accessories

• Any ideas on what accessories I should save my gems for?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

The 25 gem headphones that add +5% damage seem like the real bargains.

So far, those are the only ones I’ve ever bought. All my others come from contests or whatever.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

What do the transform power accessories do?

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

Buy the best gear for those transformers you’ll probably use in contests – Soundwave and Grimlocks. Aim for offensive upgrades first, then for defensive when there are free slots. “Time as transport” I find to be fairly useless (although maybe in early levels it may be not so).

For everybody else, see if there was a contest for them and what are chances that the future contest will bring you accessories with much smaller investments. Beyond that, just buy whatever you like and don’t bother regretting.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

IMO, I’ve found that the accessories that give you explosive rounds or just more fire power in general make a reasonable difference. For instance, the shoulder pads, which give you explosive rounds for Energon Starscream make a huge difference and I think are worth the gem expenditure. The energon cube and expanded clip size for Energon Lockdown also made a big difference in the node performance. I haven’t found that the transform power accessories are even noticeable in performance, but that is probably more related to my game style. The only time I ever transform is to avoid the falling monoliths or to get through areas that have no targets. During the one of the February competitions, I found it beneficial to get the cool down sword for Energon Grimlock. That was when a lot of TF nerfing happened, so hard to say now if the difference is as big.

There are also TFs that are just under powered and no amount accessories really make them better, case in point – Ultra Magnus. I’ve spent quite a few gems on accessories hoping they would make him not so lame to no avail. Did they improve his performance? Yes. Is he still underwhelming? Absolutely.

otter
    @otter

One thing that I found is that some of the accessories I won or got through compititions did not stay active…. In other words I had selected the accessories but after time they were not on my TF’s… So I had to re “attach” them….. Not sure if any one else has noticed this…. But now I check periodically….

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@otter were those tfs waiting on the astrotrain at the end of a node?

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@otter I noticed the same thing, starting with the Pilgrim hat.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.