The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3045
  • 159688 Comments
  • Not sure @karen68, haven't actually played any levels yet on XBox. Thanks for swift reply omnipresent one.
  • Those of you with good memories might remember I had a chilli sausage roll from Pie Bob's a while back that was hot as Hell. I posited the theory that it came from a batch made after the chilli flake man(I think every bakery has one) had a seizure and threw all his flakes into one mixture. If you have an exceptional memory you may recall he walked away whistling nonchalantly. I just had another one from the same batch. Think I know what tune he was whistling.

https://youtu.be/JUY5KHfnO4Y
  • Hi @sweetp it's me again, your favourite Nester. Dodged any buses lately? Just wondering what the Nest policy is on XBox versions of Angry birds re posting scores. I got a couple of discs a while back, haven't had a chance to play them yet but it's handy to have older versions as long as they're legit.
  • Driving through Kirriemuir and noticed something a little suss. There's a vetinary practice called Thrums and also a restaurant called Thrums... mm... "I'll have the Chien Andalou please."
  • I seem to remember Stephen Fry ending up eating dog in somewhere like Vietnam or Korea and saying that it was delicious. In fact it was quite the dog's b******x.
  • Is it actually possible to whistle anything by the Good Captain?
  • I've just realised that I have completely lost the capability of whistling at all. This is just another faculty lost to advancing age. However, since I hate all whistling it suits me. I always said that anyone whistling at work should be given instant dismissal.
  • "Qute a monologue you've got going there Brian, where is everyone?"
    "Not sure mystery voice from the ether."
    "Maybe they're all sending PM's to each other while they snicker at you?"
    "Nah, they're not like that in the BP."
    "Sponsored silence for charity?"
    "Nope".
    "Perhaps they all joined a Trappist order."
    " Don't think so but now that I think about it isn't it International Lurkers Day today?"
    "Could be. Hey been meaning to ask, you're very sang froid considering you're hearing a voice from beyond. How come?"
    "Well I've seen Ghost busters so I know how it ends. Ectoplasm everywhere."
    "Er... Well... on that note must be off, got a gig at Ammytivlle."
  • And then Dan appears from nowhere like a mystery voice from the ether.
  • Hello @briann. All formats are allowed, but not from Facebook, and as long as you can provide the screenshots for the tally score, it's legit.
  • Thanks @sweetp, now all I have to do is wrestle the XBox off my boy.
  • Lol @BrianN International Lurkers Day declared!!
    Seriously Work is really tiring me out!
    Thanks @Catsnbirds : ) that's good to know !
    @BrianN about the mystery, there's talk of moving the BP to a new format, I totally dont want to, but it is up to the Powers above me who do their techie HoodooVoodo business to figure it out, because whatever format this forum was created in doesn't support it anymore which is why we can't post pictures and stuff like we used to. But I'm willing to live with the links IDK .
    Ask me later lol!
    Keep the jokes coming, no matter how lame *insert Rolly Guy* heehee
  • Weird thing is though, this is the only place in the Nest where my drop down menu works!
  • And speaking of HoodooVoodo lol, tomorrow is my old (getting older) :8~ Pahtnah @KimmieCV BirdDay :D Happy BirdDay my friend, I miss you!! Sorry I lost your banner , you should see EStar storage area lol, but OB put aside a couple buckets for you..
    https://angrybir.de/2BCSncS
  • This is anecdotal but a friend of mine mentioned cement will be in short supply soon. Something to with an important ingredient being produced in only one two countries. Those countries are poor and have not gotten ahead with covid vaccination.
    Another pal said he went into a DIY store to price some wood for fencing and was told to snap it up as it disappears off the shelf as soon as it comes in.
    Item on the news showing waiting lists for new cars up to 6mths.Not enough microchips available. My wife looking for new phone says all the ones she'd normally go for are out of stock. Same reason? I know a lot of the raw ingredients needed for electronic items come from the poorest countries.
    When these huge construction companies find their projects grinding to a halt or the billion dollar tech companies see dents in their profits will we see them involved in a massive drive to innoculate these countries under the banner of philanthropy?
  • "That was such a boring post @briann."
    "Who asked you mystery voice from the ether? You're starting to get on my nerves. May I remind you I have Bill Murray on speed dial."
    "Oooh scary! All I'm saying is I've seen more interesting posts on a football pitch.C'mon give us one of your lame jokes."
    "Right, that's it, I'm calling Bill."... 2hours later... *poof*
    "Phew, he's gone. Now does anyone know how to get ectoplasm off a carpet?"
  • Speaking of lame jokes what do you call a man wearing tights and brandishing a ladle?
    Souperman.
  • OK I'm just lowering the bar for the rest of you. Come back @hunnybunny all is forgiven. (I got your novice nun v mighty church gag).
  • @brianN talking to yourself, I'm getting concerned. Here is a little song that I thought appropriate for you.
    https://youtu.be/C0rgeQ0QD-o
  • Thanks @ixan57, but they'll never take me alive.
  • That was Dismal @Brian idk what was more depressing, the 'not real facts' you stated or the fact your losing your faculties? I originally popped not complain that work officially kicked my Arse shut after reading your doomsday predíctions I feel better ;)
    Tablet on The fritz... Gnight
    Hey Bff's if your listening KathyBoard not working well, so I'll pop in tomorrow ..
  • Thanks @kathy, I can always count on you. Keep your head stuck in the sand(that's not the missing ingredient btw). And you did ask for lame jokes. As for me I'm off on a lurka's sabbatical, see how the other half lives. Like Till Eulenspiegel you'll miss me when I'm gone... *poof*
  • @BrianN Don’t leave! This lurker will miss your musings ;-)
  • Lol Brian, you know I was just joking with ya! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, and if your gonna sulk , go to the sulkers section , not the Lurkers section lol ,
    same letters, but the Lurkers aren't sulking
    Hurry back, your right we will miss you ;)
  • @BrianN seriously???
    Ok starting over, not really a joke but ..

