Caution: Free Roll in Friends' Pig Machines NOT Free (Patched)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Caution: Free Roll in Friends' Pig Machines NOT Free (Patched)

• My lucky coin count decreased by 3 when rolling the free roll at a friend’s machine for two days in a row now. This seems like Rovio’s way of making your bar reset yet still continue to use your own rainbow bar’s level…

In any case this is either a programming oversight in an attempt to patch the guaranteed set item method or on purpose…

• • •

NOTE FROM ADMINS:
    Rovio is aware of this issue and
    (1) are working on a fix, and
    (2) we believe have disabled friends’ Golden Pig Machines while a fix is in progress.

• • •

Bug Patched in v1.1.2

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Replies
  • pancaro
    @bertellifabio

Others can confirm on thaT?

qzh_83
    @qzh_83

Yes, i do find that after the “free” roll in golden machines, my gold amount decreased.

Bossk
    @henjovr

Hmm, I haven’t been paying attention, but that would be a major bug.. very sloppy programming and even worse testing if it’s true..

They fixed the exploit (understandable, but annoying since having that really made it fun for me – even though I only used it for a short time), but should really make it free again and compensate the gold.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I’ve sent an e-mail to Rovio; hopefully they will fix it. As I’ve read ; it’s a common bug and people are NOT happy about it.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Thank you for the report everyone. I have pinged Rovio about it and hope to have a response soon.

JoshSP1985
    @joshsp1985

I’ll just flat out quit the game w/o the free friends roll.

That’s the only thing that made this game fun for me.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I guess I should be glad that the interval between free rolls seems to be getting longer. I haven’t had one yet today, and normally I would have.

Zeke Kaiser
    @zekekaiser

It happened to me. No more friends’ machines I guess.

MistyMissChristie
    @mistychristie

Can’t be “Free” if they take payment for the roll, lol….false advertising on their part, I think ;-)

burbman
    @burbman

wonder what happens during the free roll if you don’t have the three snoutlings?

MistyMissChristie
    @mistychristie

@burbman said “wonder what happens during the free roll if you don’t have the three snoutlings?”

An interesting question!

MistyMissChristie
    @mistychristie

I haven’t had a “free friend’s roll” in nearly 30 hours….any one else have that happen?

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mistychristy — Yeah, I haven’t had a free roll at all today. Last one was yesterday morning, later than usual.

burbman
    @burbman

Well, I tested to see what would happen. After today’s golden cloud level, I got the riot, and had 21 LC. I used up all of my LC on the golden pig, then watched the video for the free roll. Free roll went through as normal.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mistychristie — Slim said he thinks they have disabled the friends free rolls while they fix the not free bug.

MistyMissChristie
    @mistychristie

@mvnla2 … yes, that’s what I concluded also.

RedKnight
    @redknight

Same here, I’ve been camping for the free roll the last 2 days, but it hasn’t appeared yet. It’s very valuable IMO, because I save the lucky coins for the last 2 classes I’m missing.

[EpicBomber]
    @epicbomber

Well – that explains why no friends roll in quite some days – good they were able to address that without having to push a new software release – hope it’s back soon though as need to upgrade some weapons and offhand items.

Bossk
    @henjovr

Seems indeed like the best decision for Rovio to do:
    Disable the buggy free rolls while they fix the bug and release the hotfix (1.1.2 probably) later.
    Good call IMO, *if* they release a hotfix soon.

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

Would be nice if we could get our LC’s back. Those things are like $$

cheeky
    @cheekyorth

i lost about 9 LC’s without noticing. rage mode activate

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Reply to my support request to Rovio:

The developers disabled the free rolls from friends to avoid people losing any extra Lucky Coins. We will compensate the already lost Lucky Coins when the next game update with the fix comes out. Apologies for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

Best regards,

Jenni
    Rovio Support Team

They didn’t say how they were going to compensate for one lost free roll on your friends’ machines each day.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Is there an update on when this will be fixed? I used to be able to spin on Piggy McCool’s GPM every 2.5-3 days, but haven’t been able to for weeks since this bug was discovered. Occasionally I get a message that Piggy McCool has used my GPM. Also it seems like I’m getting the free spin from watching a video only 2 times/week. At this rate it is going to be a couple months before my rainbow fills up.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@killerkea I don’t expect this issue to be fixed soon, sure I may (and truly wish) be wrong. I assume they are trying to compesate loss from “full rainbow” glitch that was massively exploited.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Caution: Free Roll in Friends' Pig Machines NOT Free (Patched)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘Caution: Free Roll in Friends' Pig Machines NOT Free (Patched)’ is closed to new replies.