The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2261
  • 159705 Comments
  • On an unrelated note, I don't love the new high-contrast colors that just appeared on the walkthroughs. Kinda hard to read. :(

@estar well, now I've tried everything. :) I think the AIR Action is the same as AIR rolls. Maybe they trade flavors with the others in the roll, since there's only two of them in there. I like the Strong ones a lot. Normally I'm not a wintergreen fan, but these aren't bad at all. Yeah, a little toothpaste-y, but after eating the four strong ones, you can't really taste anything anyway. :) AIR is #1. King and Wilhelmina are tied for #2.
  • Btw @Estar. That non-fresh Uni I had was the worst thing I have ever put in my mouth. And I've eat dirt before. lol
  • Mister @rat That is okay, I have to get off my PITA anyway. It was nice to finally be able to pop in for a while, so I am glad you could pop in too. Enjoy the junk food!
  • I think we all did that at one point Mister @Rat but thanks for the tip LOL
  • I totally forgot I put in the King too... I was shopping for groceries and saw it screaming.... buyyy me for @kelani hee hee... I like the Wilhelmina mints too, just big (read real small) for me to enjoy them. I am not the chewy sweet lover, so no real Mentos love here, except for hubby who is just a few inches away sitting behind his computer. He loves mentos and thinks Air action and Spearmint are the best.
  • well that's random, @surfcow just nominated me for a badge. We've never spoken, but I have enjoyed many of his walkthrough comments.

@estar Maybe it's a guy thing? :D Some people like crunchy, or stuff that takes 20 mins to dissolve. They're all great to me :D
  • @kelani thank you for waiting for me to taste the mystery flavor Drop and enjoy the other ones I did pick out knowing you would love them. I just had to when I read your love for mentos and the flavors not being sold out there :)
  • Always love reading @surfcow 's funny comments, one really needs to get that kind of humor and... I do... hahahah he is also such a sweetheart, so no wonder he nominated you. He was probably lurking as always and observed a badge like quality in your actions/comments
  • @kelani I like the crunchy... but I don't have the patience to wait for it to dissolve hee hee But then again I am not the candy loving type.. I do eat candy, but not that often.
  • @estar Well, I will be returning the favor just as soon as I do more research about stuff little stars like :P

I get @surfcow's humor also :) The avatar says it all. Profile says he's from Kansas, and I wasn't sure if that was another joke. (not many waves in Kansas, amber grain excluded). I'm just trying to figure out what I said that was amusing. If it was something in here, well, OK. But out in the walkthroughs, it's probably something unintentionally funny :P
  • No rush on that @kelani you know that right? As for our Surfdude... he mentioned going with his gut, so probably nothing in particular. As for his whereabouts... never occurred to me to doubt the home town, but rather the activity... even before I actually met and talked with him. Not sure why... maybe because cows don't surf??

Anyway I really have to get my PITA off this chair and head over to bed, it was really fun talking with you and "watching" your drop/mint experience (it is nothing like drop by any means, so hence the drop/mint, drop-salty is probably way worse, maybe drop-sweet is something you could handle) [hug]* and good night @kelani
  • Sorry about the sheriff visit on 8-9 @Ollygod. @fenikus made me do it.
    Oh well, back to 'Allo 'Allo for me then. At least it's only 4350 points (at the moment).

