The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2070
  • 159694 Comments
  • @Kelani, are these NC laws recent? I remember when I drove to Myrtle Beach (this was at least 10 years ago) and then to Charleston, SC and back to NC, literally every 100 yards said "Fireworks!". Or was that only in SC where they have prevalent rodent population and need firepower to get rid of them? :=>
  • @fenikus seriously? Remember, I'm brain dead tonight. You could be screwing with me and i'd take it as gospel.

@Kathy NC is stupid. We had 100% ban for years. Then finally, they passed a law to unban! Unfortunately all that was unbanned: Sparklers, smoke bombs, and things that sit on the ground and make sparks less than 10' high. If it flies, makes noise, or does anything remotely interesting, it's banned. grr.
  • Ah @Kathy, that doesn't apply to you, only to…you know who :=>
  • @fenikus you said to @ABCrazy you weren't being friendly?
    maybe i go back and reread..?
  • @fenikus That was the SC side. The NC/SC border is a continuous line of firework stands because of the laws. Until they legalized the lottery a few years ago, half those stands were also lottery ticket outlets.

NC legalized fireworks, or the tiny subset thereof in 2010. There's currently a LOT of petitions and such to legalize all consumer grade ones and allow making amateur pyrotechnics
  • (sounded friendly to me)
  • OMG am i seeing things? Nope yep @fenikus you said 'banter implies being friendly I wasn't being freindly to anyone' ????
    *hides under e* booth* = comfort zone. .
  • me no understand *hang sign*
    GoNe FLinGin'
  • Okay, I'll stop messing with ya guys…

@Kathy, you edited your original "huh" post so I edited my original reply. But I changed it completely and didn't follow @Kelani's "edit" rule. Sowwy. You can come out now, it's safe.

@Kelani, before I got this score on 19, I had exactly 9 hits to the tower that were either low scoring one-birders or resulted in near misses. The 10th hit finally worked. Another "Seth Meyers" type joke, sorry.
  • @fenikus I just checked the #19 comments for metric system. That's how out of it I am. I'll get the Seth Myers reference tomorrow morning after coffee. I'm just glad it wasn't Amy Poehler-related. btw, I did edit the fireworks law post. Looked up when they were legalized.

I am gonna be @Rat's age before I 1bird #10. He's been sitting there all day, just 20 points ahead. Wherever he is, I know he's snickering about that.

• @kelani I am a 'she' most definitely. But I play with fire, rockets, motorcycles, cars, airplanes, birds...... And more. I'm an engineer and now I teach engineering so the confusion is understandable. I live in Texas so, um, there's not much limits to what I can play with, know what I mean?
  • @fenikus I'm an owl. I can take you out & you won't even know what hit you! Notice how @rat & the @heyyous suddenly get really quiet when I'm around?
  • @ABcrazy, I did notice that! I was wondering what happened to Mr. Rat but now I know! (joins @Kathy hiding under e*'s booth)
  • @ABCrazy Sorry for masculin-izing you :) and I do know what you mean. You have a great hobby list. I'm also into fire, rockets and (formerly) vintage single-engine airplanes. You picked the right state for that stuff. If anyone has a problem with it, drive 10 miles and try again. You can do that a few hundred times. Me, I'd end up in the ocean after a few hours, or worse, Tennessee.
  • hi kelani *this is the safe zone.. welcome* be berybery qwiet*
  • lol. we got ourselves a scaredy-Rat.
  • :/ You have an Ocean inn N.C. @Kelani? my geography is really bad lol
  • *puts on kevlar chainsaw clothing* OK, I'm mostly bird-proof now. You two have fun under that booth. :)
  • @Kathy yeah, same ocean as you:P Up until 2000 or so, NC was #1 for hurricanes.
  • @kathy I'm sure there are many other less flattering descriptions than the 'land of the free' out there for where I live. I don't agree with some elements, but I like it here for most part. Ya just gotta know where & when you can play or not....

