Adrift Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Adrift Event

Viewing 17 replies - 126 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • Replies
  • Joel
    @joel687

It’s official, they were wrong about the ending date. At least 24 more hours of competition.

Asen_77
    @asen

Event info from news is removed. They will change it and we will see how wong will continue this event :)

Joel
    @joel687

Based on the special event bundle, I have to think there is 24 hours left, and then 24 hours for the token exchange

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Why is it that an event can’t go without at least one major screwup?

I’m not quite sure how because it wasn’t intentional, but I got the game to give me 1000 tokens at the end of the previous challenge even though it said that I came in second place for my final score (which I was intially not happy about until I realized what had happened).

@optimuspig
    I don’t know the answer to your question, but it is probably because Rovio/Exient is too greedy (especially during special events) and too quick to release new updates to this game (and other Angry Birds games) before they have finished ironing out all of the glitches and bugs that are not intentional. It’s one thing to have special events now and then, but to keep shooting them out like they are bullets in a rapid-fire machine-gun is too much for us players, and it is probably, also, too much for game and the game’s servers.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Version 1.23.3.9 is now out. It is now 02:16 UTC / GMT+0. I believe it came out just now… ~24 Jan 2017 @ 00:00 UTC / GMT + 0.

Joel
    @joel687

I updated to 1.23.3.9 a few hours ago. That was right around when people started to see Smokescreen in the characters and as a buddy

Deszaras
    @deszaras

I havent seen anything different since the update. Smokescreen was already promoted before the update.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Because that’s how Rovio rolls.

sheepybach
    @paul13

I just had the new blue as a buttie and he fires a single rocket and is so different from the other 2 blues with those stupid bouncing bombs. He was at level 10 and caused a fair amount of damage.

fumuthabeotch
    @fumuthabeotch

Would be nice if they offered Dead End this time too. I have some tokens to spare that I would rather use towards Dead End than useless coins.

zeppled
    @zeppled

Don’t hold your breath. I think Rovio just threw it in last time to drive people to play and spend gems on future competitions. You have to admit it’s an ingenious way to get those who already have everything to play. Hats off to you Rovio, you’ve actually managed to take greed and deception to a whole new level. ?

sheepybach
    @paul13

Glad this event is over as the last 3 days I failed to complete the Daily Quest as I needed 10 Flying Pigs on each day and I never saw 1 at all in event runs or normal runs. Unreal

Well, I was finally able to unlock Drift, although I’m not happy that it cost me practically all of my remaining gems in order to do so (I currently only have one gem left) which I had to earn enough of quickly in order to compensate for the amount of tokens that I was still missing. I hope that for the next event, I can earn enough tokens to unlock whatever Transformer available for unlocking through the Token Exchange for the next event (especially if it is Dead End or Smokescreen) without spending any gems because I need to use that time to recover all of the gems I had to spend, so I don’t plan on trying very hard to earn any tokens if I find that it is going to cost me any gems that I may not have to spend.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@sntrooper
    Wow your prediction came true! OMG!

Well done!

Quote @optimuspig: I think the working theory now is that Dead End was supposed to show up for the End of the Road event, and that Drift was intended for the Adrift event, and that someone at Rovio swapped them by mistake.

I don’t think so. Since the introduction of sparks every event’s bonus squad has been the squad of the character that was available in the last event.

11/30 – Soundwave Superior – Energon Fueled – Ratchet
    12/7 – Ratch’ll Fixit – Rescue Bots – Shockwave
    12/14 – Happy Holidays – The Cybertronians – Wheeljack, Ricochet, Windblade and Skywarp
    12/30 – Happy New Year – The Wreckers – Accessories
    1/4 – Wreaking Ball – The Wreckers – Rodimus
    1/11 – End of the Road – The Hotrods – Drift and Dead End
    1/18 – Adrift – [The Hotrods] – [Epic Optimus]
    [1/24] – [Chinese New Year] – [The Iconic Transformer] – [Smokescreen]
    [2/?] – [?] – [Brothers in Armor] – [Starscream]

[] are guesses.

So Drift being available in the event before a Drift themed event fits the pattern. If there was an error it was Dead End was supposed to be available in the Wreaking Ball event. I think him showing up now is just them trying to get people to spend their gems so they will buy more to be able to compete to get Smokescreen. I’m not falling for it. I’ll get Dead End when he is available for tokens.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

I’m going to upgrade Starscream for the next event.
    And get my Brothers in Arms ready too. Too bad for Chinese New Year event they don’t have a score bonus multiplier.

Thanks @sntrooper for the hints. :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@armourbender I am looking forward to the next event. Maybe I will be able to unlock all of the seekers.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Adrift Event

Viewing 17 replies - 126 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.