Arena Season 6

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 601 through 625 (of 718 total)
  • Replies
  • Pointless
    @pointless

The crashes are why the first thing I do upon booting the game is enter my Nest, then switch over to Arena. If the game is going to stop with the prevalent “Unfortunately Angry Birds Epic has stopped” message, it invariable does this upon switching between these two nests. If it doesn’t, then I know I am good to go safely. This works for me almost always, and although annoying, definitely saves aggravation later when a crash can be very costly.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

@jadedbacon
    Basically, sometimes when one of my birds is down, once my turn is up, instead of having the counter bar gain one charge, it loses it, just like that, by itself: it goes back instead of going forward.
    This can happen multiple times during the match and even multiple times on the same bird, resulting in a bird never reviving again… I saw this happening after I started noticing something was wrong with the revive counter, I often had birds taking 4 turns to revive instead of 3, so I started using Witch as a safety net for when that happened (usually on Chuck) and during one of my recent matches, I had my Chuck not reviving for 5-6 rounds… every time he gained a charge, he had lost it the next round, never ever reaching the 3 charges required to revive.

To answer your question directly, no, it’s not the Sonic Set effect, it didn’t happen when the enemy Chuck attacked me, it happens when the enemy turn is over and it’s my turn to attack/gain charges… also, I’ve faced only a few Sonic Sets since the patch is out, so I’d have noticed if that was the the point in common between all the matches I experienced this bug.

Honestly, this is a very serious issue, I can somehow manage because I don’t need to grind for points anymore since I reached Diamond some weeks ago and I usually complete the objectives in 2-3 matches (if 5 are not required), but I can see this bug killing the hell out of people patience if they’re still competing to advance league…

metztli013
    @metztli013

Well…. the instance where I watched blue’s counter roll back could have been due to the enemy using the Sonic set. At first I didn’t know what the heck you were talking about, but then it dawned on me (the set) as I was staring into space thinking of nothing in particular. Honestly I don’t remember if the enemy had Chuck that was using that set or not. I was already in rage mode so thinking logically wasn’t an option =P

But if what RedYoshi45 said is true, and the counter would be reset all the way to 0, then that is not what happened. So I really don’t know? However, there were multiple times that the birds counters didn’t move at all. Just stayed blank. So there is definitely something buggy going on somewhere.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@metztli013
    I’ve got the Reset set myself and I’m using it in the Arena, quite effectively to say the least. If it procs (25% chance that it does) the KO counter of a random enemy is reset to 0. And only to 0. There is no chance that it goes to 1 or 2 or something. At least, not for as long as I’m using the set. :P

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The “Win battles without KO’ing birds” objective today has killed me. :'(
    I obtained it, but twice, a chain attack suddenly procced and killed an enemy bird RIGHT when the banner died too. And I got two strikes. Afterwards I was gonna do the last remaining objective (kill 30 birds – I HATE it when I get conflicting objectives) but my next enemy had 1000 HP too much on his banner and I got unlucky with the rage chilli being like 99% filled when I needed it. :(

15 minutes and I’ll get the next objectives. Currently at #6.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I find those are both pretty easy objectives. Kill 30 is a natural consequence of winning a bunch of fights. No KO simply means you switch up your gear and classes to not take any AOEs or Chains if you can help it, and hammer the Banner hard and fast.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@graugeist
    I can’t help the chains, my non-chain equipment for Red and Bomb is MUCH weaker than the chain equipment. Especially Red’s. :(

Yeah they may be easy alone but I got them on the same board. Which means additional fighting because the objectives conflicted with each other.
    Also, the No KO objective isn’t that easy for me because I don’t really have the right classes for it. I used Paladin, Princess/Bard and Capt’n to complete it. It didn’t seem like the perfect combo for it but I don’t have Sea Dog.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Also to add, I can only win 3-5 fights before the enemies get so strong I keep losing again. My team is ~1000 power which really isn’t much (banner having 16k health), plus the only sets I have are Dragon and Reset, and Angry and Sweet for the banner.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Oh. OK, got it. In that case, prioritize on the 3k, then the 1.5k.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

After having a session of enchantments, my power rating is currently 1355 for a Level 42 (my level) team but I do have all Set items at Level 44 though. This time I’m going to drop down to Platinum and for the last week of the season I am again going for Diamond.

Pointless
    @pointless

What gives? Just encountered Teams with Elite Mage three times in a row, all with Valiant Set. Who is using this Set right now? These must be Rovio plants trying to promote players to spend on the Event to get the new(ish) Class…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Probably people experimenting with Elite Mage. Also, people *should* still use Valiant if that’s their best set.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

Why would people want to expierement with Elite Mage? It has the same skills as Mage just 10 percent more attack and health. It makes sense though, mabye people feel that the +10% attack and health is making Elite Mage a better class.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Because it’s new, and they want to see whether 10% is enough to make the class viable.

Pointless
    @pointless

Elite Mage is decent, but (Arch)Mage was decent. This doesn’t mean that the Class in any way approaches Wizard as a general purpose Team member, so why even experiment, given this is common knowledge at 50/12, like all the Teams I am facing. A niche class with definite uses, but no more so than Rainbird, and less so than Lightning Bird and Illusionist.

I do cede the point about Valiant…if this is your best Set, even with its bugginess, then it will probably remain a go to. Not everyone has multiple Sets Enchanted to the same level.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Huh? How are Lighting Bird or Illusionist even playable?

Pointless
    @pointless

Lightning Bird is very playable in a Power Team, coupled with Sea Dog and Samurai/Paladin…the benfits are obvious. Illusionist is not great, but more generally useful in terms of an AoE heavy attack than Mage will ever be. Given that this is (or was pre-buggy Valiant) the norm, again the upside is evident.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I suppose, although I don’t see how either of them are better than Wizard.

Pointless
    @pointless

Wasn’t that exactly my point? Wizard is, by far, Chuck’s best. Mage (and by extension Elite Mage) is, at best, a support Class.

angryde
    @angryde

Unbelievably, it seems like I’m going to reach the diamond league this season. I thought I’d no chance with an APR-1250 ‘Venomous’ line-up. I didn’t even play my first battle until week five… pleasantly surprised.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I am seeing Elite Mage used by my usual opponents. I guess it’s because his health is greater. Similarly I see Elite Knight for the same reason I think. I did try EM out but that’s because I am completing some of these new objectives when I don’t have them to find the best teams.

In my opinion Wizard is still Chucks best class but Thunderbird and Lightening Bird are extremely useful. I played very successfully in an earlier season, when the only banner I had was Blessed, with Paladin, LB and Seadog. I also used Time Jump at the time. It’s a great team and one I use for the 12 Class objective.

Pointless
    @pointless

All of Chuck’s Classes have their uses (not sure you can say that about other Birds), I just think Mage is probably the worst of the choices (not that it’s unplayably bad). Probably why this class got the Elite upgrade :)

angryde
    @angryde

A miracle…

diamond.jpg

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Congrats. :D

angryde
    @angryde

It was touch and go there… and I was deeply pessimistic. Lol. Thanks.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 601 through 625 (of 718 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.