Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • CaptSternn
    @captsternn

You can do that, Drama? I knew about resetting the time to get more lives but I didn’t know you could change the date to get different Daily Challenges. Darn you if that works, I get distracted enough by this game as it is. ;)

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

@CaptSternn Yup! :) It works on my iPhone, anyway! I discovered it when I was setting the clock ahead to get more lives, and I accidentally set it to the next day instead of the next hour. The next day’s new DC popped up so I played it! It generally works for the following two days. On Wednesday I did Thursday and Friday’s DCs (I couldn’t beat Wednesday’s DC), then today I did tomorrow’s. I don’t have much time to play on the weekends so sometimes I’ll try to do the Saturday and Sunday DCs during the week. :)

I clearly love glitches lol. :P

reddie
    @reddie250

Took me almost all my first set of lives to win today’s DC. I got lucky in the boss room. Used blues to clear the ice parts on top of the two towers on the bottom, and one of the blues caused Foreman pig to fall from the top. The extra card I got (red) was used to topple the tower where the snow pig was and KOed the Formean.

My reward in the chest besides the 100 silver feathers and the spells was a Pig Inflator.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The second level of my daily DC is SO annoying. Lots of structures, of which most are flat, many micropigs, there’s NO room I can Strike and there’s 5 of them. Every time I only get to room 4 or 5. :(

EDIT: On attempt #6 I got super lucky and had an ME spell for the final room.
    On attempt #7, I cleared the boss level as well. The boss level had only 4 waves and was SUPER easy. More of my so badly sought-after feathers, and Bomb’s almost at rank 5!

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I got through it as well. But I made up for not burning gems yesterday. In for a penny, in for a pound. Reddie, I also got the inflator. And a duck. And a … I don’t even want to say it any more .

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

It happened again – a paltry chilli spell my ‘prize’ in the so-called treasure chest, just like yesterday, after a 5 stage Boss level.

I see above some players only get a relatively easy 4 stage Boss – has anyone been unlucky enough to get a 6 stage Boss in today’s challenge?

Or a blizzard in the chest?

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

I got the 6-stage boss level today, djangosmom, and it was pretty hard to beat. I got the pig inflator in the chest!

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@hourlongdrama – that’s tough! I wonder if it was just bad luck you got 6 rooms, or because your birds are ranked higher? Mine are all still fives, although I have finished all the 580 levels so far.

I remember when the Daily Challenge started, being really pleased to get 250 feathers in the chest, but rewards seem to be getting less and less generous and I need feathers rather than spells.

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

@djangosmom It must be random, because my birds are all 4s and 5s! :/

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@hourlongdrama – that’s interesting – really bad luck in that case!

reddie
    @reddie250

I got through today’s DC (not a theme park one, thankfully) in two tries. I had quite a scare on Level 2 thanks to many micropigs (and I couldn’t strike any room), but I got lucky on the final room of that level when red toppled a tower and causing one of those wheeled vehicle structures (w/ that damned miner pig to fall off). My boss level was 5 rooms and I go through that one no sweat.

My Reward from the treasure chest…150 red feathers! He’s just less than 50 feathers away from maxing out at L8.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Today’s Sunday challenge was virtually impossible (well to me anyway).

Just to remind you I’m up to level 580 and in Diamond League – so fairly good.

After loads of attempts at level 2 I finally got through but despite even more attempts at level 3, just couldn’t do it. Never even got to see the boss pig.

So I think it was virtually impossible and I bow to anyone that did it without buying or burning gems – something i refuse to do.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I passed today’s DC on the second try. It was a portal challenge, 3 rooms in level 1, 5 in level 2, and 6 in level 3. I can see why it would be difficult, because both level 2 and 3 had a tough first room – the one where you have to fire up and over the three to hit a structure on the bottom right, and there’s usually something floating blocking your path. First time through level 2, I actually wasted birds on that room because it was a single pig hanging from a small glass structure. Bomb or Terence could have easily cleared both that and the structure below, but what do you know, I managed to miss it twice in a row and had to waste three birds on that room. Second time around, I was lucky and got a few golden pigs and a mighty eagle to make up for the wasted birds.

I’m still not convinced we’re all seeing the same challenge every day.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@jeremyharrod- same as you- 580/Diamond league but struggled with level 2 and gave up/life’s too short! Well done for even getting to level 3.

@david-martin- well done for beating it, especially as you appear to be the only one… From posts on this thread it seems we do not all see the same challenge but no nearer to working out who gets what as no correlation to bird rankings – purely random? You were unlucky to get 6 rooms in level 3 which I assume is as bad as it gets – unless someone has had 7??

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

My last three DCs had 6-room level 3s and took me several tries each to beat. Ugh! At least today’s treasure chest gave me 2 blizzards instead of another duck (I have over 50 ducks at this point lol).

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

I had the same challenge and rooms as David but got no golden eggs and no mighty eagles.

Ho hum

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Didn’t make it through today. Was out on the road, got to the boss level and had to quit for the drive home. I opened it with 14 minutes to spare and thought I could get back to it, but the game reset and booted me out.

Drama, I tried setting the clock back but it didn’t work. Maybe it only works setting it ahead or if you don’t play? Right now I am being a somewhat responsible adult (old man) and dealing with chores. I will check it out in a bit on setting the time ahead.

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

@captsternn Did I say set it back? If so, sorry! I meant to say set ahead/forward. :)

reddie
    @reddie250

@jeremyharrod You can bow to me and I actually got through this tonight w/o burning gems (though it took me seven tries to win). On that boss room, I first used Chuck to break the balloons to make the bridge collapse. Then I used Terrence to cause the train to collapse as well as the car in the back on the other side of the bridge. And whaddya know, Chef Pig doesn’t seem to roll on that curvy bridge. That earned me a red bird. I then used him to blow Chef Pig off the bridge and he fell down through the portal to his doom.

My reward besides Terence feathers and the spells? MIGHTY EAGLE! :D The funny thing is that my little red bird has maxed out at getting feathers from the arena before we even get to tomorrow’s DC. But I will do that anyway and hopefully collect another pig inflator and mighty eagle.

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

I beat today’s challenge, but again had some ridiculousness with the Micro pigs! :p

View post on imgur.com

David Martin
    @david-martin

@djangosmum – I’ve seen 7 rooms in the boss level of a few Daily Challenges, and not managed to pass any of them. 6 rooms is tough but doable. Usually easier if it’s from the earlier levels in the game.

I usually only get Golden Pigs in the first of the three levels, where they’re almost completely unnecessarily and seemingly just there to mock you. It was a real surprise to get one in the second or third level.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I got a chili from the chest today. Yay.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@captsterrn
    And I got two Blizzards. Gah! XD

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

We are cursed, Yoshi. heh

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

Gahhhhh. Today’s DC is driving me nuts. The boss room (pic below) is a duplicate of one that I remember really well from a previous level in regular AB because I hated it so much and it took me so long to beat!

View post on imgur.com

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.