting crazy. I almost never lose and usually get between 6 and 9 stars per round, 2 rounds every three hours. And I almost just jinxed myself by posting this while playing a round.

I would love to trade for some gems, Yoshi. I love having gems. That is kind of like my reward in this game. I have only started parting with a few here and there for the daily challenge, and only once I get to the boss and have him wounded.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I suppose that beats my typical Arena strategy, which is “Do marginally well, then fall asleep one night wishing I was #1, wake up the next morning, and find that I’ve been miraculously moved to another set of competitors where I’m suddenly king.” Works every time!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bankler @partshade
    Something that just came to my mind concerning this checkpoint prize:

How about adding two possibilities to go back to the map? One would lead you directly to the map and save your progress so you can continue later. The other would quit you out of the challenge but give you a reward based on how far you got in the challenge. If you beat the first level, you could get the spells; for the second level the spells and the chest; and if you cleared them all you’d get everything including the feathers.
    Or make it a reward wheel like in Epic; for every level cleared one star is added. The jackpot (100-200 feathers) would have 1/8th, 2/8th or 3/8th of a chance to be awarded based on how many levels you cleared in the challenge. A re-roll on the wheel would cost you 20 gems or something.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Question: Why do I pretty much always get a golden pig in the first level of the Challenge, where I already have more than enough birds to spare, but they’re a rarity in the second and third levels? That just adds insult to injury when I have to start over.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@david-martin
    I think it’s completely random. In one of my first DC’s I got a golden pig in every single room in the second level, which helped me clear the first DC.
    I rarely see golden pigs in boss levels – maybe they’re disabled there?

David Martin
    @david-martin

Yesterday I had two golden pigs in two subsequent rooms in the DC boss level, and I still failed because the birds it gave me were just about the worst ones for that particular boss (I needed the ability to dive straight down or push something heavy on to the boss once he was in a pit at the bottom of the screen and I had neither Red, nor Silver, nor Matilda). So it does happen occasionally – just apparently not when it would actually be helpful, probably because the guy who coded this part of the game is named Murphy.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

You can pause the DC just like regular levels, Yoshi. Exit the game but don’t do a hard shutdown on the app. The game will come back up when you open the app again. You can’t get to regular levels or the arena, but you can pick up where you left off. But if the timer expires the app will reset and boot you out of the DC. I have done some experimenting with that on days where I know I won’t beat the DC.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@captsternn
    I well know about that possibility. All I was about is adding a possibility in to get a reward if you KNOW you can’t beat this DC completely. Like, reset your progress after the first or second level and get some sort of “checkpoint prize” as @partshade said above.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.