New Group! ABN Members' Map has Moved to Groups Page 3
  • 554 Comments
  • @alfredhartojo
    Indonesia
    Java Island
    Jakarta Barat/West Java
    GMT +7
  • Something is a bit bent with BirdLeader's location -- the map puts him in the middle of Michigan, but the description lists his State/Region as California.
  • @ChaosTsar Thanks. Interesting. It will be fixed in next update later today. Apparently I managed to copy contents rather than formula.
    @BirdLeader Map will be showing you as in Newport Beach, is that correct and/or OK?
  • @cc-jolly

AUSTRIA
    TYROL
    Reutte
    Elbigenalp
  • Very good idea :-)
  • Updated. Please let me know if there are any mistakes
  • Whats up with all the crazy ABers in the US Midwest. Just a few of us rocking out New England US? There has to be more.
  • @lostgreybird Only 37 people (out of thousands of ABN members) have asked to be included on the map. Any suggestions on how to get more people to list their location on the map?
  • @all Please post your data here and I will add it to map. There are more than 2000 of you missing from map!
  • how do you put your name on the map
  • @angryperson
    Angryboy
    U.S.A.
    Georgia
  • @lostgreybird it's pretty good
  • Rossmom
    USA
    Tennessee
    Joelton
    CST
  • What an awesome idea!
    @karen68
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • My city is misspelled... "Fremont" instead of Freemont (northern california)
  • Thanks, guys (I hate "gals", so guys applies to both sexes). Will update tomorrow (Wed) evening.
  • @mvnla2-
    I think you must put BL on Orange County,California as on the About page.
  • @kathy and @amslimfordy
    You live so close to each other!:)
  • @kathi17
    kathi17
    Stonington
    Maine
    US
  • amslimfordy and sal9 also live very close by
  • @kathy & @amslimfordy do you guys really live in Boston or do you just put Boston because its the biggest nearby city. I was gonna but Boston because it's more well know but I decided to put my little itty bitty town of Salisbury where I live.
  • @mvnla2 i think it will come. Little by little, once the red dots start becoming more plentiful people will realize they should do it. At first I didn't know that I wanted to do it then I realized @Kathy & @amslimfordy live right by and there were some interesting people right by me.
  • @lostgreybird I'm legitimately in Boston ... except I'm in the Midwest for the week on a mini-vacation.
  • Maybe if you changed the name of the post to something like-
    ABN Member World Map (Add your location & join the fun) - 50 members & growing
    The post title doesn't explain what it is until the end & mention that you already have a ton of participants. Make the initial post short & sweet too. Something like adding your location will let you compare your World location with other ABN users. Disclaimer: (add in a short blurb about how it is general location & not specific enough for someone to find you). Then add the short list criteria that you need to include them. Put optional next to the optional stuff & i don't think you need to explain why stuff is optional or not. I initially didn't participate because your first post was too long and I didn't have the time to sit and read it.
    Its a great idea so i'd love to see it take off.
  • FujiToast
    Aaron
    St. Cloud
    Minnesota
    USA
  • so all the admins live in the USA
  • Hope I got everyone! @Carl -- Newport Beach is in Orange County.
    @lostgreybird -- Thanks for the suggestions, will work on rewrite soon.
  • @lostgreybird Let me know what you think about rewrite of 1st page.
  • GreenImperial
    USA
    California
    El Segundo
  • Hi @GreenImperial Welcome to the map. We're practically neighbors! I'm updating map once a day, usually in evening. May do twice today.
  • @laurafj
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania
    USA
  • @mvnla2 so is it only one member can come up on.the pin? what if 2 people are in the same place such as slim and I? what if you could click on a members name and their location comes up. would'nt that make it easier.?
  • @mvnla2 love it, pure awesomeness. @Kathy I see 2 pins in Boston one for you and one for slim
  • @thegreenbird
    Green
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania
    U.S.A.
    EST
  • @Katy -- When 2 people are in the same location (e.g., you and Slim), I arbitrarily assign you slightly different locations. In the US, I've mostly been using zip codes. So if you zoom way in on your pin, you can see where I put you. If you would like to "move" to a different zip code or neighborhood, just let me know. For example, I could put you in Beacon Hill (I think). If I ever figure out how to make the spreadsheet accessible without displaying columns I don't want people to see, you will be able to find a name and see the location. At the moment, I don't know how to click on a person's name and have their location come up on the map.
  • Well, I have to admit that there are getting to be a lot of people in approximately the same location. I think I need to work on making the table of names and locations available.
  • @mvnla2 it's looking good! Great job! Just a couple of things : both myself & @laurence are both on GMT but we seem to be on UCT on map,actually all the Europeans are,not sure what that is?!! Also to confuse matters(sorry!!) although UK is a country so are Scotland,England,Wales & N.Ireland. It means putting Scot or Eng as a state. Don't mean to add to your workload it's just we can get a bit patriotic on this little island :)
  • Actually@mvnla2 forget that. It's up to individual to decide if they want UK as country or Scot etc
  • @JLZ 666 UTC is the same thing as GMT. UTC is Coordinated Universal Time, only they had to put the letters in the wrong order because CUT is a word in English.
  • @kathi17 ahh ok,thanx!
  • bowzerbird Auburn Washington [PST]
  • @JLZ666 I think you misread map, because the country for you and Laurence has always been listed as UK (I think). I will, however, take your advice and let individuals decide if they want to list Scotland, etc. as country.
  • @all -- Please join! My problem with Google docs has vanished into the web-ether. So we're back in business.
  • @AngryBirdsFanGuy438
    ABFG, Angry FanGuy
    USA
    Florida
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!