About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 3,326 through 3,350 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Joe B.
    @joeb

So tired of arena winnings only being possible with gems..I had a similar problem with “steak weekend” when the only match up on level 8 is an unrealistic opponent with all 5 spells and of course you guessed it…over 100 FP over mine. After changing the opponent 4 times (paying a total of 60 gems) the FP actually increased and still all 5 spells every time. He finished with a 25M point lead…go figure.60 gems more wouldn’t touch that.

They ruined it. I don’t mind throwing down full 5 spells but that’s not even close. Very disappointed and also done with making this win streak a goal of mine.

Eric
    @luffen

The same here, level 1, i have to fight with spells, and when i Got to level 3, my birds have very littel effect, Big red bounce OFF, bomb the same, silver ditto, but blue Can brake anything? BLUE, waste off time, spells and gems/money.

I cant remember when I could afford to win a full wining streak

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I’ve stopped playing the arena for the time being. It is not worth the stress.

Pomme
    @pomme

I haven’t played in months. Last fall I think. Played yesterday and today. What have they done? It’s terrible. Video after video. Nothing but videos. And no matter what you do the birds are mostly useless. 5 full on hard hits to the king pig and nothing. Not even a bandaid. Just rocked a bit. Micro pigs are totally indestructible. It is no fun at all. The TOF is a joke. Didn’t even get the first 5 without 2 pigs. Always have to use a full set of spells due to being outranked. It’s nothing but a data suck and a money racket. Been playing since the original. What an absolute shame that greed has destroyed one of the best games ever. Y’all have fun. That was my last game. Deleted.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@pomme, make sure to write on review how do you feel about game chances. New players better know before they get invested. ;)

Maybe someone at Rovio notices the dark path they’ve taken, too.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@pomme Maybe copy/paste your experience in my current thread called “Farewell, Flingers”. Maybe if enough people get fed up with the game as you and I did, and it’s recorded in a single thread, someone at Rovio will read it, wake up and figure out that maybe they’re ruining their product for the sake of greed.

Or, we may save an innocent newcomer from jumping headfirst into the pit of impossible gaming return.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@djlarryt, maybe an honest reviews at Google Play or whatever is apple equal would get more visibility and have a better effect? Nothing wrong in making the same review in that thread, too.

I’m not suggesting a campaign, but after one is through with game, one can give the most honest review. Like what was good and what was bad. Most players don’t even know the Nest… and perhaps someone at Rovio would notice, too?

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Great idea @rawdatasystems. I’m off to iTunesStore to rate the game :)

Pomme
    @pomme

I wrote a review yesterday on iTunes. It was fairly long and still didn’t cover all of the issues. One complaint I have are the ages they consider suitable. The gambling adverts with half naked women. Games with violence, killing people. Children should not be exposed to that. I can’t see a 4 year old watching those. I will copy paste my post in the other thread. I really hate what they have done. Loved the game. Play it anywhere. I didn’t mind spending some money. But not to the extent they want. Not even remotely. I’m surprised Apple allows it.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

I’m puzzled how Rovio gets around about legal issue with certain ads, specially as gambling ads are illegal in Finland. Then again, Rovio does not seem to have any standards what ads they accept into their games.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

Thing is, AB2 is now a gambling game in itself. Anything that involves the turn of a card for payment (gems) is gambling.

In other news I think the arena odds have been turned up since the last update. I’ve found it much more difficult to get through the first two levels. Opponents with a lower FP are racing ahead, sometimes up to 20m. Pigs are being left behind and I’ve noticed Silver has become weaker.

Fun times. Not.

Buster
    @doulgas

Maybe too many people (like me) were just playing the first 3 levels so as not to waste spells and gems on rewards of questionable value.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Pigs are left behind… and I’m positive that on some occasions micropigs are either created after the fact, or more likely, they are hiding behind the blocks occupying the same space at the same time as the blocks.

Sometimes, after running into micropigs in previous rooms, I check the room more carefully than usually. I’ve had several times a room with no micropigs, but one may appear after breaking towers to pieces. It’s really demoralising to see micropig under huge pile of tower leftovers, perhaps reachable only with the same Terence you just used to demolish that tower in first place. Then again, nowadays even Terence is a wimp. If you have Bomb, it would only blow up few pieces from the top of the pile. Options there would be extremely limited.

No wonder why I’m sometimes so anrgy after playing AB2. It really feels like AB2 was created just to test the limits of my patience… that is already worn thin by years. I could take a vacation from AB2, but FOMO is real.

That being said, later levels of Arena feels very difficult now and “opponents” getting really overpowering.

