Bludgeoneo – New Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Bludgeoneo – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 116 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

A lot of my runs today have had hardly any flying pigs at all.

Lots of the new type of TNT crate, though.

I wonder if this is a another JARSU or if they’re just being lazy and recycling the maps from Day 1?

Overall scoring on Day 2 is much lower than on Day 1, I’d say around 2/3

Although 160K (L8) should be reachable, I don’t think there’s any way that I can get to 240K.

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

Bludgeon vs Brawl

Bludgeon has good area of effect, brawl is a single damage tf. Bludgeon all the way.

Also is octante bumblee decent at least. The higher rate of fire should be better.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@daniel-cho “octante bumblebee decent” ? No way! Only Rodimus Prime from the Bumblebee based characters is somewhat strong and good. Otherwise the other two bumblebees are fro decoration or better to cement them and drop them to the river or sent them via rocket to the sun for demolition!

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@daniel-cho
    Bumblebee and High Octane Bumblebee are only good for missions. The same goes for Heatwave, Ultra Magnus and Energon Soundwave. And Skywarp, Starscream and Sunstorm. These are my dream teams for missions.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Day 2: 29 runs, no Unicron.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Day 4: Walking Mortar Towers

Rovio’s way of giving the finger to everyone who promoted Grey Slam Grimlock.

Phillips
    @phillips

Probably switch back to Energon Grimlock today. For the targets I will miss not sure if the x4 bonus is enough to use Grey Slam today. Energon is 140% while Grey Slam is 85% (340% as bonus squad).

Joel
    @joel687

WMT day with no energonicons… Time for Dead End to reign. So far, my purple crown Dead End is ahead of the purple crown Grey Slam Grimlocks on my board. (Even with their x4 bonus)

I haven’t tried it in a while, but is GSG really that bad at wmts?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

My main concern with GSG is firepower.  It’s just barely enough to take down a WMT if you have good timing and don’t have to do too much leaping about or shooting down missiles.

Lemongrab
    @lemongrab

Yes, Grey Slam Grimlock can kill WMTs (2 to 3 seconds per WMT) if:

• Level 25
    • Top Hat +40% Damage
    • Sword +16% Weapon Cooldown
    • Incendiary Rounds
    Asen_77
    @asen

Long live Dead End :)

Phillips
    @phillips

@joel687 his firepower is matched to his speed so it takes a while to take down a WMT so you either continue firing and get smashed or you transform to dodge the lava balls and as a result don’t get enough time to destroy them.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@phillips (Level 15) GS Grimlock’s beam destroys easily WMT’s lava balls. You don’t have to dodge them.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Even if you destroy the fireballs you still need to take your weapon off the WMT which wastes precious time.

Also, still need to dodge Falling Monoliths.

Lemongrab
    @lemongrab

Your aim is to destroy the WMT not the fireballs. Remember that you can only do damage to WMTs when they are moving. Once it stopped walking you can’t deal damage anymore.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

As soon as it showed W.M.T.s I knew it was Dead End time. Several of his accessories have been upgraded through those boxes and are down in two shots.

Has anyone tried the darksaber for UM? I still like the flail despite him being nerfed. The medallion seems the clearer of his accessories to get.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I’ve got the medallion so far. I’m still pursuing the sword, but I won’t be spending gems for this. If I end up below the 5000 tokens necessary, I will spend on Sparks and other accessories that I still don’t have.

Since I’m not putting too much effort in this event, I’m switching bots to check their effectiveness.

I will end up using Dead End more frequently now, instead of EGL. His firepower is great, and on this WMT day, he really rules. I could kill every single WMT with him. When I use EGL, my second best, I usually let a couple of WMT escape.

On competitions with two TF’s I will definitely choose Soundwave as a second bot instead of UM, I have no doubt now. Soundblaster would be even better, but I haven’t him promoted yet. TNT crates don’t scatter blocks around the screen with Soundwave, and that happens with UM. Not to mention that UM must shoot twice to destroy some stone blocks that are not very close.

ph
    @ph

Will someone tell me if it is better to use an accessory with damage or one with defense?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@lemongrab

The point of destroying fireballs is to prevent damage to your TF.  We don’t all have maxed out armor at L25.

@ph

I guess it depends on your style of play.  But I only equip defensive accessories if I don’t have an offensive accessory in the same slot.   The name of the game is to rack up as many points as possible, and it’s rare for a TF to die in a single run unless it’s something exceptional (like you encounter Unicron during WMT day).  Of course, you’re almost guaranteed to have at least one dead TF in the Sparkrun, but there’s not a lot you can do about that.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Picked up UM’s Medallion accessory a couple of days ago and Overpowered UM to L16 yesterday.

Still need to pick up the three Spark Canisters.

After that, we’ll see if it’s still feasible to earn enough tokens for the Dark Star Saber.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@lemongrab

Actually, you can (or could, I didn’t test it recently) destroy a WMT after it stop moving. If their HP is really low when they stop, UM used to kill them due to the effect of his acid rounds.

Lemongrab
    @lemongrab

@optimuspig Even a lv 25 can be killed by WMT’s fireballs. Maybe I’m not used to hitting them anymore, but I did it with E-Grimlock back then (lv 15 and the only character I use is E-Grimlock).

@ramonpontes
    Are you sure about that? My GSG can kill a WMT within 2 seconds but can’t kill a WMT with a pinch of health left when it stopped moving. I tried it many times, do damage then stop when its health is very low and wait for it to stop moving then hit it again.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@lemongrab

So then why wouldn’t you shoot them down?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Normally I’d be begging for Unicron to show up, but that’s probably not such a good thing on WMT Day.

On the other hand, would be nice to see Boss Pig.  17 runs and still no peep out of him.

Lemongrab
    @lemongrab

@optimuspig I just realized why. I stopped using characters with precision weapon (Grimlocks etc.) then switched to characters that destroys pile of blocks and pigs (Soundwave, Blaster etc.). They are not good in hitting those fireballs so its either I engaged with them (WMTs) in a shootout or just dodge those fireballs instead. I’m also used to hitting missile when it’s very near because the characters I often use can’t hit it when it’s far away.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Bludgeoneo – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.