ABTF Challenge Events – Bugs & Issues

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum ABTF Challenge Events – Bugs & Issues

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 379 total)
  • Replies
  • Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I’ve seen “Paperboy” as both an NPC and as a competition player, but that could be an honest coincidence.

Also, I imagine Rovio employees play the game. At least, I’d like to think they do …

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

@smokescreen, that is a very very weird thing !! you must inform Rovio or the developers that show up here in this forum !! of course i have seen Admin2001 as buddy hundreds of times but never in an event !! this is so unfair and you have to contact them !!

Smokescreen
    @smokescreen

@sukerman13 yes I informed rovio of this as well as sent them images. They insisted that Admin2001 was a real person, even though I gave them a screenshot of Admin2001 as a buddy when not connected to Facebook. They claimed that perhaps it was a real person using the same screen name as the computer generated name during the competition. And yes that name was in an event during the Epic Optimus Prime event. (I forget the specific name of it). I was met with remarks as such that they couldn’t assist me in the matter.

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

@smokescreen, oooooh i see !! that was a clever thing by thay guy to put a nickname as one of the most seen buddy….oh well…!

Smokescreen
    @smokescreen

@sukerman13 Thats just it. I don’t believe that it is someone else.

TriPolar
    @tripolar

@smokescreen Great catch!! I’m in complete agreement with you on that.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Did they make a change where you can have numbers in your competition name? I couldn’t when I created mine. If that’s still true, Admin2001, or any player with a number, is computer generated.

Gweag
    @gweag

Is anyone else having this problem? When the commercial ends (usually Abrevia or Hyundai), I’ll get the Transformers shield, then the screen goes black and I’ve lost one of the four energy pods, leaving me with only three shots at adding to my total. This has happened six times during this Enter The Silverbird challenge.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@gweag

I get the same thing. Luckily, it only happened a couple times. I found that after I hit the arrow to go to the static ad screen, it will always crash/freeze if I hit the “X” before the screen loads. If I let it fully load, it wouldn’t crash. Since the end of the contest, I’ve seen them more and letting it fully load wouldn’t always keep it from crashing. I now force close as soon as I see those ads.

acwb16
    @acwb16

The Silverbird competition caused my game to crash – not even reinstalling helped. I tried again with the new Lockdown competition and it’s the same thing. I don’t know if it’s worth a support ticket, because last time I basically got ‘the game doesn’t work well with Kindles and it’s the Kindle’s fault.’ I can play the game if I disable the wifi, but it slows collecting coins and materials way down and I have no chance of completing squads or getting new characters.
    I can’t say I’m a fan of the competition model.

Geli
    @geli

Since the thread title says Challenge Event bugs, here’s one I am experiencing using an iPad:

-News feed announcing the event is blank. A notification was received, but either it does not open or does not contain information. I’m lean out towards not opening.
    – Where is this challenge? I’m not getting an icon in the usual location that displays the countdown of time remaining in today’s challenge.
    – What update? Numerous posts on this forum mention an update to version 1.14.x.x
    No update has appeared on this device, which still runs v 1.13.1.5 . Past updates were clearly noted when signing on via the text accompanying the progress bar at the bottom of the screen.

Am I missing something? Should I be looking for update notification in my device’s settings?

And since the OP says so, here the mentions suggested by @mighty-red-1

@gradientturtle7
    , @arceemega

Nsu
    @nsar

The update was available for my ipad in the itunes app store a couple days ago, competition started at 8 p.m. EST yesterday, still time to get in. Good luck!

Geli
    @geli

@nsar – looked again, not there.

Nsu
    @nsar

Not sure why, may have to be above certain levels? My daughter had triuble because she didnt have enough memory available on ipad. Just some thoughts/guesses, dont really know why you would not have access.

starscream
    @starscream

Still having the ad freeze issue during challenge events and then losing a charge bar because of it. Three times today alone.

sammer48
    @sammer48

What the heck Rovio, I have run 8 missions on the challenge today and crashed on 5 of them costing time and many lost tokens. Can’t play, can’t compete. Anyone else having this?

acwb16
    @acwb16

I have this same issue, @sammer48. Sometimes the game won’t even run long enough for me to start a competition run before crashing. And @gradientturtle7 & @arceemega, I had the same issue with the Silverbird competition. It happened occasionally with the CNY run, but it was still worth playing. @sammer48 what sort of device are you on? I’ve got a Kindle Fire.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

I’m not updating because of these bugs

Gweag
    @gweag

I’ve got the same issue with my Kindle Fire. During the last challenge, I crashed a total of nine times. I also had no clue that there were challenges at Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. My Kindle wouldn’t open the game during those times and I just figured it was an update gone bad. I’ve been told there’s no hope of getting those new characters. I hope they’re wrong.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Try starting the game clean, i.e. Making sure no apps are running. After a couple nodes, exit and close the game and restart it. I’m beginning to suspect that the game isn’t cleaning up properly after an ad plays and it’s still somewhat in memory.

@gradientturtle7
    @arceemega

Your thoughts on this?

eugene
    @eugene-alex

@gradientturtle7 @arceemega

This new competition has a nasty new bug that will rob you of your lead.

As this picture from last night shows I was in the lead and had a score of more than zero
    Screenshot_2016-03-24-22-15-27.png

I was playing when the competition ended and here is what it said my score was

Screenshot_2016-03-25-20-00-28.png

Not happy since I paid 100 gems (40 and 60) to secure my lead and I get nothing for my hard work

The changes in the numbers reflect several missions completing, one character upgrading to level 14, some gems earned and some gems spent to play this and get nothing.

arceemega
    @arceemega

@eugene-alex could you post current screenshots of both your main tournament screen and token shop as of right now?

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@paul13 and I are both dubious as to whether all the 10 point pigs are really giving 10 points.

In my case, it’s either that or else I went several consecutive runs without a single 10 point pig spawning, even though plenty of metal-box pigs did spawn.

@gradientturtle7
    @arceemega

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@franciscrawford @paul13

There are two types of metal-box pigs, cube and trapezoidal. Only the trapezoidal ones are giving 10 points. They seem to be few and far between.

arceemega
    @arceemega

@franciscrawford Look (very) closely at the image of the pigs you’re meant to be shooting. Look for them in battle. There are quite a few different kinds of pigs.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum ABTF Challenge Events – Bugs & Issues

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 379 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.