Bar Stool Economics
    Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
    The fifth would pay $1.
    The sixth would pay $3.
    The seventh would pay $7.
    The eighth would pay $12.
    The ninth would pay $18.
    The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.
    So, that’s what they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. “Since you are all such good customers”, he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20”. Drinks for the ten now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his “fair share?”

They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody’s share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
    The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
    The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
    The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
    The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
    The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).
    Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings. “I only got a dollar out of the $20,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, “but he got $10!” “Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar, too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more than I!” “That’s true!!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!” “Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison. “We didn’t get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!” The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.
  • Bob and Steve have a bet. Who can walk through the Iraqi desert the longest, living off the the land. They find an oasis, so can drink, but no food.
    Then they see a Mosque
    Bob says “We must change our names, I shall be Mohammed”
    Steve says “No”
    They knock on the door, it is opened, they give their names
    “Steve come in, we have feast for you. Mohammed how is the fast going?”
  • Lol @HunnyBunny it took me a minute, but your jokes usually do require a level of thinking, for me anyway , you know me heehee.
    You'll be happy to know that at work in the other Lab there's a Huge Map of the Americas and Canada, I've been studying it and surprised at what I find!! @Karen68 is actually a bit West from me as is @Catsnbirds sort of Northwest.. From Karen.
    And the United States southern border is waaayyyy longer than I imagined!!!
    I think I'm gonna buy a Globe, my Sister was fascinated with the Globe we had when we were growing up, I think I'd like to have one :D
  • @DesperateDan I never could whistle a tune, I could Do a loud piercing whistle to get someone's attention, but since I had my teeth removed and got dentures I can't even do that anymore.
    And agreed, people who whistle at work, should be dismissed and sent to work in the mine with the Seven Dwarves!
  • Plus when they whistle at least whistle something current, the other day a guy was whistling 'Tiptoe through the Tulips"!! Was stuck in my head all day!!
  • Yes, whistling is just too cheerful. Just try whistling a requiem.

