ABT FORCING me to update!!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum ABT FORCING me to update!!

• I just tried to start the game, and at 95% startup I got a popup that says:

Update Required

A new update is available including important changes. Please update to continue.

Well guess what, Rovio. I don’t want to update!

I’m quite happily playing v1.5.19 for iOS.

Unfortunately, I don’t think that I can avoid this. Even with my data/wifi turned off, I’m getting this message.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I may just not update at all, and bugger this game.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@optimuspig

I can play without update yet.
    But this update seems to be ok. She corrects bugs and does not remove the advantages of the exchanges in the lab of the pig.

sammer48
    @sammer48

I just got the same Update Required screen and it will not let me access the game. Does anyone know if I am permanently locked out or be forced to update? Thanks

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@sammer48 I updated the game and now I wont let me play it- it just shuts me out on the title sreen

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

They forced me too. This happened with the last update also. Held out because I didn’t like what I heard about the new update until they forced me. So I took the plunge. Loaded fine. Haven’t found any major problems yet. Now to figure out Professor Pig’s Lab.

sammer48
    @sammer48

Thanks @sntrooper, I feel i am being forced to update but your reply helps. I just updated my IOS, will try to update the game later. @rowdypup are you on IOS and did you update both as well?

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@sammer48 it’s not on iOS yet (I play on iPad)- I just check my bro’s Samsung tablet from time to time

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I couldn’t find a workaround, so I bit the bullet and updated.

So far so good, but this whole Energonicon thing has me a bit bewildered, and it’s going to take me a while to master the best way to max out my silo.

But if I start experiencing crash bugs, then that’s it.

sammer48
    @sammer48

@rowdypup I too am on iPad, and like @optimuspig I too bit the bullet and went for it. I updated IOS to 8.4.1, then TF to new 1.6.23. Did not lose any progress, tf that was updating is still updating so all looks oK for now. Will report if anything changes.

jman
    @jman

Man, talk about the way they do business. That’s pretty grimey. I guess they finally figured out a way to make u upgrade on ios. I’m still waiting on final response on android where it updated with auto update off. So not happy. I’d rather have the wrong node cleared bug back than this level of hell. I just want to blast pigs the old way. No missions no lab just actually play.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@All

Does the synchronisation work now ?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@jman

“I’d rather have the wrong node cleared bug back than this level of hell. I just want to blast pigs the old way. No missions no lab just actually play.”

+1

The game as it is now, is virtually unrecognizable from what it was when it first launched.

Traveler
    @traveler

I also did not update with the last revision. Currently rank 310. Tried to access game (using IPad and could not open the game) and got message that I needed to update in order to continue game. After updating, I get a message asking me to log into Game Center which I had not gotten or done previously. Made the update and will try this version.

Anonymous

@optimuspig @jman And Rovio isn’t done yet. There’s still one “Coming Soon” building left. Wonder what new rewards system that will add?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Probably something that’s going to suck away even more of my time than it already is.

I realize that it’s partly due to learning curve and transitioning to the new system, but I must have spent at least 3x as much time as I normally would have this past weekend playing the game in all its aspects.

A lot of it is spending time in Professor Pig’s lab. And I’ve also gone mostly to 4h and 8h missions now, rather than 12h missions since I need lots more Pig Iron/Birdium under the new system (since you can only transmute materials “upwards” not “downwards”).

I’ll be curious to see what the next major game update does. I really can’t afford to spend much more time on the game than I already am – I’m probably spending too much time on it already, it’s starting to interfere with my life and work, which is a bad sign.

jman
    @jman

@partshade @optimuspig

NO MORE JUNK UPGRADES…..AYE

Just got a new phone but don’t trust the lollipop updates so am sticking with kitkat as my kitkat phone works just fine , audio on phone calls went out both ways, no one can hear me and I can’t hear them. Other than that all audio works fine.

What gets my feathers ruffled is now you have to have a connection to data in some way or game will not load. So now I load game on wifi before I leave house and can play till I get a glitch which happens sometimes.

I’m able to keep up with coins and materials just with playing missions and not even bothering with the lab so far, but I am at rank 244 as of now.

I did do the recipe for photon and it’s bad*** for playing nodes. You can find it on energonicons post.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@jman

“I’m able to keep up with coins and materials just with playing missions and not even bothering with the lab so far, but I am at rank 244 as of now.”

Yeah, at Rank 244 it’s not an issue.

But once you hit Rank 270+ (or 290+ if you’ve unlocked the Blues) then you’re going to start needing Super Rariums and other materials in massive quantities. Especially if you’re planning to use gems to speed up your upgrades. At this point, using the recipes to convert materials to SR and gems is going to consume more and more of your materials.

jman
    @jman

@optimuspig

By my calculations it would be at level 12 I might run into problems. 29 tfs at level 11 is level 319. I’ve got 4 tfs at level 11 now and 5 @ 10. The rest are level 6 through 8. Not much items and SR needed. My main goal is to 5 key without video on all missions then bring every other tf up to speed.

Coins and gems have sucked the last 2 days on missions and I’m now low on both. No more speedy upgrades for me :-(

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Even 3 L13 transformers cannot achieve all 5 keys in the Hard Portals, rather they end up with just 4 and last key by watching video!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“Two level 13 tfs are enough to get 5 keys on an easy mission.”

Most of the time. I’ve actually missed it on occasion using 2 L13 TFs.

Although I suspect it’s because I was doing a 12h mission at the time.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Just launched the app for the 2nd time today and this morning, I was able to harvest coins, run a few nodes, etc. But, this 2nd time I was greeted with the pop-up message, “there is an update available, you must update the game to continue playing”. Since Rovio is really Lacuna, Inc., I play boo boo the fool and click the pop-up message to update the app. Aaannnnddddd — wait for it — it fails to load. The screen is frozen at 95% with the message, “You must update the game to continue”. Nice.

jman
    @jman

Jeez I just got 4 with 2 L11 and 1 L10 on hard you would think 3 L13 would be 5 on harDecember ones.

This morning I got a notification from Lookout saying Angry Birds Transformers is safe. Ummmm I still have auto update off how do they keep pushing the update?

This is the second time I’ve noticed this and didn’t get anywhere yet with Rovio from last time.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“Ummmm I still have auto update off how do they keep pushing the update?”

They can’t force you to update, but they can prevent you from playing again until you “voluntarily” push the button to do it.

jman
    @jman

Dude I literally turned on device this morning went and made coffee and then saw what lookout said….. I didn’t push the update button. I swiped the one that says which apps updated before reading.

Once I get home I can look and see which apps updated lately to see if it’s the only one. I’ve got other apps turned to auto update off so if one of them updated recently it’s a Google play problem.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

“Two level 13 tfs are enough to get 5 keys on an easy mission.”

Actually, I just finished an Easy mission where a L14 + L13 weren’t enough. Luckily I had slotted in a third TF just in case.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum ABT FORCING me to update!!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.