The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2135
  • 159668 Comments
  • Explain what @hunnybunny?
  • Who knew @Burpie? I'm right handed.
  • @all is Remi3241 on the challenge the Reverse Remi inventor, or was that by someone else?

@hunnybunny {cheeky} They just wanted to make sure you knew :P
  • @kathy {obvious} why your whine worked
  • Well @hunnybunny (obvious) ;) why would someone say woooiooo my whine worked.;)
    I didn't understand because you said you were confused about an update in your previous comment;
  • @kathy sorry, lost in translation here, details was probably a better word. Like "How many extra points?"
  • {poor excuse} my hunt for another puppy failed! after my (good for me) score this morning, I spent all day gardening, and I'm (insert any word you like here to express deeply tired, mine isn't publishable)
    Good night all
  • Ohhh lol @hunnybunny soorry haha I just had the same thought. A miscomunnication .. funny i just had that conversation with someone today about how words on a screen can soo be .mistake. anyway about 1000 extra not much but enough to move me from 23 to 14 :)
  • Night night @hunnybunny jeez I can think of a lot of words for overexhaustion.. have a good rest; )
  • K let's see if it works for level #4
    WWWwwwHhhhhhiiiiiinnnnneeeee WWWwwwHhhhhhiiiiiinnnnneeeee
    OB another Marmoset killer with an extra shot of Malibu please; )
  • @hunnybunny nighty. I've been gardening along with you. Bet it's much cooler where you are, though.
  • @Kelani -- Yes, that is the original Remi. Nice guy.
    @Kathy -- What is Malibu (as in shot of)? Since I live a short (by LA standard) drive from Malibu, you'd think I would know.
  • @mvnla2 it's Rum ;) not sure if it really comes from Malibu though lol..
  • @kelani @mvnla2 I don't get it? What's it for? Mine says n/a on all levels and disabled?
  • @Kathy It's disabled because it's not live yet. Nobody needs to be entering scores right now :)

@mvnla2 Malibu's coconut flavored rum in a white plastic bottle. Pretty tasty stuff.
  • @kelani does it have anything to do with your research? C'mon tell me tell me ;)
  • @kelani @kathy -- I'm not into cocktails, so hadn't heard of it. However, I would be interested in know where the Malibu is that it is named for. It's obviously not the one in CA
  • Hmm @mvnla2 lol I only know because @Sweetp mentioned it! I don't drink stuff like that in real life only virtually; )
  • @mvnla2 why can't it be the one in CA?

I had some when I was in my 20s, and recently, it goes well in a cake, although Tortuga Rum is better.
  • Well the whine isn't working in level #4 gawd that's an awful level
    WWWwwwHhhhhhiiiiiinnnnneeeee. ..
    Gotta move on:(
  • Guess I'll give a little WWWwwwHhhhhhiiiiiinnnnneeeee for level#6
    WWWwwwHhhhhhiiiiiinnnnneeeee
    OB another please; )
  • *donates his daily WWWwwwHhhhhhiiiiiinnnnneeeee ration to @Kathy for #6

You need it more than me. :)
  • Anyone know if there was some change in Jungle Escape 16? I've been fixing some of my lower Rio scores, and I can't get above 47k w/PC. My high score on ipad was 59k, and even that's below average. Something's not right with this level.
  • @Kelani i just got an update notice for 'bug fix'inn Rio ? Have you updated recently ?
  • @all, I've purchased the Space game and giving the now former challenge of the day a shot. I notice some of the asteroids are sometimes spinning, but on some resets they're not. That's normal, right?
  • Yep @fenikus sometimes they spin... sometimes they don't. .sometimes they spin opposite direction..normal for most space levels.
  • @Kelani, wonder if that bug fix Rio update has to do with DCB? They're vague in version history and just say "fixed some minor issues to improve the user experience".
  • @Kathy, interesting. I can see how the spin/not spin thing can affect the outcome greatly -- Space seems like a game of billiards, but instead of cue ball we have birds…

