List of Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 7
  • 1064 Comments
  • @rd -- Thanks for the report. Do I need to add /modify anything?
  • @mvnla2 you know the planks that hold it they move
  • @mvnla2, Cherry Blossom 1-4 collapsed on me, I was lining up my 1st shot & only realized it was collapsing after I released the bird, so I didn't see what wobbled or triggered the collapse. Ended up with about 55k, a bit of the damage could have come from the red bird but he kind of skimmed over the top. Killed 3 left pigs but left 2 right pigs buried, even if I hadn't flung the 1st bird, I don't think it would have helped much as the 2 buried pigs were under stone, making the red bird pretty useless. I'm sure I played the level at least 200 times & only saw it happen once. There is another comment on the walkthrough about a collapse.
    When I saw it collapsing I immediately started making note of damage, score etc - you have me well-trained!
  • @karen68 -- What I've seen so far is that ~1/20 tries, the top tower leans noticeably to right, but no collapse so far. I am assuming that the collapse happens fairly quickly, since all reports mention flinging 1st bird when collapse noticed. Added to list on p.1.
  • @mvnla2, got another one for you. Cherry Blossom 1-6, the top part of the right tower, everything above the horizontal stone plank on top of the TNT can fall off to the right. Happened maybe 1 in 50 or so times, you can see it start to wobble after a few seconds, it takes about 30 secs to fall giving a score of 23k. No advantage though; as it falls it pushes the stone plank on top of the TNT a bit to the left, making the TNT & the wood beside it basically impossible to reach with the 1st shot.
  • @karen68 -- So far haven't seen even a hint of a wobble, or even more than the merest hint of settling. What platform and what version of ABS are you playing? I'm on iPad and playing ABS 2.5.1.
  • @mvnla2, the same, ipad & 2.5.1. It happened to me 2 times this morning & once last night. It doesn't seem to settle at all, it either starts to wobble & slide right or it doesn't move at all. I'll have another go round on that level later when I have more time & let you know.
  • @karen68 -- I'm beginning to think they have a line of code in AB, that says "If user = MVNLA2, selfdestruction = 0)! Another thought is that you can't just keep restarting, but have to play the level? Any thoughts, anyone?
  • @mvnla2, i try that on 2 platform also nothing, PC & Symbian (still on 2.3.0).

ABS Cherry

Off topic, mvnla2, after 2.5.0 i notice cherry blackgrond is 'dirty', ipad also same?
  • @PJng -- I don't remember, or have anything to compare with, but I agree, background on cherry blossom does appear granulated or dirty. Anyone else think this is new. I guess PJng can compare side by side?
  • @PJng -- Interessting -- Don't know what to think.
    @karen68 -- Added ABS CB 1-6 -- Still haven't seen it, but did increase my score trying.
  • @kathy got a few points in ABO Big Setup 9-13. Middle long stone block on left of stone house starts to slant down. Tried 50 to 100 restarts while catching up in BP. Most I saw was left stone plank slanting down enough to disconnect from center wood plank; no points.
  • Have had partial collapse of right hand side tower (at 2 o'clock) a number of times now in ABsp 3-7. Score varies and has settled on 40 and numbers up to 3750. Only just noticed it in past few days so still to see if it will go any further. Usually starts within five minutes.
    Using Android and have latest update.
  • @dasa51 -- Somehow missed your post. Will update later today. Thanks!
  • mvnla2, ABO 9-13 when level start get 160 point (v2.2.0), but on my device no point (v2.0.2), i see same thing happen, as you write at 16 sept.
  • @dasa51 -- Starts within 5 min? How often does this happen (number of times/ restarts)? Got 10 pts so far; probably much more than 5 min. Does it help you get a higher score? I assume what happens is that the revolving asteroid in a bubble keeps getting lower and lower, and hits the wood block on top of the tower at 2 o'clock, is this correct?
  • Normally starts within five minutes if at all. 90% of time it leads to not much at all - in the 'tens'. Have reached 3170 before it stops. As the fall does not break the more resistant surface the value of it for a higher score is minor. It looks as if the ice blocks slide to one side and then fall off - the orbiting asteroid stays in orbit. Have let it run about 200 times trying to get blocks to fall and break surface - if this happens it would then take some shot to break the bubble in the right place to fall where the surface had been damaged !!!!

Probably not worth waiting for. Only discovered it as I let it run following a comment about the centre exploding by highest scorer on this level.
  • Check ABO 11-7
  • Big Set Up 11-7. If you restart and wait approximately 15-30 seconds, the horizontal stone on the inside of the right structure will fall, hitting big pig with hard hat and sometimes the little guy on his right. I have had it happen 4 times out of 100 or so attempts. Scores ranged from 9-15 k. Playing on Kindle Fire.
  • Going for a long weekend starting Thurs morning. Trying to update, but last attempt failed due to ABN site problems (I think).
  • Back from the weekend; will update later today. Anyone find any self-destroying levels this weekend?
  • @mvnla2 piglantis level 2-2 is unstable and causes destruction with the raft
  • @Harrystar6 -- Thanks, and keep notifications coming. Piglantis 2-2 is already on list under self-destroying levels. It is considered to be partially self-destroying, because there is some self destruction before any birds are shot. "Unstable" levels are those, like ABS GE 20 (big basket), which has the spinning flower if you shoot the first bird precisely right. These are my definitions, not necessarily obvious, but I tried to explain on first page. Probably best explained by reading descriptions of unstable levels.
  • Thanks @mvnla2 will do :)
  • Not sure if this is listed didn't see it
    ABO big setup 11-10 seems unstable
    .shifts to the left..every so often piggie on far left hard hat will fall off and all leans to left

