Angry Birds Space v2.1.0 available on PC!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Space v2.1.0 available on PC!

• Many PC players cried when Rovio announced that no new game nor existing game releases would be available on PC from Nov. 2014, however, I just discovered one exception to this disappointing fact: Angry Birds Space v2.1.0, which was the most massive AB game update ever (30 classical levels + 260 Mirror World levels) and was officially released on Jan. 2015 somehow became available from the Steam platform at some epoch, and, at the moment of writing, still is:

ABSp_Steam_g.png

The game does not seem to be significantly different from the previous PC versions. It features all the then existing episodes (only Solar System, which was released 5 months and a half later is not there):

ABSp_Steam_a.png

The then brand new Brass Hogs levels are available:

ABSp_Steam_f.png

Together with the mission system to unlock them:

ABSp_Steam_e.png

As well as all the Mirror World levels:

ABSp_Steam_d.png

The only diffrence I could see wrt the standard, now discontinued PC game is the existence of a Leaderboard, obviously conected to Steam users:

ABSp_Steam_b.png

Unsurprisingly, those leaderboards have their lot of cheaters (see this Mithrandir guy below), but unexpectedly, they work the same way as the ABO Game Center leaderboard works, i.e., for each level the best score between non PU and PU scores are kept, which give better scores, but which is somehow inconsistent since no PU can be used on this nor any PC versions:

ABSp_Steam_c.png

If you already have the standard v2.0.0 PC version, you must pay again to get this one (since it is not purchased from Rovio but from Steam), and it costs around 5 EUR for Europe.

Another difference is how and where the score files are kept. They are the same files as usual, but they are not in your local folder such as C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Rovio\Angry Birds Space, but instead are (at least for me) at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\somefigureshere\someotherfigures\remote . Also, there is a cloud system that syncs your local savegame with Steam’s server, so be careful when the game asks you which one one has to keep.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Space v2.1.0 available on PC!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.