The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3047
  • 159624 Comments
  • *Blushing* aww shucks @BrianN , thanks :)
    And have to *insert Rolly Guy* for the hillbilly joke LMFAO !! :D
  • And the Princess finally Comes out of hiding:)
  • Phew, that crown was getting heavy. This fez makes me feel lighter than air. It's a magic fez.
  • @brianN, gotta say 76-86 is the golden age of the single. But for the golden age of the album, look the decade before that, probably hitting a high about 1971. Today isn't the golden age of anything. Sure, there's great stuff if you know where to look but most mainstream stuff is not going to stand the test of time.
  • These things are very subjective @desperatedan. I think pop music was treading water prior to the Summer of '76 and personally I was waiting for something to happen, and boy did it happen! 1981 was a great year for albums, Costello, Human League, Cure, New Order, Siouxsie, Killing Joke, Squeeze, The Fall, The Police etc all released great albums. But I agree the mainstream charts were dire before 76 and remain so now. Here's something from 81...

https://youtu.be/aCGlI--LM5E
  • So you like MIL jokes @kathy?
    I've been rubbing the baby's face with a pan scourer. I want him to get used to kissing his grandma. ©Les Dawson.
  • Ding dong the witch is, er, gone. So have the electrical storms. If you have severe weather conditions in the next few days, lookout!

Will be heading on a stay cation for a week or so to the land that WiFi forgot. If you lot are still on the same page when I get back there'll be trouble! Hang on the phone's ringing...
    Well, that was weird I picked up the phone and said "Hello who's speaking?"
    Guy on the other end says "You are!"
  • @BrianN, Ministry of groanworthy jokes still in fine fettle, I see! Love the hind lick manoeuvre!

@catsnbirds, are you lurking? This is perfect for you:

https://youtu.be/rBhBqTli8c0

• @TomPuss That was hysterical! Thanks!
  • @TomPuss that gave me a good laugh!!
  • Lol, happy I didn't miss another page! Tablet dying slow but sure, gotta break out the 'Notalaptop" tomorrow or should I call it 'meanttobealaptopbutaint' hmm decisions, decisions will leave it up to the KathyBoard ;)
  • I think I'm going with "'Notalaptop' that is the boards decision :D
    I tried the other but it didn't take..
  • @Tompuss gotta break out the 'Rolly Guy' for that one!! Hysterical as @Karen68 says! OMGiraffe I'm still laughing!!!:D
    @catsnbirds c'mon let's take a break from the Lurkers corner and belly up to the bar,! OB put that video on the big screen, and drinks all weekend in my tab. Keep it rolling :)
  • Watching the Olympics without spectators has meant that without the noise of the crowds, the raw emotion of the competitors is much more exposed. Really heightens the human interest aspect of sport.
  • And yes @tompuss, good video. I score it about 10-1 to the ducks.
  • @DesperateDan I never really got into the Olympics, I don't know why, just didn't interest me I guess , Enjoy..
  • Ducks versus cats should definitely be an Olympic sport.
    Can't remember the source of this info but I do remember the true story of a cat that everyday went to the bus stop and boarded a bus that took it to (I think) the local library where it spent it's day before catching the bus back home again. The drivers all knew the cat and didn't charge it a fare!
  • There's a lot of sports that don't interest me @kathy but the drama is in people striving for their dreams and sometimes attaining them. So it's more about the human condition. Exaggerated by the exclusion of spectators. Painful to watch at times.
  • Better have a song then. Good as Gold. Impossible not to sing along to.
    https://youtu.be/dMfb9TRbUJc
  • Oh, we are going to be in trouble from @brianN.
  • Don't worry @DesperateDan he will get plenty of grief from half the residents of Fife whom have dirty windows and the strange women that approach him at lunchtime, 2 weeks missing and without broadband. I thought that was normal up there.
  • Very Catchy Tune @DesperateDan ! And is that really really true about the cat in the bus??:/
    Why are we gonna be in trouble with @BrianN ? What'd I miss¿?
  • We have to fill this page @kathy before @brianN gets back or else. Bit of a puppy parade today to take away your Trophy on Fairy Hogmother 21.
  • @kathy WAAAASSSSSUUUPPPP
    hey everybody. Haven't had much time for the BP. I got a new puppy thats keeping me very busy.
  • Why @DesperateDan is Brian challenging us to fill the page before he gets back from where?
    He thinks we can't carry the BP without him¿? I do appreciate everyone's contributions, it helps keep OB on His... Hmmn.. Wingtips :D
  • @Gumby Waaaaasssuppp??? I can't wait to see the new puppy!!
  • Lol I just read up the page, I see @BrianN is on Staycation, see how long he can go without Wifi and internet , my bet is he checks in before the end of the page¿
    Or.. he'll stay away from the BP on purpose to make a statement.. hard to say..
  • The words "a new puppy" are very ambiguous in the BP.
  • Yes, I generally have to spend the time to get a puppy. Once it joins the crew, really doesn’t take much effort from me ;-)
  • Puppies are a lot of work! I'd much rather a kitty or 2 or 5 lol :D
  • @kathy WAAAAASSSUUUPPP Puppies are way more fun than a kitty or 2 or 5
  • And another one today I see @gumby. A regular litter in fact.
  • @DesperateDan I think thats number 48. Not counting the real one at home.
  • @Gumby Waaaaasssuppp?? Congrats on Another puppy!!
    OB I'll take a Pigkiller and a Hawaiian pizza , have the blues fly it over I'll be in the Lurkers Lounge keeping my eye out for @BrianN lol, I get a feeling he's lurking anonymously ;-)
  • Is Tom Hanks still there in Lurker's Lounge? And wasn't Barack dropping by to celebrate his 60th? That's the word on the street.
  • Tom Hanks AND Barack in the same Lurkers Lounge to celebrate Obama’s 60th!?! I knew I loved this lounge!!!
  • Say hello to Tom from me.
  • *Never frequenting the Lurkers Lounge again*
    I'll be on the patio next to the Aviary, OB redirect all my orders to the patio please
    I've got nothing against Tom Hanks at least he worked for his millions, if you want to call acting "Work" but I guess it is, He was Awesome in Forrest Gump!! Great Movie!!
    On the other hand I can't say ..
  • @Gumby Waaaaasssuppp?? How's the new puppy, Charlie, the real one!??
  • Ohh and The Green Mile was The Best!!
    Company policy prohibits me speaking of the other guest, it's a Free country and one may roam where they may roam,
    aww shit I've said too much, but haven't said enough.. that's me in the corner....
  • OB gimme a nickel for the juke box please ..
  • I think the jukebox is stuck?
    @HunnyBunny you might want to pop in and give it a nudge?
    https://youtu.be/sI66hcu9fIs
  • Pretty sure you were heading here @kathy.
    https://youtu.be/xwtdhWltSIg
  • Coast is clear @kathy, OB threw our guest out for talking politics, ha ha.
  • Hey, end page is within sight. Come on guys...
  • @DesperateDan I think you picked the song @kathy meant. Can’t believe it’s been 30 years since it was released!
  • @catsnbirds, @all

Guitarist and hid talented singing parrot:

https://youtu.be/-Pkek374bh0
  • @brianN being a window cleaner must have its ups and downs
Post in the New Forum!