The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2364
  • 159769 Comments
  • @Kathy, I'm not sure what battery saving tips you followed? I thought the link I gave you was for battery recalibration…then again, that site does have "all things android" so I'm sure you followed some links there.

Anyway, the recalibration worked really well for me. In a nutshell, your battery may be good, but the phone thinks it's charged 100% when it's really charged 80%, for example. Vice-versa, it thinks your battery is dying when it still has a lot of juice. The recalibration process syncs up the phone with the real state of your battery.

If you're still using your phone as an alarm, your best bet is to make recalibration a weekend project.
  • I watched it tonight on demand…I wasn't that disappointed because I didn't expect much from it -- I saw a couple of "10 things" episodes before and wasn't impressed. I didn't expect inaccuracies though -- one guy said Tesla's main financial backer was J.P. Morgan which is entirely wrong.
  • Yeah, I caught that as well. I just figured they'd go with the death ray instead of the exploding bowels device. It also seemed to be mostly about Edison, who you know I hate. I liked that series much better before they added Henry Rollins.
  • @Kelani in your research of PCL can you tell if android is inn that category for SA? Does it only affect certain episodes ?
  • Aghh aggravating when notification not working..
    Yes @fenikus the link you sent had 16 tips for battery savingb as well as the recalibration which yes Iwill try. I can use my tablet for alarm if needed.
  • No @kelani I wasn't able to do the backup m it kept saying 'an error occurred'I'll try again tomorrow:/
  • @Kathy So far it seems to be just some random levels, but it's possible certain episodes have more of them. SA is hard to do, because I can't play it, and there's only 400 scores. Do you have a specific level in mind?
  • Nope @kelani the whole episode so far I'm on level #7 and can't even come close to average on most of the levels. Iv think i beat average on 3 levels:/
    I gotta go to sleep soonn
    Changing out battery brb..
  • I see @Rat's Red Planet S-13 score is on the challenge chopping block today. Not that it's in any danger. lol.
  • @fenikus I use an otterbox sort of like this: http://amzn.com/B00E1D3W4I It's got a nice rubbery silicone cover, does everything you want. The only downside is if you keep ipad in a dusty place, some grit can get under the screen protector, so you have to take ipad out to clean it. There's another case that's supposedly more dustproof.
  • I hate that my notification not working...sorry can't read up
    Night all

Night @Pa
  • @fenikus so if i put phone inn airplane mode overnight my alarm will still works?
  • I just noticed something disturbing in Stella. I accidentally hit the character swap button, and instead of replacing the bird like in SW2, it adds the freaking bird to the front of the lineup. So you get the swap scoring benefits plus an extra 10k bird bonus. So if you want to screw up anyone's high score, you just add a bird and fling normally. Can't believe nobody's noticed that yet. Even worse, since swaps are allowed on the boards, I thought, 'what the hell', flung and beat Dawn's high score by like 20k. :( I'm not gonna post it, though.
  • @Kathy yes, alarm will work in airplane mode. You can't get any phone calls in airplane mode though. If you turn off wi-fi, GPS, bluetooth, and NFC, it's basically airplane mode with call ability.
  • @Kelani, that case looks pretty good (except for the price, lol). No problems with touch screen with that screen protector? My iPad is so beat up that this is probably an overkill for it but would be nice for a shiny new iPad for sure.
  • Grr. the current #1 score is a swap score. I guess if I refuse to post any, I'd better get used to being down at the bottom of the pack.
  • @fenikus no problems at all. The thick silicone makes it heavier than a plastic case, but it's grippy and would protect it in a fall. Aside from the grit getting inside the cover, the only thing about the protector is it has a a oil on water prism-y look, but it's only visible from a ridiculously low angle, when the screen's turned off, or if something bright white is on the screen. You don't see it when looking normally at the screen Touch seems to work fine. Although I've never touched my actual screen. For all I know, the protector could be responsible for all those delayed Egg drops. :) Worst case, it's removable.
  • It's pretty cool, the plastic half of the case is a hard shell cover for when you're not using it, but it also has the kickstand inside it. If you use one side, it holds the ipad at a low angle, use the other side, and it stands it almost straight up in portrait mode, or a higher angle in landscape.

you can also flip it over so the kickstand is on the table, and the back of the case gives you another angle.
  • @fenikus Looks pretty nice. Is that for some purpose other than AB? Flinging at that angle would put me in a body cast.