Xora
    @exora

did Rovio remove offer for 80 gems? omg rip off sh*t ;/

its seems hard for me to add cards whenever ive almost defeated by opponent… goddammit, rovio fuuuuu

Tara D. Van Cantfort
    @tara-d-van-cantfort

I don’t understand…….when I am playing in Silver league…..why are the other players all Legendary or Diamond…..why aren’t they all Silver?

Suzq
    @suzq

Any tips for getting better scores in the arena?

I seem to score pretty well in clan vs clan, often getting similar score as people who are way above me in fp, but in the arena i cant seem beat anybody, even when i use cards.

Buster
    @doulgas

@suzq, what arena level are you playing in? I’m sure you’ve figured out that the competition gets tougher as you move up.

There are no foolproof strategies that I’ve found, but in general:

1. Only play the first 3-4 levels. Make sure your “extra” bird is active.

2. Accumulate as many spells as you can. Chili peppers are especially useful because they can bail you out of trouble.  I always use a ME spell if the reward is a treasure chest. (Gems don’t matter as much even though they can buy additional birds — does it make sense to use gems in order to win gems?)

3. If you have superior fp over your opponent, pick at least 3 spells. That seems counter-intuitive but if you have the advantage, go for the kill to get at least 8-9 stars.

4. If your opponent has the advantage, pick a couple of spells anyway and play a room or two to see how it goes. You have bad rounds, right? So do your opponents. If he gets a big lead, just quit. Any spells you’ve loaded but don’t use will be returned to your stash, so try to avoid using the spell(s) unless it looks like you’ve got a good chance to win the match.

Suzq
    @suzq

Thanks for the tips, i will give them a try. :) i havent been playing very long, I’m just on azure level right now.

Buster
    @doulgas

Once you get into the higher level leagues, a few victories will help build up your supply of gems and pearls. You get 1000 of each for legendary league, for example. Don’t waste gems on crap like “continue” to draw another card.

Oh, and if you want to win arena weekly tournaments, pay attention to the times of day your competition is playing. By the middle of the week it becomes clear who’s really trying to win and what times of the day their scores don’t change. The tournaments end Saturday at 6:00 pm where I live. If I see the main players’ scores don’t change during the afternoons, it’s probably the middle of the night where they live, so you know what you need to beat them.

Xora
    @exora

I realized the last 4 days spells didnt get decreased no matter how many times i play, and today when i used mighty eagle, is started decrease like idk wtf happen with AB2 lately.

Am i the only one who face this issue?

DDeck
    @ddeck

@exora

Since the latest update, there were two problems with spells. Apparently many people were reporting that the number of spells didn’t decrease when they were used.

I also noticed that if I filled the destructometer multiple times, I would NOT get back any extra spells.

A day or two ago, it appears that things returned to how they were before the update.

Buster
    @doulgas

Right, for a few days you could use spells with reckless abandon, knowing you’d still have them. It was nice while it lasted.

grammyK
    @grammyk

Such different experiences. I have played ab2 on and off (mostly off) since it first came out and only a few weeks ago decided to try again. Currently and in the past the arena is my favourite part. I can complete the streak fairly often and never spend any gems until level 7. Losing doesn’t bother me a bit because every win increases my star count a lot faster than playing the regular levels (which I detest due to the way they change when you have to replay). I watch all the videos to keep ticket supply on hand. Here’s hoping I don’t jinx myself by writing this post.

PourPete
    @pourpete

I’ve settled into a rhythm of getting bye in Diamond League. Some weeks I earn some rewards and some weeks I play just enough to keep from being relegated to Amethyst, but never enough to promote to Legendary League. There was a time when I earned Legendary and won there a few times. Eventually I realized I didn’t want that commitment in time nor stress.

Tonight (Saturday) my goal was just squeak bye w/o relegation, and I sat comfortably in 12th place. So, when the past week expired I was shocked to find that I actually won my Diamond League and I was promoted to Legendary!

Seriously Rovio? 12th place gets promoted?

No wonder why people are either reducing their play or stopping altogether.

lange
    @lange

We are “VIKINGS DK” and we need some small player, as most of us is 500-1000 and we need gamers under level 100, level 50 is even bettere.

We are a DIAMOND Clsn with 43 members, flockpower on 28.000 (4 are on vacation) and we have room for 3 newbies/very small players.

We do all events and everybode has to play 3 points and 6 if you can, beside that you just have fun, thats most important.

You will quickly become big via all the event rewards and from battle.
    If your over level 100, you are too big. It would be really cool if you just were started.
    JOIN US, THE SMALLEST GET 1 OF THE 3 PLACES…..

See you in “VIKINGS DK”

LANGE co-leader

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 3,326 through 3,350 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.