Edit: Actually, he made me "able to" do it. Great strategy Funikus.
  • @EStar @Kelani @Rat -- I love licorice! My grandmother used to have some kind of very hard sticks, that you had to break with a hammer. I think they were for a sore throat. No salt, though. I am very intolerant of salt. And the salt is "ammonium chloride"? Sounds awful.
    I've had kimchi, won't get a bad reaction, but.. I'd never heard of Surströmming, but sounds like something to be avoided. Chitlins I would probably avoid, although I might try Haggis, given an appropriate opportunity, which isn't likely.
    Black pudding I actually like, along with head cheese. You ought to try them.
    About uni -- It might be good, but I only ate it once, at a very well respected sushi restaurant in LA and at the urging of someone from France. Unfortunately, mine tasted like the sea at low tide, and I have never been so sick in my life. Incidentally, it was a really nice orange color.
  • @kelani -- @surfcow does really live in Kansas, and doesn't surf. He mentioned what the name meant a year or more ago, but I don't remember.
  • @mvnla2 I figured there was a joke in there somewhere. Oh, head cheese is definitely on the NO list. Jelly and meat just.... no. :) Funny because livermush is the same animal parts, but with cornmeal and pan fried, and I love that stuff.
  • @Kelani -- The jelly in head cheese comes from the bones; it is really quite good. Try it, you'll like it.
  • @Kelani You're not scaring me with liver mush, although I don't care for it. My mom knew where the slaughter/butcher house was and would bring home beef heart, liver, and lights(lungs) along with a few tongues. It was very inexpensive at the time. These days beef tongue cost as much as high end steak. I didn't know we were eating ritzy food. I thought we were poor.
  • I'm disappointed in myself. I've only got seven top scores in Space. I should have more.
  • Hi OB looks like I'm later:/ lots of trouble with tablet tonight. .
    I'll take a Marmoset killer please. .no time to catch up on all the chatter..got my sis sleeping over..looooong story. .so now I'm finally off to fling for afew before hittin the hay..
  • Good night Ma. Thanks for returning my luck. I didn't fling much, but what I flung at was golden.
  • Night @Pa lol I saw you went and done good:) I'm reallyb missing that luck though and lets face it You didn't really Need the luck you were just holding it for'in case' we all know you Dont need no stinkin' luck. Skill is the name of your game;);)
  • All Done with Timber Doesn't Tumble #17 on first pass .. there will be no second passm
    Not sure whatever I'm going maybe back to beak. Oohhh or the high xdive secret one hmmm..
  • @rat Golden flinging indeed - well done
    So now I only need 4500 points, not going to be easy.
  • If it was easy, everybody would do it @Ollygod. When are you coming to part two?
  • @kelani @estar lots of laughing here about your "drop" story. We dutch people eat this things in huge portions. Salted, sweet, bitter, you name it - it's there. Also with honey, without sugar. And as @Estar said "you're no dutchie". What I observe is that in the past 20 years the "drop" has entered a large part of Germany, even in Switzerland I can buy a few kinds of it. Also laughings when I am on holiday and open a bag of these thing. People always gazing "what's that". Try one? "Why not" - Those faces!!
    My relatives, migrated to Canada in the 50's suffered by missing their "drop".
  • @TomPuss, that stack of PITA bread looks yummy! I love to fill it with peanut butter and honey, then lightly toasted just to warm them up a bit. A tall glass of ice cold milk and that's a snack!

Have a great weekend @all, and happy flinging! ♡
  • Hey @SweetP backatcha for a flinging weekend! xoxo
  • @SweetP It doesn't hurt to put a small amount of good butter under the peanut butter. And I put the glass of milk in the freezer about a half hour before I eat something like this. I like the milk so cold it's starting to form ice crystals.
    Yum, yum!
  • I see you sneaking up on me @Ollygod.

Edit: That's better. Back to 4k.
  • @all I don't recommend the challenge today. My top score was achieved by two very difficult finesse shots put together. Getting just one was tough, putting the two together, near impossible.
    Having said that, @Sonic32321 has decimated my score. I'm not very possessive about top scores, but I have real doubts about his score on this one. I don't understand his leaderboard either. He's only entered one or two scores in each world, not levels, Worlds. And of the 21 scores he's entered in all of Angry Birds, all are in the 250 or higher range except for the challenge. Very suspicious. Will someone vouch for him before I challenge his score?
  • @Rat the guy only has one Space score entered, and 2,6,11 on other games. I'd vote challenge.
  • @rat I believe it's always ok to ask someone who's just beaten your top score for a screenshot & strat. And it's today's challenge level so even more ok.
    He's got some othere suspicious scores - I've just flagged one of them in Seasons.
    I've spent a couple of hours on today's challenge & I think I'm happy with a modest 2k improvement. Nice shooting on that one!
  • @Rat while you're at it, post those finesse shots :P I've never been happy with my score on this one.

