A point about the Grimlocks…

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum A point about the Grimlocks…

• I’m worried about the Grimlocks, especially E. Grimlock, getting nerfed.

Rovio, why do you think we’re all using him? Because for MONTHS, he was our only functional bot against all three Big Bads in competition runs.
    1. Unicron
    2. Boss Pig
    3. Hordes of nigh-unkillable flying pigs

The Galvatrons and Megatrons are a joke – weapons, reload, and cooldown. You had E. Soundwave and Galvatron nerfed so they weren’t options. Some bots don’t hit Unicron or targets on the horizon (Soundwaves and Valkyries, respectively). Some bots are crap against missiles (so, so many bots!). Some bots are just bad comedy (Starscream against damn near everything!) Some bots are so slow on reload/cooldown they’re worthless (the Lockdowns without accessories). The Bees are so fast we can’t hit half the targets! And then there’s the Blues…

Oh, the Blues… so nerfed they are terrible!
    I prefer not using Sentinel/Heatwave. I don’t enjoy using the Megatrons. I actively dislike the Galvatrons with their weapon issues.
    I actively HATE using the Blues now. They’re worthless!

For MONTHS now Rovio, we’ve had these issues. Who was left to sink the time and resources into for the best chance at the only way to get new bots? Who had the range, power, fire speed, and cooldown period that gave us a chance against Unicron, Boss Pig (so many extremely deadly missiles), and the unkillable flying pigs while letting us hit enough targets for decent scores?

The only option we had was Team Grimlock. Even Epic OP and Nemesis couldn’t stand against the Horde.

With the flying pigs nerfed other bots become better options. I love using the Soundwaves, Richocet, Brawl, and Bludgeon. Rodimus and Sunstorm are alright. The Lockdowns, with accessories, are looking like decent options. You’ll start to see more of them on the scoreboards as we sink the time and resources into them. But it took us months to turn the Grimlocks into the formidable bots we take to our arena – it will take time for us to catch up the others.

Don’t penalize us for using the only bot that worked in the environment you created Rovio.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
  • Andrew
    @andrewinireland

In fairness, I’ve been using Soundwave for this competition, it let me blow away all the people on the leaderboard who where all using E. Grimlock- the reason being is you can get two runs in using Soundwave to every one run using E. Grimlock. The fire-and-forget allows Soundwave to shoot-dash-shoot. Matched with the right Energicon he can hold his own against Unicron and Helipig.

acwb16
    @acwb16

With the flying pigs nerfed Soundwave is finally a decent option, and @andrewinirela is right – he just wreaks destruction in a short amount of time. He’s never been that great against Unicron or Boss Pig for me, but I suspect a few levels would fix that.

If I keep playing this dumb game. Don’t know what Rovio is playing with the gems.

Xenohart
    @pcguru

If you look at the leader boards during the events, E. Grimlock WAS everyone’s bird of choice, save for a few, random others. Soundwave also did well for me, but eventually, as Soundwave is so easily injured, I had to switch back to E. Grimlock.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum A point about the Grimlocks…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.