Chinese new year event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Chinese new year event

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 190 total)
  • Replies
  • Joel
    @joel687

@asen – I’m with you. I won’t update until I hear rhat the update works. I want to keep collecting sparks every day before the new bot is offered.

I can’t see them even starting the new event before they get the app working. No one could play

Asen_77
    @asen

Just play with smokescreen for daily event Thanks 5 buddies – at Pig City I shut 3 times red sign for bridge, but it doesn’t appear, so I fall down and need to spend 10 gems to save the level. Stupidity is continue with full power …

I have 880 tokens left, and I’m not sure whether I should buy one of Smokescreen’s accessories (I don’t have any of them yet), or buy one (or more) of the Chinese New Year holiday hats. Anybody have any suggestions?

Joel
    @joel687

@jimmy-necessary – I purposely avoided all the hats. They are all adding defense. I went through at Christmas and got +10% damage hats for all my bots. If I have to choose between more damage and more defense, I’m picking damage

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

The Christmas Hats only gave +5% Defence, while these Chinese New Year hats give +8% Defence.

I guess the only ones who really need Defence are those poor slow characters or those with slow reloads, they are the ones who will get decimated.

Looking at @jasebree on page 4,

The slow ones would be:
    – Grimlocks – covered by the Red Dragon Hat for 150 Tokens;
    – Heatwave – covered by the Yellow Lion Hat for 150 Tokens;
    – Galvatron – covered by the Black Hat for 300 Tokens;

The Hats with the most BANG! is the Red Hat for 700 Tokens; and the Purple Dragon Hat for 450 Tokens;
    If you get these two hats, don’t buy the Red Lion Hat for 100 Tokens;

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I have 380 left after getting the sparks, Smokescreen, and two of his accessories. Since they are going to give an extra opportunity to get prizes, I’m going to hold off getting Phase Shifter. Hopefully the daily quests will continue to give tokens or they have a makeup day of competition.

Joel
    @joel687

@millforce2k, @armourbender, @datguygamer

Before the whole app went crazy, did any of you get a chance to try out Smokescreen? Is he better than the other two Blues bots? (Planning who to focus on upgrading)

Meh
    @mehh

Best of the three. Single shot, but more frequency. Only drawback was occasionally it’s shots would create so much smoke, it would obscure your vision. Definitely worth the get though

Joel
    @joel687

@mehh – Thanks. I am trying to decide who to use, and I was thinking about how all of the newer bots seem much more powerful. It looks like he will get the sparks in the next working competition, then

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@joel687 Only tried him once at level 1, but looks like he had potential. I’m surprised that he isn’t constantly showing up on the map like they usually do when first unlocked. Maybe that was one of the tweaks in the new update.

Joel
    @joel687

Nevermind… Brothers in arms are being used for the ironically named Implosion event. Time to move to someone else

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@joel687 Nope, I couldn’t try him and my regular nodes don’t work as well. My game is currently just there, I cannot play anything.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Sarcasm mode on: Rant mode on due to frustration.
    Brothers in Arms… That can be our name as we group together to persuade Rovio / Exient to compensate us for missing Sparks in Implosion event.
    Please join the revolution by doing a petition at https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/latest-update-issues/
    Which is a thread started by Lewie.

Instead ironically in ABT the Brothers in Arms are made up of cheeky mischievous Blues Brothers who like to prank others. This whole missing the Implosion thing makes me feel like I was pranked.

There. I’m done venting and cooled off my jets.
    Sarcasm mode off. Rant mode off.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@joel687
    Good question about which Brother in Arms characters to upgrade.

Tested on iOS old 1.23.3.9 and not the new 1.24.7 which has Explosive Force fixed but if you can get it to load ;)

Fully weaponized Smokescreen at level 14 on the Map Node takes about 4 to 5 shots to kill off a Walking Mortar Tower. Also using +10% Defense and 10% Transform and Sunglasses +5% transform and +10% Damage (no Explosive Force).

Fully weaponized Bluestreak at level 14 on the Map node takes 6 or 7 shots to kill a WMT. Bluestreak shoots 1 time and it explodes 3 ways on impact. This is with +10% damage Christmas hat and +10% launchers which employ Explosive Force.

Prowl shoots 3 times in a row and similar strengths but I’ve never seen him on the Map Nodes and I don’t want to cycle through characters using up 1 gem each try.

Hope that helps!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@armourbender Keep your sarcasm mode on. It gives me a good chuckle among all this frustration I have.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@datguygamer
    Anytime bro, anytime :)

Asen_77
    @asen

@armourbender Unfortunately this will not change anything with Rovio …

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@asen
    I have no regrets for trying…

After all, life (and Rovio and ABT) is unpredictable and full of surprises.

You never know for sure, what you’re going to get.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Wishing all ABT-ers good luck, good fortune, and all things good for you this Rooster year :)

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

I am wishing for another event? I am getting boring xD

Joel
    @joel687

@elpapam – I totally agree. I hope the next event starts tomorrow

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Looks like ABT withdrawal symptoms are getting worst. LOL :O

Hoping for a new event that is working well.
    Thanks in advance Rovio / Exient.

Joel
    @joel687

@armourbender – Totally ABT withdrawl. Looking forward to a few contests where I am not trying to get a bot. I can just relax, get some sparks and some accessories. (Only missing Deadend and Chromia)

Aledromo
    @aledromo

Still mad I missed their Dead End offer since I didn’t check the token exchange in that window. Say, know what would make me feel better about recent lost progress?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Chinese new year event

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.