Android vs Apple

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Android vs Apple

• Am I crazy, or are the dynamics totally different for Apple and Android? I watch some stategy videos, they almost all are made by Apple users. The levels seem to just lay down for them. I use Andoid. I can make the same shot, same place, do it all exactly the same, and my result is nowhere near the same.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
  • burpie
    @burpie

@kisin038 The levels should all be the same for all platforms. In AB Space the overall leader uses an iPad, I got my second place with an Android phone, and the guy in third place uses a PC. We’ve all played those levels to death and discussed them amongst ourselves, and we all follow the same strategies. If you hit the same point as the walkthrough, you have the same potential to get a good score. Only very rarely is there a difference in a specific level (less than 1 in 100 levels).

Of course… there’s also a lot of luck involved. You can play the exact same shot a dozen times and get a dozen wildly differing scores, even on the same device. The way we got our top three spots was by playing every level 100+ times.

The only thing that’s different, is aiming references in the background. Apple iPads have a different resolution than my Android phone. So if a walkthough says to aim just under a star in the background to hit a pig on the ear, I may have to aim just over that star… but I still want to hit the pig on the ear :-)

justpast40
    @justpast40

@kisin038, while I don’t believe the dynamics are totally different, I’ve always thought there were ever so slight difference between platforms & devices. I’ve been flinging here on ABN for about 3 years, primarily (95%) with an Android phone, but for the past 15+ months also on an iPad 4th generation.

As @burpie points out, the resolution is different. I’ve seen instances & I wish I could remember the level (I think it was ABSW), where the top of an iPad screenshot showed a section not even visible on my Android phone, no matter how the screen was zoomed. In this case, I think it made a difference because the comment with the screenshot referenced a tapping point at the top of the iPad screen that wasn’t available on Android; it simply wasn’t possible to get a shot high enough to try to replicate the iPad user’s suggestion.

I don’t understand how there couldn’t be slight differences between platforms, then again I’m actually waypast50, not just past 40, so I pre-date PCs. I think it’s also important to remember that these videos are being made by top AB gamers, not occasional players.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@kisn038 — There are some difference between platforms, most noticeably between size of platform: I quit playing on an iPhone because it caused too much eye strain.
    * On a tablet it is easier to make finer adjustments in pulling back the sling. On the other hand, I think that sometimes it is an advantage to have a variation that you can’t control (ref. @Rat9 and his fat fingers). After all, how useful is it to repeat the same slightly incorrect shot endlessly?
    * The difference in background is more than just resolution, If you follow the advice of someone on a different platform, who says to pull back until the bottom of the bird just touches an item in the background, you are likely to find your bird missing the mark by a large margin. Aiming references relative to the foreground are more transferable from platform to platform.
    * There is also a noticeable difference between some platforms in frequency and number of points obtained from self-destruction on some levels. Vague enough? See the forum on self destroying and unstable levels for more details.
    * The strategy videos shown on ABN are all made by the admins, and they may all use Apple devices. Shudder when the walkthrough description says that “this level is difficult.”

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Android vs Apple

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.