Amazon App store Transformers – crashing before loading

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Amazon App store Transformers – crashing before loading

• Is anyone else playing ABT on Kindle? This morning the app is loading the first screen to 100% showing the characters and then just quits and returns to the home screen of the tablet. I submitted a ticket to Rovio. It’s just odd since there was no update showing and it was fine last evening.

The kids are going to b e ticked if they lost all their upgades, coins, pigs (they had close to 60k) etc.

Any advice?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • BeeGuy
    @beeguy

I had the exact same problem on my Kindle Fire HDX. This after weeks of crashing during many different plays. I’m now at level 148 with 20,000+ dead piggies to my name, and getting bored with no new levels. I’m guessing/hoping that it’s choking on the long awaited new update and they just need to sort the bugs out. Hoping I don’t lose all my progress. Oh well, there’s still the always enjoyable Friends tourney to waste more of my time.

legnets123
    @legnets123

I recently started playing on my Kindle Fire after the problems on my iPad and Droid phone (won’t even open now on the phone). This morning I’m having the same problem as you on the Kindle too. I get a brief flash of Piggy Island – then the app crashes.

I filed a ticket with Rovio when the phone app started crashing – frequently. Their “resolution” was that the problem was because of my new, “high end” (their words) phone. Well, my iPad2 and Kindle Fire are neither new nor “high end”. Right now Rovio is zero for three with AB Transformers.

At least I learned my lesson and didn’t buy Jenga for the Kindle. I could only use it for less than a week on my phone due to the crashing. On the iPad that is about all I can play now – and it’s getting boring.

I sure hope Rovio gets their act together with this app. I do enjoy playing it – when it works properly.

boyskoegh
    @boyskeogh

I emailed Amazon a bit ago to ask that they reach out to Rovio on behalf of the customers. Amazon is usually pretty interested in issue regarding their physical goods sales. I will post if I receive a response.

Bit of a bummer since the kids were looking forward to the new upgrade and we were having Grimlock updated to level ten. :(

GA Birdman
    @gabirdman

I honestly beleive that Rovio could care less that the thing is crashing more than Dale Jr. By the way… I am having the same issue. What can you expect from a free game?

boyskoegh
    @boyskeogh

So the game started this morning without crashing. We are back to the first level. All the areas are clouded over and the coins gems and pigs are all gone!
    Any suggestions?

BeeGuy
    @beeguy

I was luckier, the game started this morning right where it left off. I won’t be surprised though if something catastrophic occurs at some point in the future. I submitted a ticket to Rovio and no response – I’m guessing they’ll just pretend this never happened or blame it on the user platform/device.

GA Birdman
    @gabirdman

I lost everything! I was at level 135, and had 26/35 achievements. I had also purchased 150 gems. ALL GONE! I have also submitted a ticket to Rovio, but I don’t expect them to do anything about it. Rovio has really screwed us this time.

legnets123
    @legnets123

I also was luckier. The app started with Grimlock completing his upgrade. That was good news. Everything appeared normal. Then I played an event with Grimlock. He worked fine – BUT I couldn’t bring in the other character to assist, nor could I transform Grimlock to avoid the incoming mortars. I went to play a second event – black screen.

I play on three different platforms, three different devices, downloaded from three different ‘stores’. All three ABT have problems. What they all have in common is Rovio. I don’t expect them to own up to the problem. :(

BeeGuy
    @beeguy

I must be the luckiest of all here. However, I’ve had the same sporadic problem of being unable to summon my friend during battle, and also unable to transform, usually when the lava balls come raining down – splat. I am getting the black screen but only when a particular PBS ad appears – when I close the ad, the screen goes black and I have to reboot the Kindle. To misquote Hamlet, there’s something rotten in Finland. And its name is Rovio.

GA Birdman
    @gabirdman

@BeeGuy, Did you ever get your game to bring friends in? I cannot even get it to interface with facebook.

BeeGuy
    @beeguy

@GABirdman, I gave up on Facebook years ago when it became popular with my grandmother and all her friends lol. But I have no problem getting my friend to play – in fact, I cannot play a round without selecting one when the round starts. But this all happens within the game itself, since I never try to interface with FBook. What happens to them after the round, I have no idea, maybe they get some points or something.

boyskoegh
    @boyskeogh

Upside about restarting… the kids aren’t rescuing Galvatrons. LOL I guess the wait between shots makes him too weak to care about.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Amazon App store Transformers – crashing before loading

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.