Arena season 13

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena season 13

Viewing 10 replies - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

@marquel-letory-mcghee

I’m not sure what you mean by “friendship wheel”? I was talking about re-spinning the reward wheel by using friendship essence (the pink heart-shaped currency).

Being level 80 with relatively low mastery classes, and/or relatively weak weapons is actually fine, I think, since the game only matches you up against opponents with power levels around 15% – 25% higher than your own, no matter how high you manage to get yours. (Obviously at some point there’s an upper limit, and you end up fighting against teams that are equally as powerful as your own, but that requires fully enchanted weapons, shields, etc., which is extremely difficult to achieve.)

For what it’s worth, I still occasionally have some battles that take me five, six, seven minutes as well, even though all my birds are L80/M80, and most of my weapons and off-hand items are L80/E5. My average is probably around four minutes, though I’ve never actually kept track, so I’m just guessing here.

But yeah, the job and the family are the real impediment to doing well in this game! If you can’t devote six hours/day to it, don’t worry. That makes you just like most of the rest of us. The fact that you’re even IN gold league at this point is pretty impressive. I’m still in Silver, myself. (Although I’ll be moving up to Gold this week, for sure. Unless someone makes a crazy run in the next couple of days, I’ll be winning my leaderboard. I’m at 43,220 at the moment, for reference.)

As for the players with weak banners and strong birds, I think that’s their way of creating mismatches. Keeping a weak banner allows them to fight against teams with relatively stronger banners, but relatively weaker birds, which may be an easier way to play. I’ve never tried it, but that’s probably the theory behind why they do it. Maybe it’s worth a try?

MarquelMcGhee
    @marquel-letory-mcghee

@poptimus

Yes, sorry for the miscommunication.  I too was talking about the reward wheel.  You use friendship essence to re-spin.  I haven’t seen that wheel in the Arena in about three weeks, and I’d heard that Rovio got rid of it there because of crashing issues.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.  I guess I’ll just bite this one this week, and try to climb again next week.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@poptimus
    If you opt for underpowering your banner leaving your birds with your top mastery/classes/we5apons/equipment, you are going to face teams with a comparable banner: this assumption brings to match easier games and usually let you grind quicker matches. This fact is largely conformed but, IMHO, should be used with the goal of promotion to a better league in mind when applied and not as a “rule” or a “bug”.

Games played this way are, infact, so boring and useless that I quickly Lose interest on the “playing itself”.

For example, my actual best team/banner combo can sum up a total strength of ~6700-6800 points. This brings me to face teams with 7000-7700 strength. against them, if I make good moves and they play badly, I can win but games are slower. If I underpower the banner, the average opponent power came down to 6000 and games are simple and quick.

I suspect that anyone making more than 3000-4000 points from pure games at low levels of arena use this trick ad standard. Facing M80/L80 teams so frequently that are paired with casual banner and weapons can confirm this words for sure ;-)

If you want “challenging games” like me, will probably continue playing with your top classes and top equipment. :-)

@sebth

Thanks for Friendship.
    Isn’t strange that, almost anyone am I facing, regardless their Level, seems to have MANY MYTHIC emblems, often fully enchanted? I own only two and I’m playing for the mythic chest’ reward because It seems to me the only way to grab another One (hopefully not an useless One ;-))

Seb
    @sebth

@poptimus @maxxmatt

In my case, you go too far when you speak about a theory to underpower the banner. I’m not a big fan of the arena, so I prefer to spend my shards in weapon/shield instead of the banner/emblem.

Now, I play the arena because of the 400K reward and because I lost a week of progression due to synchronization problem between devices (7 * 5500 lost…).

Since the beginning, I only got two mythic emblems and two times the same : Weakness. Mythic Chrono is my favourite.

Anonymous

@marquel-letory-mcghee

I don’t understand what you mean when you say the reward wheel hasn’t appeared for you for three weeks. How can you fight an arena battle and not get a reward for doing so? Here’s a picture of what I’m talking about:

IMG_3859.PNG

MarquelMcGhee
    @marquel-letory-mcghee

@poptimus

Once again,  you are correct,  and I wasn’t clear.  My apologies,  I feel kinda silly for being slow…..

I do get the wheel after a match.  What is gone is the chance to double your rewards after spinning by watching a video.   I misread earlier in your comment that some people were using that option to increase their points,  instead of understanding that they were using friendship essence to re-spin the reward wheel to get the highest number of points from a spin.

We’re on the same page now, sir!

Anonymous

@marquel-letory-mcghee

Well there’s certainly no need for you to apologize! But I’m glad we got on the same page. I also haven’t seen the video doubler option in a while, and your explanation for why makes sense. If it’s freezing some peoples’ games, it certainly isn’t fair for others to be able to use it.

tuliner
    @tuliner

I did not play two seasons, I removed the game, but I’m back in the 13th season
    Path of Exile new season, new orbs, new occasions. Where is the best way to learn to use orbs? At Odealo, it’s worth buying some exalted orbs, it’s amazing. I buy Exalted Orbs and I’m proud of it. If you are looking for a trusted store with PoE currency like Chaos Orbs or exalted orb, then buy them on a trusted site like this one https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

@marquel-letory-mcghee

I haven’t seen the Watch-A-Video-To-Double-Your-Arena-Score thing since the 2.4 update. I’m pretty sure it was removed intentionally, and it’s a rather small loss. It wasn’t added very long ago (the twice-daily video option to double event scores has been around for a lot longer), and was worth far less than the daily bonuses. That said, it did give me an incentive to log in and grind arena points more often than I otherwise would have (not sure if that’s good or bad).

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

Just got the final Season Collection reward today, a Mythic Shroud. Turns out it was level 80, while the mythic emblems from the GPAM are level 82. Still, if I didn’t already have my Mythic Chrono Quest from before, I would not have been disappointed.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena season 13

Viewing 10 replies - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.