The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2271
  • 159689 Comments
  • Whahappened @mvnla2 ? what I miss?
    Good night @hunnybunny
    Hi @everyone i finally improved a bit in #20 but not enough:(
    Gonna give it a break for a bit. OB I'll have a Marmoset killer pleased; )
  • Hi and bye @kathy
    (Don't tell anyone but mvnla posted a comment to @mvnla lol she edited it out though)
    Keep flinging, @princesskathy I had one hell of a battle with our favourite Kel today. Good fun, carry on the good work
  • @hunnybunny nice job! where'd you find those points?
  • @Kelani, @hunnubunny, if you must do it, today would be a good day to sink my HH battleship since my day is already ruined -- just noticed that my arch rival crivit has found a way to get to the top spot in High Dive. Ordinarily, I would take this as a welcome challenge but in this case it means that if I want to regain my lead, I have to face my HD nemesis, level 18. I might have to hire @bernersenn for the job ;-)
  • Someone just posted a 10k above #1 score on Blossom River #12 lol.
  • @fenikus I just saw that he was first in HD, and wondered about it. How long did you hold the HD crown? Every time I've seen that board, I coulda sworn he was on top.

Your HiH spot is probably safe. Those remaining levels are being a PITA and starting to get annoying. That never bodes well.
  • Hmm, so Fenikus is sitting in a corner mumbling "noo. high dive..why me?" and everyone else is wherever it is they go. This presents an opportunity.

*starts rearranging furniture and generally misbehaving*
  • *Ahem * " rearranging furniture and generally misbehaving*" we'll have none of that @Kelani !!
  • I've just moved up to #6 :)
  • I'm actually pretty tired tonight @kelani. That's why I'm just lurking. Going to bed soon. Lonng day abs another long day tomorrow:/
  • @Kathy I hear ya. Extrasleep is a good thing. I better not catch you in here at 3am ;)
  • noioo way @kelani you won't even see me at 11:00 :/
  • @Kelani, I re-took the lead in HD back in May. Before that, crivit took it from me and held it for maybe a month.
  • @all, has anyone seen the movie Gravity? I have a question on it.
  • @fenikus what question? I haven't seen it, but I'm bored enough to find an answer for ya :P
  • Wull @kelani…I just saw it on my TV, HBO on Demand. The movie starts with a choppy and pixelated picture and then gets crystal clear in some scenes and the quality than drops off on some scenes again. I deleted the download and did it again, same results. Was wondering if the director did this on purpose or my cable company just has a bad copy of it.
  • I haven't seen it @fenikus but i heard its not that good:/
    @kelani well you might see me at 11:00 lol
  • @Kathy, really? Ratings: 8.0/10 from 403,045 users Metascore: 96/100 Them's pretty good scores.

@fenikus I'm on it. :D
  • @fenikus -- I've seen Gravity in 3-D, and didn't notice any funny effects like you describe. It may not be the best movie ever, but didn't it win a couple of Oscars?
  • @Kelani, cancel that kelooogle request, lol. I just answered my own question and @mvnla2 confirmed the answer (thanks @mvnla2) -- I logged in to HBO Go and watched the beginning on my laptop, picture is much better.

I think I'll have to watch the movie again now. It is definitely not your ordinary movie...certainly not bad but I can see that general public may not like it.
  • Funny, I never experienced bad picture quality on any of my cable company's On Demand programs. I'll probably call them tomorrow.
  • @fenikus did you save it to watch later, or stream it? If the latter, it's probably a glitch. I'm guessing you didn't have any chirps/pops/clicks on the audio in those scenes, or you wouldn't have asked. :)

edit it's weird. High rating on IMDB, but the forums are...ferociously negative.
  • I hate looking at those cable forums. Reminds me my cable speed is absolute crap compared to bigger cities. Charter bombards us with commercials telling us how fast it is, but then you realize they only compare themselves to DSL: 30x faster than DSL! (but 5x slower than everyone else)
  • Oh no, someone made my HD Golden Chest level a challenge for today. I was trying to keep people away from it so I could master it in peace.
  • @Kelani, if I start watching a movie and then stop it, when I go to my On Demand screen, it is there under "Saved videos on demand" menu item. It's definitely not streaming but I don't know if it actually gets downloaded to TiVo or if it's playing directly from Comcast's servers (my guess would be the latter).
  • Anyway, I deleted it from that saved section and started it again. The picture is bad in same exact spots. Gotta be a bad server copy.
  • Sounds like it. I'd try to get a refund. Probably get laughed at, though.
  • Well the movie was free. I get HBO and apparently it's playing on it right now.

Edit: If I did buy it and pic quality was bad, I'd get my refund. That's only down South they laugh at you.
  • @fenikus can you click this link in BL's post and let me know if it works for you?

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/bugs-in-the-nest/page/7/#post-58567
  • Night Ma
  • Yea! I'm back online. I got taken over by a virus this morning and have been battling it all day. I'm clean and green. I think?
  • @bernersenn I'm feeling better every day of late. Maybe I can come visit Rio soon. Well see. Fingers crossed.
  • @Kelani, when I click on his link I get a page with the printout of some javascript code.
  • @fenikus thanks. Which browser?
  • Tried in safari and firefox.
  • @Kelani Not trying to "one up you", so please don't take this the wrong way please. But I got a personal tour of the Mojave facility by Dick and Burt Rutan when they were trying to raise money for the voyager project. All sorts of innovative stuff in those hangers. I heard a rumor that although Burt is retired, he's working on a flying car. If anybody can pull it off, it's Burt!
  • @fenikus thanks, since the big man's involved, I'm not gonna refer to you as a third party this time :P
  • @Rat Nothing to take the wrong way, that's just an awesome story, and I envy you for it. I'd imagine those guys couldn't stay retired if they tried. :) btw, Ever noticed how much Burt & Dick look like Conway Twitty?

I just realized I've been to the little town where they grew up: Dinuba, CA. I spent a month there visiting a friend once.
  • @Kelani, what's that "link" button supposed to do when it's working right?
  • @Kelani I've been to their facility in Mojave many times. It didn't hurt that I lived less than 20 minutes from them and worked in R&D as well. I also met Jeana Yeager, although not during the tour. She's tiny. I have no idea where Dinuba, CA. is located.
  • Oh, so it's basically just a helper tool so you don't have to know HTML to post text that's hyperlink.

Yeah, I saw Inception, more than once actually. Really liked it.
  • @Rat Dinuba's in the middle of San Joaquin valley, between Bakersfield and Fresno. Nothing there but Wal-Mart, orange groves and "medicinal crops". Any kid living there would be very motivated to get out.
  • @fenikus yep, just a helper tool, and a bit of a timesaver. I was too lazy to type one night, so I used it, and it worked fine, then two hours later, it didn't.

I had a feeling you'd like that movie. I did as well. Had to watch it four times before it all made sense, though :P

edit: well 3x to understand it, then once to enjoy it.
Post in the New Forum!