Edit: yeah pretty much what @kelani said.
  • @Kathy I'm 6 hours from the ocean. If you look at one of those 'earth lights seen from space' pics, and find NC, then look west until you see one big dark place. That's where i'm currently stuck.
  • I like west Texas. The whole southwest up until Needles, CA, really. The only place I'd never live in TX is Sasche.
  • didn't work:(
  • @ABCrazy pretty much what Kelani said.. when? :P I ramble when sleepy.
  • @fenikus Nevermind that I'm a screech owl so @rat is a bit big for me. No worries.
  • a 6'5" @rat at that.
  • 6 HOURS!! Ohy ve I Could never live that far from an Ocean! !
    and just Who are you Calling a Scaredy Rat? I'm not the one dressed in Kevlar! !
    Less Talk More Fling ;)
  • @kelani 'You picked the right state for that stuff. If anyone has a problem with it, drive 10 miles and try again. You can do that a few hundred times.' That part is very true 'round' here.

Most peeps disparage Houston for lots of understandable reasons. But when you need a job and a reasonable cost of living? .... Well?
  • @Kathy this from someone who's hiding/snuggling with @fenikus under a booth? I may be in kevlar, but at least I'm not trembling under a piece of restaurant furniture :P
  • @kathy @kelani I'm less than 30 minutes from the Gulf..... Oh, Nevermind.
  • @Kelani -- The PU bar appears automatically, and I don't always close it. I usually only close it when it interferes with a shot.
    I am very suspicious of #20, and haven't included it in self-destruction forum
  • Meep! Time for me to go to bed. I really hate 4:30am.
    Good night!
  • Been to Dallas a few times, but not Houston. It wasn't bad, but I've become generally anti-city over the years.
  • @ABcrazy, a screech owl? Still, I'll mention I now know you next time Mr. Rat is mean to me ;) Good night, hope we see you again here soon.
  • Nice meeting you again @ABCrazy mornings are evil.

@mvnla2 I know the powerup bar opens in ABO, but I don't think i've seen it do that in Rio, unless it's after you hit one of the packages that gives you one.

I want to see a screenshot of gramlord's #20 score, but I think that one could be legit. All it'd take is one marmoset to knock something over that makes them slide off the platform. Then a lot of luck.
  • Woot, Woot! Guess what day it is? Guess. What. Day. It is. Rio daily challenge…Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike, guess what day it is?
  • My Keyboard sux:/ going flinging. .
  • haha @fenikus let me guess ..hmm It's Rio Challenge Day Woot Woot!!
  • That's one of the Rio levels where you can't see your aiming lines anywhere there's clouds. Still I may give myself a break from #10 to play it.

I just realized #10 and #19 are the same: 1 stupid 0.00001% shot + Luck
  • Hi everyone :)
    @fenikus, @kelani, @mvnla2 - I've been able to duplicate the self-destruction on level 20. I am also playing on a 1st gen ipad running ios5.
    It happened on my 1st try at the level, at about 3 minutes in the jumping marmosets started destroying stuff & after about 8 minutes both the big guys had self-destructed, opening the gate. Then the yellow bird to detonate.
    My score wasn't all that impressive, 186k but I could see it going higher.
    I did take a bunch of "action" shots which I will post tomorrow (sorry, it's late & I'm getting tired) but maybe this is a device/OS specific glitch. I'll also try running it a few more times to see what happens.
  • I think i fixed it! Yep ;)
  • @Karen68 -- Wow! Please post your results in the Self-Destroying Levels forum
    http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/self-destroying-and-unstable-levels/page/7/
  • @Karen68 awesome! Guess my gut was right about him telling the truth, and wrong that old ios matters. I definitely want to see what starts it off for you.
  • @Sweetp what browser is that you're using? Glad you fixed it. Hate evil malware.
  • WTG @Karen68 :) I actually just opened level #20 to see what happens as my eyes close and i can't aim.lol
    Have a good night rest I'm gonna say my good night now as well.
    Night All Have a great night. tgif tomorrow acckk today.. right now lol
    that reminds me..brb but if not.. have a grest evening all and Dont Stay up past Bedtime ;)
    trust me don't do it!!
    *places flashlight in Kimmie special safe*
    night all.
  • @karen68, thanks for letting us know about the self-destruction in BR20! Now I'm curious to see if it will happen on my Android. If it does, I'll leave a comment in the Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels forum.
  • Good luck :P Only 2 cases were old ipads. That's just bizarre.
Post in the New Forum!