Another movie promotion that punishes players

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Another movie promotion that punishes players

• The game now has another of those “promotions” in which they give you a more powerful buddy, but make you forgo an upgrade material for it.

It’s for the Angry Birds movie, of course.

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/ratchet-and-clank-movie-advertising-node-no-upgrade-materials/ is the thread for the last such “favor” they did us.

Rovio — if you want to do that to us, fine. But will you PLEASE not send messages pretending we should be pleased about it??? I find myself getting quite angry about that insult to my intelligence.

@gradientturtle

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
  • MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Yep. Time to run regular nodes while offline. Good thing it doesn’t affect the competition nodes.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I got so frustrated with the Ratchet and Clank one that I refuse to see the movie ever. Even if it is on TV for free. Hopefully I don’t get that mad at the AB Movie.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

The angry birds movie nodes are annoying because they don’t give materials

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I spit on both movies, Ratchet/Clank and Angry Birds alike.

This is particularly obnoxious during a competition, however. Upgrades, missions, etc. are a little bit complicated by the requirements of the competition, which means that the node sabotage due to the movies is particularly hard to take.

I found myself getting angry all out of proportion to the importance of the matter before I calmed down.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@20Qmindreader,

Unfortunately, there are times when that doesn’t wholly work. Why? Because you don’t always know at first what material a TF is sitting on. I’m in exactly that situation right now. I have 4 or 5 nodes that definitely have valuable stuff (an egg or multiple chips), and I simply don’t know what the other 1 or 2 have.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@20qmindreader Lol, I do the same thing with Heatwave! He’s basically useless now even accessorized. He keeps spawning in desert nodes and fortunately, most of the time the material is Birdium. I just let him sit until the movie pop up, however most of the time he immediately spawns again.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I’m still doing upgrades, so all mats matter to me somewhat, and I’m likely to have needs for specific mats at specific times.

So I’m just ignoring node-running for the duration of the competition, and hoping that the destructive ads go away around the time that the competition ends.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Unfortunately, the ad is still there.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Another movie promotion that punishes players

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.