Edit: I could personally do without the sling scope thing, it would make the game more challenging. But I also see that it's a must for reduced power shots (at least for iPad) which are very useful here, just like in billiards.
  • @fenikus and @kelani, I sent the message to Slim about the Rio update, when I was checking on my auto-update apps. I saw that phrase about "fixed minor issues..." and wondered if it had to do with the DCB glitch also. I guess I'll have to go back to PG1 and try to make it work.
  • I have my setting to 'do not auto update' so i choose which.. usually if it's a 'bug fix'I don't update till I'm finished with the whole thing or it has a real update i.e. new episode
    I always forget that. .uhmm so Space = world pigbang=episode ? Ehh no matter you know what i mean right?
  • @SweetP, I'm a little scared to update since I haven't backed up my data files in a while. It certainly sounds plausible that they fixed DCB, if I was Rovio I would use the exact same wording.

Edit: that was for iPad, all my scores are there; I see my android phone auto-updated. I'll give it a shot on it as well.
  • Arghh @fenikus back up your files before updating!! Trust me ive lost count of how many times I've lost progress! ! I'm in the process of learning how to back up
  • @fenikus the rotation is normal, and the direction varies. It is very much like playing pool, the spin can make a big difference. There's even a level in Utopia that's a pool table.

I dunno if they fixed DCB, and the wording is probably correct, although we know it's not a minor issue :P

@Kathy I didn't get any notice about an update, but I see it in app store.
  • LOL..DCB is not fixed, at least not on Android. On the up side, I just got another top score in BR-3, that would make me the BR king again. Tempting...
  • @kelani what letter?
    And just for the heck of it while trying #19 and reading through the controversy over xanthippe high score (dcb) then cfhunko got a few points ahead ..uhmm how come no-one asked him for a screenshot?
  • How come you haven't entered your #3 top score @fenikus ?
  • @Kathy, because it was obtained while testing the DCB bug. When testing on my iPad I was careful not to taint any of my highscores, but on android I let it rip because I don't play on my phone.
  • So @fenikus you mean if you get a different score on your phone then you don't enter it?cuz it doesn't match your ipad?
  • @Kathy the DCB bug report we submitted. @SweetP sent it to BL so we could hopefully bypass the support queue. Haven't heard a peep back yet, though.

People may have been busy with Xanthippe's score, but I've noticed nobody seems to ask for screenshots when a new high score is plausibly above the existing high. I dunno why.

@Fenikus, not for long, it wouldn't :D If you posted yours, I'd post mine, others would post theirs, chaos would reign. :)
  • @Kathy, I just don't play on my phone -- I was only playing a couple of levels to verify the DCB bug exists on android so those scores are exaggerated. But I know that if I played two devices, it's allowable to mix and match and enter your best score.
  • Ohh you got the dcb? Sorry it's late lol I'm tired i Guess; )
    I almost forgot was it you @fenikus or @kelani who gave the tip on rotating the tablet to fling right handed? Whoever it was Thank You! ! I am right handed and i always find my stupid fingers in the way of my shot. . But i figured out how to flip it.. (don't ask me how) I just played with the motion option and wahhhla !!
    I'm turning in my flashlight now. .OB would you be so kind to put it away for me:)
    Night all.. sorry to ask questions and run but the hoodoovoodoo is kicking in.. time for sleep..
  • *scratches head* how did she... nevermind. :P

@fenkus I wish Rovio would give proper release notes. Now I want to know what stuff they actually fixed. Even if they got our info, I don't think they've had enough time to implement a fix, when you consider all the post-fix testing they probably do.
  • Umm @fenikus both my devices are android and I've Never got a DCB. Maybe cause like @hunnybunny said i add the extra birds in my head and automatically hit restart.hmmm
    Anyway Nighty night. .
  • Good night @Kathy.
  • Hi all, I forgot to pop in earlier for a good wwhhhiiinnneeee. I haven't gone to bed yet so technically it's still Tuesday... @kelani can a have a little bit of your level 6 whine as well?
    I haven't updated yet, like @kathy I don't update til I've played the latest episode through. But the wording - "we've fixed minor issues...." is their standard wording for every bug fix they put out. Never a hint as to what they're fixing.
    @fenikus is your DCB score on 3 in the 110k range like danno's score? There's a new 110k top score there, I guess another double count
  • Sorry hi @Karen68 night @Karen68 ..
Post in the New Forum!