There is one case that has a perfectly clear protector, but I can't think of the name. The way I look at it, at y'alls ages, a screen protector is the least of your optical worries :>
  • @Kelani yes -- for a purpose of standing up the iPad to listen to music or watch videos. When I play birds, I prefer to just hold the iPad itself with no bulky covers.
  • What I like about this stand is that you just lay the iPad on it, you don't have to clip it in. So, play some music on the stand, maybe fling a few birds, put it back on the stand. Perfect.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it's not just for iPads. You can put any tablet on it.
  • @fenikus The rubbery case helps me, since it keeps the ipad stable, but I remembered one thing I don't like. There's a tall ridge around the home button, It looks like a speaker cone. If that button's on your left, it can interfere with aiming. I just flip it over, but that puts my power cord where my drink's supposed to go. Annoying, but not enough to write a review.

I don't watch much video on mine. Between Reflector and Chromecast, there's always a bigger lcd nearby.
  • Sounds like that's what you need. And not a bad price, either. I hope it comes with rubber feet. I hate slidy stands.
  • Wow, Hallmark channel is already advertising their Christmas programming.
  • Good morning to you all. Wasn't much in the BP last week. Reason for that was very simple. Started work after 4 weeks of holiday. I got tired, extreme tired. So, I did my job, did some flinging. Chatting here in the BP is taken to much energy for me, because I really have to think hard before discuss in english. Apologize for that.
    @kathy on the Seasons-SH thing: I did spent a lot of time on it, actually still busy with it. I played these games with lots of fun, till came came to #17. Since yesterday I am struggling with creating videos. What? Yes, creating videos. I could have uploaded several bad, very bad flingings - which I didn't. Thanks to @Fenikus for the tips. Tonight I am gonna continue with it.
  • @fenikus about the screenprotector: I have this on all my I-devices. Can't even remember ever played on on of the devices without. And, yes, yes, applied by my wife ;-)
  • Nothing to continue with. Had the guts to start recording with QT - doesn't work!! On a windows device you can only record audio. Argh.
    Please, please, provide me with a name of a tool to record video's on a windows computer. With reflector I can see on the windows computer what I am doing on the Ipad.
  • Been up for 26 hours, popped in for a quick drink and some bacon before I wind down with a little piggy popping.
  • @kelani , I have the otter box defender on my ipad, also my iPhone. It adds a little weight to the ipad but I have the choice of holding it up, which I prefer or using the provided front case that has a slot to function as a stand which I don't normally do. the best thing about it is it's waterproof and shockproof or shock resistant so if I doze off from Lack of sleep and drop it, or one of the kittens knocks something over on the iPad, I don't have to buy a new one.
  • Hi @fenikus @burpie @SweetP
    I was late to answer because it is now biggest holiday in my country as like as Thanks Giving in Western.
    Thanks a lot letting me know it and pinging to me.
  • @bernersenn I can provide you several that I use. Some free, some not, but take some tweaking to set up right. Here's the three best ones I've found.

NBXsoft Free Screen Recorder: http://www.nbxsoft.com/download-screen-recorder.php
    This one's free and WILL work well (I used it last night) but it's very poorly documented, and you will need my help to get it working right. If you try it, just PM me, and I'll help you out. Also, this one makes one huge video file, which you can save and edit later. Or, on failed flings, you can hit F9 to stop recording, Cancel the file save, then hit F8 to start recording a new file. If I was going to use this one, I'd write a macro to perform those steps with one keypress.

Bandicam http://www.bandicam.com Costs $39 or so, but works GREAT. This is the best screen recorder there is. Has a 7 or 14 day free trial, if you're interested in seeing how it works. This one make lots of little files. You Hit F12 to start recording, F12 to stop. It will then automatically save a file without any input from you. So all you have to do is hit F12 at the beginning of your attempt, and F12 at the end. You can do lots of flings quickly, until you get it right, then just delete all but the last video. Since each video is a single fling, you don't need a separate editor. You can send it right to youtube.

FRAPS http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Also a demo, Costs $37 It's made specifically for recording gaming, so it works.

Rylstim Screen Recorder: http://www.sketchman-studio.com/rylstim-screen-recorder/

Kind of like NBXsoft. Free, but saves one big file. Not as many features as the other two.