Haven't had y
    the time other patience to wait and see anything further ..
  • @Kathy -- Thanks for info. Sorry to take so long in getting to this; Bad Piggies intervened. Did you get any points? I am assuming you mean that it is the hard hat and not the piggie that falls off? What is it that leans to left? How long does it take? I am playing version 2.2.0. I'm wondering if this is one of the things that have been "fixed" in recent updates? I see the hardhat wobbling, but doesn't seem close to falling off. There are two little wood blocks on either side of the leftmost pig. Are they present in your game?
    Whoa! Just saw hard hat fall off for 0 pts! Takes more than a few seconds; parts of central structure lean to the left. I would guess it happens ~1/20 or 30 times?? Central structure and pig surrounded by ice lean to left even if hat doesn't fall off left-most pig.
    Any idea if leaning left increases score?
    Saw upper TNT shift to left once. Think hardhat falling is more like 1/100.
  • Abo 1-13 i try many time, max i can get only 10 point.
  • @PJng -- Thanks; added
    @Kathy -- Not sure what to do with ABO 11-10?? Is it worthwhile listing it, even with 0 score?
  • @mvnla2 I don't think it's worth listing..I've waited at least 5 minutes and the hat only falls off after about 5 resets..then the other pigs roll ..but nothing else and 0 pts.
  • ABO 12-4 the sombrero falls off the middle piggies head ..no points but I really haven't had the patience to wait..just informing;)
  • @mvnla2 - GGGL 1-17 (or 2-2 in the newest update) Tree on left of level can go crazy and shake itself to the ground after minimal damage inflicted by bird. Can pick up a few thousand points, and clear the way for a better second shot if used properly. Takes five to ten minutes for the show to complete.
  • @Burbman -- Thanks, added. Any idea how often it happens with a good first shot, or what damage leads to destruction? So far I've gotten 500 extra points; tree is still wriggling, and it's been going at least 10 min.
  • Any more discoveries of self-destroying or unstable levels?
  • abo 8-13, top of middle structure falls occasionally.
    abo f-1, left half of western structure can fall, very rare.
    abo f-3, the exposed little piggy on the left structure sometimes rolls and falls to the right.

by the way, to find this forum post, search "unstable".
  • @alllenbird -- Thanks for the input. By abo f-1 I assume you mean facebook?
  • @mvnla2 yes, it means facebook.
  • @allenbird -- If you can provide points after partial destruction, frequency of occurrence, and length of time you have to wait, that would be very helpful. Please check what I added to the main post (p 1)
    Also, I don't think you've given enough information on the facebook levels to identify them. If I look at facebook 1-1 or 1-3, your descriptions don't make sense???
  • @mvnla2 in 8-13 last time i had this level self-destruct, it happened within 5 seconds. the structure with the strawberry leaned over to the left and the top tipped over to the left. I got 560 points. On the first level of ham 'em high's facebook levels, when the portion left of the medium pig with the brown hat collapsed, it took a long time, i think 3 min. on the 3rd level of the facebook levels, rovio moved the little block from the left of the small pig with the brown hat to the right side so the level can't self-destruct.
  • @allenbird -- Sorry for delay; added the HmH facebook levels. Do you have any idea how many points you get for collapse in f-1? So far the most I've seen is the brown hat falling off for 0 pts. I didn't see any mention of the pig in f-3 falling off spontaneously, but it does look like it could from video.
  • Just to let you know, I have an old version[v1.5.3]of angry birds. One of the updates prevented HeH f-3 from self destructing; rovio put a small block beside the little piggy with the brown hat to prevent it from self-destructing.
  • @allenbird -- I did add f-3. Do you know how many point for either f-1 or f-3?
  • i'm not sure about f-1, but on an old version(like 1.5.3) I get about 5000 points. f-3 doesn't self destruct.
  • Surf n turf level 42. Left structure will sometimes wiggle. I'd say 1out of 25 resets or so. And 1 out of 10 of those the stone will fall on the TNT hard enough to set it off. This sometimes leaves you with a gap big enough to hit the TNT on the bottom with the 1st red bird.
  • Surf n turf 31is also unstable. The entire structure falls to the left sometimes.
  • Surf n turf 32 is also unstable. Sometimes the roof of the right most structure falls to the right.
  • Surf n turf 33 is also unstable. Sometimes the boulder on the left falls on its own.
  • Wow -- Thanks Bluestar127 -- No idea there were so many. Will try to add later today.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!