I'm all in favour of globes. They make all the countries the correct size. Africa is just huge but most atlases squash it small. And make Canada ridiculously huge!
  • @DesperateDan I think Canada is ridiculously huge!
  • Well, Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world.
    @kathy isn’t geography wonderful! :)
  • Looking at a world map you might think Canada and Africa are about the same area. Africa is over 3 times bigger. A more extreme example is Greenland. Africa is 15 times bigger. You only get this from a globe. I say this because normal maps can create unconscious prejudice about the significance of other countries.

• I always think it is funny how American maps of the world put the USA in the middle and chop Russia in half. We just have USA on the left, UK in the middle and Russia on the right. No chopping required, Bering Strait is the edge of the map.
  • That was one hell of a post @kathy. Almost as long as one of those by our much missed Peruvian friend. However no kathyboard detected. Smells of cut and paste.
  • Yeah That was A long post @DesperateDan and I confess, copy /paste lol :)
    I always wondered when looking at a world map why Russia was on both sides, half on the Above left and half on the right mid-section , you wonder why I'm geographically challenged :0
    Yeah @Karen68 geography is a blast *insert Rolly Guy*
  • Also I wondered why the Garbage island created by the tsunami in Japan ended up on the west coast? I thought Japan was the Far East?? *Sigh* there no hope for me.. @Hunnybunny was right years ago...
  • Well if you keep going west you will end up east. Confused? That's why you need a globe.
  • Yep @DesperateDan ! I'm ordering one tomorrow! :D
    Ugh... I really don't want to get up at 6 a. m. I wish I worked nights, I'm much better afternoon than morning
  • Hmmm OB did you lock the door by accident again?? I could've sworn I had the locksmith remove those darn locks!! *calling LadyBird Locksmith*
    *Turns on Huge Flashing Neon OPEN sign *
  • And @Karen68 I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect for Canada , and I didn't realize Canada is the second biggest country in the world. I'm not gonna Google the first but I'm gonna guess Africa? Though I Do tend to get my Countries and Continents confused¿ As you know geography isn't my strong suit *insert Rolly Guy*
  • Okay I couldn't resist Lol I googled it! Again with the Continets and Countries Confusion!!
  • And that explains why Russia is on both sides of the map :D @DesperateDan ;) jeesh I thought Iwas the one who was geographically challenged¿ seems i solved the puzzle *you know the drill, Rolly Guy roflmao:D
    G'nite
  • Now i feel like @BrianN talking to myself ;)
  • It really is too hot here to post anything. But not by Canada standards I guess. @twiggy off her food and restless. Can't take her out for normal walk or we would have boiled dog. How is the air con at the BP?
  • Off on holiday Friday. To Wales. One of the Celtic fringes. And they speak a different language there. A poor man's abroad you could say. @kathy, look for Anglesey on your new globe. It will be a speck.
  • The BP air conditioning is just right @deseratedan not too cold, just the right temp I like 70° it's cool air Soo
    Twiggy is probably just to hot to eat¿ Will you take her on Holiday with you? How's that work?
    New globe hasn't arrived yet, but expected in 5-7 days :D
  • @desperatedan are you not venturing further down into God’s Own Country
    There’s always a beer waiting for you in Penarth!
  • Dave and Steve are both in their nineties
    They are both lifelong football fans
    Dave is dying
    Steve says “You must let me know if there is football in Heaven”
    “I will”
    Dave dies that evening
    Steve is distraught, so when he hears Dave’s voice when sleeping, he thinks it’s dream
    Dave cries out “Steve, it’s me I have really really good news, and a little bit of bad news”
    Steve is intrigued “Tell me”
    “There is football in heaven, all our friends who have died are here. We are all young. The weather is perfect, the food is excellent”
    “What’s the little bit of bad news?”
    “You’re on the team list this Saturday”
Post in the New Forum!