Arena strange player behaviour

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Arena strange player behaviour

• Having a weird experience in the arena this week. I first noticed on Thursday that the player competing with me for top spot this week is changing their name and picture every few hours. Really spooky.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
  • Buster
    @doulgas

There was a period last year when that happened several times during arena tournaments. t first I thought they were different players until I clicked on the details that showed identical FP, clan membership, etc. I couldn’t imagine how that would give anyone an advantage so I figured it was just people with enormous supplies of gems fooling around.

More troubling was one week when two players came out of nowhere to take the top 2 spots in legendary league on the next to last day. They would have had to get something like 500 points in a couple of hours. Fortunately, the next morning they were gone, so I assumed they were cheaters who got caught.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@doulgas , glad it’s not just me. I have screenshots of every change I saw with the detail of the player as well, like you said. It is definitely one person, with lots of money and a different sense of humour I guess. I am monitoring closely for a big jump as well. Losing 2000 black pearls today would really make me angry.

This is a known bug. If someone leaves the nickname field blank, the game will keep assigning different random names.

grammyK
    @grammyk

That’s a terrible patch. They should just use guest#### like in AB Friends. It was like having a stalker.

foulmouthedleon
    @foulmouthedleon

I had this the other day as well. All of my opponents were white-framed and had generic Angry Birds names (Buzz McFly, etc.). They were all around 800 FP, had the entire pig hat set, no hatchling and an azure slingshot. I beat them all easily. I was initially concerned, but now that I’m playing against real people again I miss the easy wins!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Arena strange player behaviour

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.