The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3086
  • 159668 Comments
  • Hey birdie friends
    Surprise my old phone s'tl works, might explain my bill?
    Anyways good news, had my last chemo treatment today :)
    Feeling better I think, by exhausted.
    Check in tomorrow ♡♡♡♡♡
  • @kathy Welcome back home to the BP! First visit this year, and you take back the crown :-)
    Glad you are done with chemo, hope the exhaustion doesn’t last too long.
  • Yes, welcome back @kathy, rather 5 1/2 hours in a traffic jam than chemo.
  • Well if it isn't the lesser spotted Boston warbler! Nice to hear your genial birdsong @kathy and hope chemo does it's thing so you can get on with your life. And sort your gadgets out!

Well @kathy is back, @desperatedan is out of a jam and ABO is our challenge today. All is well.
  • Finally decided to get my account back after i had been logged out for some reason, and forgot my password. Hope y'all missed me i guess.
  • Hey @azurill, it's pretty easy to get locked out of the Nest. Happened to me several times,but they can't get rid of me that easily. Anyway you made it back how's things?
  • I haven't been playing AB as much as I used to, but I do still from time to time, and I will play daily challenges again.
  • Well this is sad... i got an above average score, but 1 pig just barely survived. Ah well, goodbye potential 243k.
  • I wonder why we have a Seasons Challenge two days in a row. Anyone have a theory? Also, we did this level for the Challenge only 10 months ago. Has something gone wrong?
    @sweetp
  • It just so happens I logged into Theories 'r' us this morning. Here's what's trending:-
    1 This level is made for punching in coordinates to facilitate high scores. No 2 Bond villain Dr O has launched a cyber attack on the Nest to bring back this level from the dead.
    2 It's another case of deja voodoo(lot of it about).
    3 @sweetp pressed the wrong button(bookies favourite).
    4 @karen68 pressed the wrong button(long shot).
    5 Everyone loves Seasons except @desperatedan (favourite with the conspiracy theorists).
    There's ur top 5.
  • OK so apart from lying about his movements during the time he had covid, giving an interview while knowing he had covid, refusing to get vaccinated and being an all round bad egg, what's wrong with Djokovic?
  • Yes, are we really supposed to believe he was relying on catching Covid in a very tight window of time, just to get to Oz. That's what it seems like. The whole family are getting far too much airtime moaning on about how badly he is being treated when it's all massively self-inflicted.

Allegedly.
  • If you want a conspiracy theory @brianN, what about the one that is saying we have to be vaccinated in order to win a puppy.
    Just light the blue touch paper and stand back...
  • Just noticed I have 9 out of 15 scores in the top 20 of an episode of Ham 'em High, with a few more between 20 and 30. Is it worth going mad trying to force the other 6 levels into the top 20 to get a badge? Probably not as I won't have all the proof I need. Getting things past the guardians of the Nest is harder than getting into Oz.
  • Haha @BrianN excellent theories.
    My non-conspiracy thought is there was a glitch & this level is some kind of default, since it’s appeared a few times in the last several months.

As for Djokovic, ugh. It’s got to the point where he & the whole situation are just sad & pathetic. He should just bow out gracefully & go home so we can pay attention to the rest of the (vaccinated) players & the excitement of the first slam of the year.
  • Oh well said, Superb Owl.
  • I must admit news of Djokovic and covid has become as tiresome as news about the Conservative Party and parties.

Now for some real news. I file this story under I for "I don't believe it!" ©Victor Meldrew.
    M&S have changed the name of their sweets 'midget gems' to mini gems for fear of offending little people!
    What next? Fruit pastilles might upset gay people. Wine gums alcoholics. Cadbury may have to rebrand 'flake' as it surely denigrates the mentally ill. A free pint for the best offering. (in @hunnybunny's case that would be a pint of whisky.
  • Don't want to put you off going for Sharpshooter badge @desperatedan, but I think you need top 20 in all 45 levels if I understand the rules correctly. Go for it though, you'll massively boost your scores overall.

Boring theory @karen68, who said truth is stranger than fiction? Think Moonsaber score is able to withstand any number of challenges.
  • @desperatedan sharp shooters badge is easiest in Space Mirror World, although I got mine in Rio Timber Tumble
    Blame me, if you don’t get one
    I set it up, in the days when I really Loved Flinging!
  • I’m only second in Timber Tumble now; Stevie with the dead dog keeps posting double count points scores,
    You either know what I’m talking about, or else you may think I’m mad
    Probably both
  • Have you been on the whisky @hunnybunny?
  • Btw I know you set up the Sharpshooter badge and you did a great job, even documenting which episodes the badge was achieved in. Kudos, never been the same since. Have you thought about picking up the cudgels again? Or are you too pissed? (metaphorically).
  • Lol @hunnybunny that sums it up perfectly.
  • @Briann too pissed off, metaphorically
  • @Hunnybunny I know what you are talking about, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t think that you are mad too! ;-)
  • Nice shooting today @catsnbirdsnsquirrels. Haven't got the patience for these 'prepare birds in a pepper sauce, marinate for 2 hrs, fire at pork and Place in the oven at 200°c for a further 2 hrs. Et voila, a perfect score.

