AB Go: replenishing sponsored power-ups?

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum AB Go: replenishing sponsored power-ups?

• What’s the deal when you run out of those sponsored power-ups…

• Kart Repair
    • Goldfish Boost
    • King Sling

Can you buy more with birdcoins, gems or cash? What do they cost?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@burpie I didn’t know they are limited. I did use Kart Repair for almost all champion races (except Stunt-3rd track) and I used Gold Fish Boost for many time fuse races.
    Costs are in bird cooins – 1200 for king sling and 600 for kart repair and speed boost.

burpie
    @burpie

@cosmo2503 You pay for them in birdcoins, really? Silly me… I thought that number by each power-up counted how many you still had left.

I only tried them twice after completing all of the races. That speed boost worked miracles in Vs. races at the hardest setting… on Stunt, track 3, it gave me 850+ birdcoins per race.

I suppose that’s not so great, however, if using the power-up costs 600 per race.

burpie
    @burpie

@cosmo2503 Update, I just used the boost power-up again in a Vs. race, and it does count down. I now have 17 more remaining.

I’m using version version 1.0.4 [0.45.0] of the game on Android.

So my original question still stands. Do you get the first bunch for free and then start paying in bircoins??

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@burpie, that is really strange. IOS players have 3 of each power-ups free then have option to purchase them for bird coins. At first they cost 200 coins for boost and repair and 400 for king sling. I am not sure at which point prices are changed to 1200 for king sling and 600 for other two, but the fact is that at my stage of game progress prices are as I said.
    Would like to hear some android users about that. I have game on my android smartphone but as i said previously I don’t play on phone.

burpie
    @burpie

@cosmo2503 On Android I make it 3 free slings (I’ve used 1, now have 2), 20 repairs (as yet untouched) and 20 boosts (I’ve used 3, 17 remaining).

I have no idea if I started the game with 3/20/20 or if I gained a few of those in the process of unlocking characters.

I’m glad to hear that these power-ups are still available for birdcoins after depleting the freebies. The game already has more than enough IAPs.

Thanks for the info!

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@burpie, as far as I understand Gold Fish Boost and Kart Repair are sponsored by other companies, so it would be logical they to be free. I assume there is option to enter code for more speed boosts that can be find in golden fish cracker bags.

waze
    @wazemank

@burpie It’s strange, I don’t understand… An example: I have version 1.0.4 on Android, only 452 birdcoins and no more free sponsored power-ups. I am going to start challenge 19 on Seedway, track 1, Race mode. King Sling costs 1200, Autorepair costs 600 and Goldfish Boost costs 600. So, I can choose these three sponsored power-ups and the birdcoins counter still is in 452.

I finished the race, now I have 613 birdcoins and I’m going to start the same race. Now I can only choose King Sling and Autorepair and birdcoins reduces to 13, and cannot choose Goldfish Boost.

I finished the race and start a new one. I have now 194 birdcoins. Now I choose first the Goldfish Boost, then Autorepair and finally Kingsling. And it’s possible! And counter still remains un 194.

So, It’s a mistery. Probably a bug in the game?

burpie
    @burpie

@wazemank That sounds screwy. So the game will deduct the coins if you have them, and if you’re broke you might get a power-up for free, or you might get nothing?

Also, you’re up to challenge 19?! I don’t think I made it past challenge 6 anywhere!

I am still collecting birdcoins for the next episode… now at 200k, quitting at 360k.

waze
    @wazemank

@burpie Yes, I think you are right. I don’t know the exact logic but you might get them for free sometimes if you’re broke.

Challenge 19, yes, but only 1,000 birdcoins versus your 200,000 :(
    Different ways of playing this game, I suppose. You are thinking in future and I’m focused on completing challenges and getting different karts.

burpie
    @burpie

@wazemank Yep, my own goal is to have enough birdcoins ready to unlock 3 new characters within 10 minutes of installing the next update. It’s probably still a long wait (2 or 3 months?) so I’m in no rush. Oddly enough, even with your and Cosmo’s excellent information I still can’t decide if I want to use my remaining free power-ups for collecting birdcoins.

I’m not that interested in the challenges because you can buy your way through them. This makes any stats meaningless as a measure of skill. Also, I’ve had my fill of completing never-ending challenges for the fun of it with with Jetpack Joyride… let me check… 35/35 achievements and I completed those missions 6 times over before I became terminally bored.

As for collecting/ upgrading karts, no matter what you drive or how much you upgrade, you never seem to improve your odds in Vs. races. After beating Chuck I spent probably 70k birdcoins maxing out my 4 current karts and it’s been a waste. So no more of that, thanks. Maybe the $50 karts are different but I’m not going to pay to find out!

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hello guys I didn’t know you were gathering on this new topic.
    Well I have some questions and wonders .
    Like @burpie I am not interesting on got more challenges ; neither to upgrade my karts; also for know I don’t need more karts.
    Well. I have 326k’s on birdscoins and 108 Gems . I do not want to lost my gems ; but …!!! Maybe I would like to increase my birdscoins . We al,ready finished the first part of the game: and we are wainting for next update…!!! To increase our birdscoins we have to play challenges right …!!! Or what else we can play and I don’t know.!!!!
    How I can increase my Gems and not to lose any…!!! Play safely and win safely .
    Know about power ups ; during my play on all 4 episodes y did used mostly : the slight shot it was many; many times …!!! But if I used again every time of use it’s going to be 1200 coins…!!! So better not to use!! Right . I am little bet bore . So …!!! On this game I have many choices : I can increase on GC some aquievements like 300 powers ups ; 90 challenges ; and some others; going back to the game, … @ burpie ; @cosmo2503 and @wazemank: which sponsored powers ups you guys are using the most know; or which ones you recommend the most.!!!
    How I can increase my birdscoins safely : do I have to play challenges and not completed them. I mind start any challenges ; but cut the race almost at finished by the time I’ll get some coins and gems or this action doesn’t count to increase my score on birdscoins.!!! Or if I accepted to play the challenges I do have to finished. Example I am on Air 6 challenges if I replay again any mode once I started I have to finished that race by the time I collected a lot coins and maybe 1 or 2 gems ; then I cut the race. And replay again …!!!!
    I see only challenges to play ; or again what else we can play…!!! Hope you understand my point of view. I just want to keep playing safe and not to lost what I gain . And go ahead for more birdscoins and gems. Obviously using some sponsored powers ups if necessary .

burpie
    @burpie

@nacho18 To gather birdcoins I play Stunt, track 1, race event without any power-ups. You don’t have to win the challenges – just finish the race.

A great race can give you 810+ coins.
    A terrible race, less than 700 coins.
    On average I get 760 coins.

Since you use IAPs, the coin-doubler is a very good addition. (By now I’m up to 280k without the coin-doubler.)

waze
    @wazemank

@nacho18 (and all) We assume it will be possible to use the birdcoins and gems we are collecting now in the next update. Sure? I hope so.

I agree with @burpie. Stunt, track 1 is a very good option to increase rapidly your birdcoins without no charge (no sponsored power-ups).

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum AB Go: replenishing sponsored power-ups?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.