Angry Birds Epic version 1.5.4 is live

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.5.4 is live

Viewing 17 replies - 51 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Replies
  • Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@davidt18 the latest update took away the cg opponents

There4IM
    @there4im

Thanks! I was wondering why these popped up. I had starred everything…

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer, @smwforever45,

Why have we 2 stage missing/without 3 stars banner ?
    I have always my 1026/1026 stars in my nest.
    Can you explain me ?

Thanks

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@grimmjow
    Two South Beach levels have been removed in 1.5.3 (they modified the tutorial a bit), and instead added them back in as one Eastern Cobalt Plateaus level and one Red Giant Woods level.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@smwforever45,

Ok but if I make them, I will have 1032/1026 ?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow Two levels were removed from South beach and instead put in two different places. So it became 1020 stars and then 1026 again but in the star collection menu, visually it still showed 1026 stars even after removing those levels. You won’t have 1032 stars.

@smwforever45
    Yoshi, have you updated the mastery thread yet? Haven’t heard from you in quite a long while.

Kingpiggy Pool Toy
    @kingpiggy087

@smwforever45 What does the new tutorial look like? Because I’ve already completed it before the update, so I can’t access it in tutorial mode again.

Removing one of the South Beach battles took away the only one with the triple banana main prize (at least I haven’t been able to find another). Grinding for Fruit Cake materials just got a bit more tedious :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kingpiggy087
    Ask @datguygamer. I can’t access the tutorial either, I’d have to reset my game.

@s320p380

This whole banana thing makes me feel like I’m among the Minions or something. XD Just grind for water and seeds instead, or take the single banana prize that appears in a few levels.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kingpiggy087 I made a video on it though:

Note the tutorial was changed in 1.5.3 but the two levels originally removed from South Beach was not properly implemented. That was done in 1.5.4 where they removed two trainers and thus put those two missing levels there.

@smwforever45
    Also, you don’t need to “reset” anything. Just log out of your Rovio account and clear cache from the app settings. Upon rebooting it will download approx 10 Mb of data and then the game will start up fresh. You can then just log back in.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    There is no such thing as “clearing the app cache” on iOS. If anything I could do it on Bluestacks but I’m not signed in to a Rovio account there I think.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@smwforever45

@datguygamer

On iOS you just need to uninstall and reinstall the app. That should start you back at square one, and you can still just log into your Rovio account (from the totem pole in the nest) once you are ready to get back to “real-time”.

I am fairly certain I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times on iOS and nothing gets lost. I do appreciate that Epic is a cloud-saved game…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 In that case just uninstall and reinstall the game. You will be auto kicked out of Rovio account without any profile loss.

@sutekh137
    Thanks for your reply but actually I don’t like that Epic’s cloud based system is from Rovio. If somehow the player accounts linked to their servers collapses, those accounts will be permanently lost. FB links on the other hand uses E2E keys which Rovio accounts do not unfortunately.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@datguygamer

If Rovio’s servers go down, what is the value of having a safely-saved game over on FB? You wouldn’t be able to play it anyway, as Epic requires an always-on connection. If you are talking about security/privacy, well, I don’t see how handing your keys over to Facebook is any more secure, and I don’t really care if people see my awesome mastery-maxxed team, anyway. *smile*

Not to mention, if save games are only stored on Facebook, can Rovio restore backups for you? Back when I played Go! (before they completely destroyed it with the so-called “version 2.0”), I had my save game get corrupt and nothing would open with any of my progress. Rovio was able to restore a backup from 30 days prior, which was fine since I was just in maintenance mode. Not sure they could have done that if my game was saved on FB and got corrupted over there.

The bottom line for me is that I like cloud, regardless. I do adb backups on my Android-based games, but the cloud becomes especially useful when you need to fire up Blue Stacks or go cross-platform (I went from Android to iOS for Epic when I got an iPhone 5s, for example).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sutekh137 “Handing your keys over to Facebook”, that’s a good one.

See Epic is an online game but as long as they want to keep support for the game it will stay no matter how many times it goes down. So even if one server goes down, you don’t have to worry as it will restored later. But if you lose your progress, Rovio cannot always guarantee your backups but Facebook and those keys (aka the encryption algorithm certificates) can easily backup your recently damaged saves UNLESS you tamper with the game somehow and corrupt it. That Rovio cannot give us via their cloud save is what I’m saying.

I like cloud save but I like to keep my local saves myself so that it’s upto me to decide and I like that more. If you want to go cross-platform you don’t need cloud save; a local one will do just fine if you know where to put it. It’s just that cloud save is an easy process and thus even non-tech savvy people can use it. But since I know what I am doing, I never use cloud save as I don’t need to. Even for Epic, I always keep a local backup in case my profile dies.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@datguygamer

Your points are valid, I guess I’ve just had good luck with games stored on Rovio’s servers, and I don’t like using Facebook for much of anything (I regularly go through and delete any apps linked to it, because it would have been a mistake for me to link to it in the first place).

As far as cross-platforming goes… How would you transfer an Android-based save file to an iPhone? I am talking about ease of transferring even without rooting Android or jail-breaking an iPhone. Without rooting, all you can do is make an adb backup — you cannot grab a single file (that I know of). And on the iPhone side, how would you put the file in the right spot so it looked like a valid save game? I know there are various utilities out there that supposedly let you do all that, but I have not known any of them to work properly. Or, if they do work, they are game-specific. Are you saying there is an Epic tool that will transfer the local save-game files from an Android device to an iOS device? News to me — do tell!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sutekh137 That’s what I am saying, cloud save gives you an easy solution without going through any trouble while local saves need a lot of prerequisites but they work just as good if you have them fulfilled. Rooting and/or jailbreaking is just such a prerequisite.

What I am also saying is that no matter the platform, many games will always use the same file format for their games for storing files and unless the folders are hidden away in the kernel, you can copy paste the data folder (which may contain bin, dat, json, jdat, dfiles which are usually kept as storage formats) in some games to make backups. Otherwise you need admin access but nowadays most people do that so it’s not that farfetched. If you have root/jailbreak then there are apps but otherwise no.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.5.4 is live

Viewing 17 replies - 51 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.