Come on guys, who the heck is Stevie, and how did his dog die? Did you kill it @hunnybunny? You seem a little Timber Tumbled about this guy.
  • Sorry if I am being dim, but where can I read up about what all the badges mean? I seem to have
    acquired 2 new ones today but I am not sure what they signify.
  • And drinks all round. After 3 months of hard effort I have gone from 13th to 12th on the ABO leaderboard. Not impressed? Oh well, I'll get bladdered by myself then.
  • Dan Nice-but-dim has a certain ring to it. Thought you must've been cooking up some crystal meth a la Walter White you were so quiet.

If you go to the badge icons and press each one individually it will tell you what it is.

Meanwhile here's a couple of songs from The Fall(it's been a while). Jools Holland looks about 10 here.

https://youtu.be/yE-6xoh1khg
  • Go to the info bar at the top of the BP page, press About, then you'll see the option for badges and ranking.
  • Hey @BrianN , you too did a fine job with with the challenge today. The thrill as you attempt to set up the screen so that you can set it aside and wait…and wait…and wait…hoping that destruction actually happens. YAWN!
  • Well @brianN, just got an email informing me that a new Half Man Half Biscuit album is due out in February. As usual, an intriguing track list kicking off with l'm Getting Buried in the Morning and Tess of the Dormobiles.
  • However, even more anticipation for the new Let's Eat Grandma album in April. Their first two were corkers so hoping this one carries on the vein of experimental prog-pop. This from their debut in 2016 when they were only 16/17, song they wrote at 14. Not what you expect from Norwich schoolgirls (down @brianN, down).
    https://youtu.be/hZ3tmmkr3sg
  • Novak Djokovic, goodbye and good riddance. Let's concentrate on the tennis. You are entitled to your views but you have to understand that there are consequences. 'Nuff said.
  • Feeling half man, half buttery today. Can anything good come from Norwich?
    https://youtu.be/FImRayWt_Qw
  • Indeed Dan-Nice-But-Dim (Sorry, but I loved your new name) Djokovic has a right to be unvaccinated, but he broke the rules and lied. One of the world’s greatest tennis players should be a role model. He let himself down, badly
    Off to Norwich now
  • Mustard! Mustard comes from Norwich. Mustard is good.
  • I confidently predicted no British interest beyond the first week of the US Open and look how wrong I was. But the draw has not been kind so I am making the same prediction again for the Australian Open. Canada will do much better, possibly better than the Yanks.
  • Today's challenge is a funny one for sure haha. And no thanks Yoda, I don't need some help lol.
  • OK I'll give you mustard. I suppose we also shouldn't forget:"It's the Quiz of the Week!"
    Bap ba ba bap ba ba etc. Hosted by the ageless Nickerless Parsons QC(who is also good at Rio, though rumours of double point entries abound). Other rumours suggest he keeps his youthful appearance by sleeping in a coffin filled with oil of ulay or was it virgins blood? If he's still alive the rumours are true. Given the prizes involved I think Sale of the Century was a bit overblown.
  • However to more up to date programming that has nothing do with Norwich. While you guys are tuned into the Australian Open(I've had my fill of smug Aussies - don't get carried away my antipodean friends, your test team is distinctly average, ours is extremely poor. Bitter? Moi?) Anyway I shall be watching a new reality show. It's original title was:'Surly Serbian Slam Strop'.
    But the League of Lispers(LOL) said it was "Offenthive".
    New title is 'At home with The Joker' It's a little more downbeat than the Joachin Phoenix film of the same name. Our smouldering Serbian storms around his mansion glowering at the camera and kicking his cat while not watching the tennis.
    My kind of TV.
  • Nicholas Parsons RIP unfortunately. Like Stevie's dog. There may be a connection.
  • And no thanks to @HunnyBunny for being up to her new tricks. Can't get the bloody theme tune out of my head. I may be old and grey but I can still keep up the hedge hopping with the best of them.
  • Hi @ixan57, does that mean you're up to your old tricks?

Are you sure old Nick isn't just asleep in his coffin?
  • @brianN the old nick is demolished now, block of houses built on it. Fond memories of the one night lay in's gone. Tea and a gammon roll in the morning . Those were the days my friend. Que for a song there.
  • Was always intending buying them a toaster as a thank you gift, never got around to it.
  • We're obviously talking about different old nicks. I'm guessing you had a night in the cells for those criminal jokes you keep telling.
  • Well @desperatedan having finished with ME levels in ABO thought I'd have a go at putting some scores down. Started at Red's Mighty Feathers(it's as far from Poached Eggs as it's possible to get).
    Disillusioned after 2 levels!
    Level 1 has glitch that makes it harder(not fixed)
    Level 2 had a glitch that made it easier (fixed in no time)
    Impossible to get near top score(it's just like Seasons!) Gaaaaaahhhhhh!
  • No, don't go near Red's Mighty Feathers. It's a beast. Bad Piggies or Bird Island are quite good, also Surf 'n' Turf, if you want episodes that are neither too simple or too complex.
Post in the New Forum!