@Jkhab I usually use the kickstand in landscape mode, since it's tilted a bit above flat on the table. When that stars to kill my elbow or neck, I hold it. That's where the rubbery case come in handy for me.
  • @BeautifulVVorld 인민정권 창건일 = National Independence Day? Hope you have a good day :)
  • @bernersenn, sorry to hear QT Pro didn't work for you. I was actually afraid of that because one of the reviewers mentioned that they removed screen/video capture. The good thing is Apple has 30 day money back guarantee, so you can get your money back if you don't want the program.

I think I found a perfect program for this purpose. I will have to try it out first to confirm. What version of Windows do you use? It only works on 7 and 8.
  • Hi @Fenikus Hint: stuff that is delivered electronically to you, can't be returned. Only things that you order physically is covered by the agreement. Well, seen again, that iOS and Windows are that friendly to each other as many would do believe us.
    Well, it happened, so forget it.
    @kelani new ideas, new things to try. I'll let you know
  • @bernersenn I was lucky to have a license key for Bandicam that I got awhile back, so I'm using that. The NBXsoft one will also work well, just needs some tricky configuration. I've still not found a good free editor which can save one shot out of a video with 100 shots, though. Been looking for a long time.
  • @kelani actually I wanted to ask you a couple of questions via PM. Alternatively it could be useful for other visitors here to see how they (maybe) could record their videos.
    I assume that you use Reflector as an interface, right?
    When bandicam starts, it offers a lot of settings. Which combination of them is the right one for the purpose I wanted to use it?
  • @bernersenn OK, you can ask me here. :) On PC, I normally record directly from AB to my screen recorder, but last night I tried the screen recorders with Reflector, and they work fine. Hang on, let me start Bandicam and I'll tell you.
  • @kelani remember, I play on Ipad. So this way or the other way, I have to have the content of the Ipad display on my pc. The working with the rectangular works very nice.
  • @bernersenn

Go to the General Tab and set your Output folder. This is where all your videos will be saved. All the checkboxes on that page should be unchecked.

Next, go to the Video tab, and check the box for Record/Stop Hotkey. Then, click in the blank to the right and assign the hotkey you want. I use F12.
    I have no pause hotkey set, and the box is unchecked.
    Also uncheck "Add mouse Click Effects"
    Now Click the Settings button. A window pops up. Uncheck Record Sound. There are three more tabs of options you can play with. Nothing really important. Click OK to close that window.

Now, the potentially confusing part. The Format section at the bottom of the Video tab. This specifies what kind of video you will record, and what kind of encoder is used. It makes a BIG difference. Uncompressed AVI could be 200-500MB, while an XviD mpeg-compressed AVI may be 2MB. :)

Click on Presets and choose Youtube (480p) from the list. If you don't see that option, or it's grayed out, let me know.

This option will record an 800x480 video, so what you have to do is start Reflector, make the window a little bit bigger, then when you click your hotkey to start recording, Bandicam will show an outline box that you can drag around to the part of your screen you want to record. Place that over your Reflector window, and you're good. Once that's in place, my process while recording is this:

Hit F12 to start recording.
    Fling.
    If I fail, hit F12 to stop recording, Restart the level and try again :)
  • @bernersenn if that's confusing I used it to make you a video showing all my settings :) I don't have ipad here, but I could do that tomorrow if you need it.
  • @kelani, this is working fabulous - thanks. And, absolute easy, just what I needed. One more thing: I will have to edit the video, give it a name, etc. How to handle this nicely?
  • @bernersenn Two ways.

1. On the General Tab, and click the Open button next to Output Folder.
    2. On the Output Tab, right-click the video, then click Open Output Folder.
    That opens your video folder in an explorer window, where you can rename the file.

After recording, what I do is just go to that folder, sort the videos by date, and delete all but the last one. Since I delete it after uploading to Youtube, I don't bother with renaming it. I just add those details on Youtube. But if you're keeping copies, this explorer window is where you do that.
  • They also sell another program called Bandicut which will let you trim parts off your videos. I don't have it, and since I can record every attempt, don't see a need for it.
  • @kelani that windows stuff is familiar to me. That's just fine. Just created a movie - bad score, anyway. It works. Thanks. Last step is to upload the product to YouTube. Again, I assume that works fine. In the coming days my premiere is coming..... Eureka
Post in the New Forum!