@Karen68 haven't seen you around lately. how're you doing? :) Was this challenge one of yours, or one of mine?
  • Hi @kelani, been enjoying a couple of weeks of staycation time with the family, so been mainly lurking. Only a little flinging going on :)
    And CC-16 was one I chose, although you could have too, there are probably duplicates on our lists. I chose the last Space one too, with the octopig. And cursed myself for doing so :D
  • @kelani I am not sure we need to "learn" to eat it, we just do... But i also think the drop-sweet kind is much easier in the palet, so maybe we start with that? I remember the "dropveters" long thin strands of drop with a sweet flavor, still love those. I think I developed a preference to salty drop later on in life.
  • Wow those prices are ridiculous @kelani !!! We pay probably half that price, and the shipping would be the same if I would send it! I actually like the "menthol kruisdrop" not salty, but minty licorice. Yum!
  • @karen68 staycation sounds great, and if you're still speaking to each other after a few weeks of being together, well that's really something! Yeah, we probably have lots of crossover in our lists. Great minds and all. :) Octopig is Pig Dipper 6-29 with the huge underwater pig, right? lol, I bet you weren't the only person cursing. Seems I missed that challenge in the "ooh! new Rio levels" excitement. Good thing, too. I won't say how long I worked on that evil level, but here's a clue:

PD 6-28 Score Entered Mar 16, 2014
    PD 6-29 Score Entered Apr 12, 2014
  • @estar well, they are imported, and most looked like bulk packages, but I agree. Those hard-to-find candy/soda/goodies dealers are just like the drug cartels. They charge those high prices because they can. :) There was an awesome candy a few years back: Tic Tac Silvers. Kinda vanilla-minty, Not chewy or crunchy. Shaped like mentos, but the size of those Wilhelmina mints, Each wrapped in a shiny metallic wrapper. They were intended for holiday candy dishes, but they were soo damn good, I'd buy boxes of them at a time. The maker didn't market them much, so they eventually discontinued them. I got lucky and found a 3lb bag for $100. After that, those bags got more expensive as they got scarcer. The last one I saw for sale was on ebay for $800, and someone (not me) bought it within an hour. :)
  • O_o wow! never seen those, we do have tic tac, but only the hard kind. Never seen the silvers, but $800?! Yeah I know imported stuff is always more expensive. Same applies to the American candy that has been hitting the shelves here lately! I love the Willy Wonka stuff, reminds me of the movie. I have got a glass filled with pixy stix's courtesy of our Calie gal @kimmiecv (I think almost a year ago) but as with all candy, even though I love them, I can easily not touch them for a month and take a couple in one go. This way I can love them for a longer time :)
  • How about you @kelani ?? All gone, half way thru or saving them??
  • Lol we are still on speaking terms @kelani, but I'm actually looking forward to the return of some normalcy. My house is a bit of a disaster too, will probably take me all day tomorrow to put it to rights.
    Evil is right, PD-29 drove me nuts. I don't like being 20k below the top score. Crazy scoring on that one.
    Hi @Estar. I did see your comment ages ago about changing the # of album pictures - thanks for the fix! :)
  • Bloody hell, I need to vent here -- sorry (better here than to post a mean reply in walkthroughs). @Estar or @SweetP, is there any ABN rule re: people trolling for points in walkthroughs? There is one flinger that's been inundating my email inbox for several days now. I'm subscribed to most walkthroughs for older Rio episodes and that flinger is posting in each and every one of them, basically paraphrasing the video strategy. He's not saying anything bad but it's bloody annoying since his scores are barely 3 stars and his posts are contributing absolutely nothing of value.
  • @fenikus send me a PM who is doing that, cause yes that is not allowed. I have experienced it a while back in Seasons, very annoying indeed.
  • Hey @karen68 sure no problem, good luck with the rearranging your house back to normal!
  • @fenikus if it is the one I think you mean (checking the activity) I agree highly annoying, but he is posting how he/she did it. btw if this is, it is the same person I came across. My case was pretty clear, all the comments would say, "thanks for the video I got...."
Post in the New Forum!