Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 601 through 625 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

Really, I’m having such a hard go of it today- things not breaking, pigs not popping even with direct hits, first and second room using up all my birds. It’s as if the game settings for me today all all turned up to unbeatable, nothing falls down no matter how hard I hit it. Every room has 4 structures or floating platforms that can’t possibly be cleared with 2 or even 3 pigs, including if I got really lucky with my shots. Rovio seems to be hitting me with every cheapazz trick in the book all in a few screens, seemingly in an attempt to frustrate me into just paying for the win once and for all.

I used up 13 attempts so far and still haven’t even cleared the second wave. I think I’m going to forego it today and take a break from this sh!tty game for awhile.

And when this kind of thing starts happening, I know it’s time to throw in the towel.

View post on imgur.com

Sonicwave
    @sonicwave

Today’s Bomb Blast was going pretty smoothly for me until this happened.

Chef is too stubborn to die

David Martin
    @david-martin

@sonicwave – Definitely a frustrating situation, and the absolute worst time to have Blues as you last bird. However, couldn’t Blues have gone through the blue portal and pushed the other cart into the boss? Normally that wouldn’t help much, but he only had a sliver of life left, even the slightest push should have been enough to finish him off.

I got lucky with today’s DC because there were a lot of rooms in the third part that were easy to clear with a single bird, meaning I had a surplus for any boss-related mishaps. However, a different configuration in the first room (where you have to go up and over the large bamboo chute and there’s always an obstacle in your way) or having the wrong birds to start with could have easily made me burn several lives on this one.

HaoleDave
    @haoledave

9/3 3rd attempt (no gems); 2 Ducks

Pushed the Boss train with Red first, then used Bomb to blow up the first the balloons underneath.

@sonicwave

It appears you used Silver. If so, that’s probably the worst one too have for that room. But, you probably could have just flung him normally and not use his special, and that should’ve just slightly pushed the train without flinging the Boss.

Sonicwave
    @sonicwave

@david-martin: That’s actually what I did afterwards (throwing Blues into the portal), however it just pushed the boss without doing any damage. I then spent 60 gems and used Chuck to destroy most of the bridge structure with no better results (http://i.imgur.com/Gs1IiwJ.png). In the end I was able to finish him with Matilda.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

9/4 2nd attempt; canned fish.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

4 Sept, 2nd attempt. Got there by making an error. Trying to clear the way for the double trampoline bounce, Matilda hit the rock above and to the right of boss. She was disabled but bounced up from the trampoline knocking boss down. Couldn’t have planned it, very satisfying.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

9/5 1st attempt; inflater.

RizDub
    @rizdub

@sonicwave I know it’s too late for this, but… couldn’t you have used the Blues to pop the triangular balloons holding everything up? That’s what I would have done.

I tried the Daily Challenge myself for the first time the other day (I was in the middle of a boycott when the DC was first released), during Bomb’s Blast. I cleared the first two levels without much difficulty, but failed the final level. External circumstances prevented me from further attempts.

One question I have for everyone – what are your opinions on bringing spells into the DC? I, personally, don’t have much of a problem with it – in fact, I brought a Chili into my first DC attempt and wound up not using it. Only issue is that I have way less spells than everyone else is saying (I have 10 Chilis and 2-4 of everything else).

And a smaller question – everyone only mentions one prize in their posts here. I’m assuming this is what they’re getting from the chest reward – is that right?

Just for the record, all my birds are at level 4 and I’m about to start the seventh campaign chapter.

David Martin
    @david-martin

The first two levels of the DC are usually a cakewalk for me, so I don’t bother with spells. When I used to think you actually had to finish all three level in a row or else start over from the first one, I would sometimes use spells when I had difficulty with the second level. Now I just force quit the app whenever I’m about to lose, so that I only have to start from whatever level I made it to. I waste a lot less time repeating the easy stuff that way.

I always thought the “no spells in a boss level” rule was dumb, as that’s the level that has the most rooms and it’s where they would be most useful. I get that they don’t want you wiping out the Boss with a Mighty Eagle or something (or, more likely, they didn’t program the bosses to respond properly to the Chili and Pig Inflater). At the very least they should let you use spells to clear the rooms leading up to the boss, and then if you have any let over, just trade those in for random bird cards.

To add insult to injury, I often see Golden Pigs in the first and second levels of the DC, but rarely the third, where they’d actually be most helpful.

The DC rewards are fixed, except for the chest. Whatever bird’s challenge it is that day, you’ll get 100 feathers for that bird, a chest, a Chili and Duck spell, and more recently 30 pearls. What’s in the chest appears to be random which is why people report it; I haven’t double-checked to see if it’s the same for me as it is for the person who reported finishing the challenge that day. If it’s the same for all of us, I have more incentive to finish a tough challenge (including paying 60 gems to finish off the boss) if the reward is feathers instead of another spell.

RizDub
    @rizdub

9-5 2nd attempt; 100 red feathers.

HaoleDave
    @haoledave

9/5 first attempt (no gems); forgot what I got because after the reinstall, I lost ALL my gems and pearls, so I was distracted…

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

9/6 1st attempt; 100 black feathers.

swanamaker
    @swanamaker

9/6 5th attempt (no gems). 100 yellow feathers. I haven’t seen any patterns with the chest. Seems random to me.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

9/6 First attempt – 2 ducks

All my dreams are answered

I knew there was a reason why I barely bother with the DC

Sonicwave
    @sonicwave

9/6 3rd attempt (no gems) – 2 ducks.

@rizdub
    I had considered it, but the boss pig seemed to be over the solid ground instead of the stone and not in a position to fall down.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

9/7 1st attempt; 100 Matilda feathers; patience level, did it with Silver but it took about 5 minutes before boss died.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

9/8 4th attempt (teleporters!); 100 red feathers. Another patience level.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

9/9 1st attempt; 100 blue feathers.

alexmiller
    @alexmiller

It took me 3 attempts for the daily today, but that’s pretty good for me. I usually take 3-4 tries.

I surprised myself by getting through the 5-level pig challenge in one try. That was a lucky bonus.

swanamaker
    @swanamaker

Wow – I didn’t even get through level 3 of the King Pig challenge. Seems like nothing more than a gem grab to me.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

You have 10 mins total for King Pig Challenge. 2 levels took me almost 5 mins already since I don’t have 1 Might Eagle per level to use. I guess they don’t expect you to wait for gravity to take care of that lone structure. Many of those levels will take at least 2 birds to finish.

I wonder (just wonder) what if the 10 mins pass and you are still playing?

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

There’s absolutely NO WAY you can finish that King Pig Challenge in 10 minutes. 20 rooms in 10 minutes and NONE of them are “strike-able”? (plus all the animations shaking things in your face) Good f**king luck. I think the 10-minute limit is to make sure that if you exit out of it, you’re done for good.

Exactly @swanamaker nothing but a gem grab. Picture all the WORST screens you can ever imagine all in one run. That’s what you’re up against.

BTW you can pay gems to “Play On” (surprise, surprise) so in essence this is just a re-packaging of the DC with more screens, sh!ttier rooms and another Boss level.

Penz
    @penz

To be honest guys, tried the king pig challenge today and found it extremely easy, didn’t have to use a single spell or gem either. I must have gotten lucky.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

9/10 1st attemt; 250 black feathers; king pig challenge failed in level 4.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 601 through 625 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.